Old 12-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi relosers...finally, yesterday was an on plan day. Credit...YAY. We had a pasta dinner with all the trimmings. I had to pull all of my resistance techniques out of my hat to get through it. It was really tough.. but, I perservered.

Yesterday I wrote it all down, drank lots of water, did my exercises, always left a bite. Credit. I went to bed early.. just easier than facing any evening eating.

I've still got a cold, sinus, swollen glands... ready for them to get better.

Good news... I got my bloodwork back. Triglycerides were 443 - now 239. They need to get below 150. Cholesterol was 232 - now 182. That's in three months. I am pleased. Credit!!

I've been reshearsing for some programs this week.

Hope you are having a good day,
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #137  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
Thank goodness for that .4 pound that didn't add back on.
back, DIANE ~ that was cute -- glad that you decided to join us again ... good luck!

BEVERLYJOY ~ that's a good number on the cholesterol -- what do think made such a difference in your numbers? Others would like to know too I'm sure ...

Spent our day getting ready for our trips south; first the visit to the surgeon on Thursday. Then started packing our duffel bags for the trip down south for the surgery itself (to stay with my sister and her family). Trying to get everything ready ahead of time -- which actually helps keep my mind occupied. Food was good today too.

Have a great OP Tuesday everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-10-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #138  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Day 2, went to the gym, so 2 days in a row! I went to Body Pump today, it was kind of difficult and I can see that I lost a lot of strength by not continuing working out. But, I'll get it back......

Nice Beverly! Those are good numbers!

Rosebud, thanks for the welcome back!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Yesterday was a healthy day... always grateful for that! I planned/measured/logged food, did my exericses, drank lots of water, always left a bite, got healthy food to keep in the house, & took several deep breathes before each meal or snack. Credits!

I went to bed early. Thus, no extra eating then. However, I woke up at 2am. I couldn't fall back to sleep right away. So I had some warm milk and chamomille tea. I finally fell back to sleep in the recliner. I am not concerned about that 'extra milk'.

Yesterday DH and I decided we weren't going to bake any of the traditional Christmas goodies (His mom's raisin & nut bread and butterscotch & sugar cookies) I was really excited. I figured I could make some hot cocoa mix and jar it up to give as a 'homemade' present. I don't think I'll be tempted to binge on it. BUT - today, DH changed his mind. So, we have to figure out plan B.

I am still dealing with feeling sick. At this point it's postnasal drip and few other things. Ready for it to be gone!

I am reshearsing alot today for my performances tomorrow.

As per justwant2bhealthy's question as to how I got my lab numbers down. Basically is was cutting out a lot of sugar and fat. (two of my favorite food groups). I was suprised to see how much it had gone down in three monthes. You'd think with that much a difference in lab numbers I would have had a bigger weight loss. Oh well. However, I am very pleased.

slash - two days in a row at the gym is awesome!!! Carry on. So great to see your post.

justwant2bhealthy - sounds like you are getting things all organized for your surgery and trip. That's good. Glad you are not eating over any of it. Kudo's.

sluggerbean - am sending postive thoughts and prayers for you to get through finals without overeating/bingeing. PLAN the best you can.

lyn - awesome weight loss!!!!

losetoall - hang in there with your many gatherings. PLAN the best you can.

I hope you are all having a nice day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-11-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #140  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

I am soooooo sad to report I have gained back EIGHTY pounds. I feel depressed all the time because of this and I find it dominates my thoughts. It feels so awful so if anyone reading this is feeling tempted to get off plan, PLEASE don't do it. It isn't worth it. If you are a praying person, I'm begging you to say a prayer for me today that I can get back on track. I'm just sooo down I don't even know if I can pick myself up and start again, but I know that I must - even though I have failed at it the last few weeks. Thanks for letting me 'vent' and sorry for the "downer" this afternoon.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Praying for you Ritzy. I know it is hard, but you will feel so much better about yourself once you get going again. Hugs!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #142  
Starting over 3/24/2017

Thanks, Lyn! Seeing that you have experienced a similar situation and knowing that you are praying REALLY does help so much! Blessings to you.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #143  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Hello ReLosers, Well the loss of appetite stage is over, and now I am comfort food eating. I really want/need to get this reigned in, or else I know where it will lead. I got some fruit today and that is always a good start for me to have fruit between meals instead of carby junk.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #144  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

JUDY-LYNN~ hang in there, girl -- fruit is a good idea.

back, RITZY ~ just chip away at it one-step-at-a-time, one-day-at-a-time! Yes, we've all been there; some of us more than once (like me), but it is possible to get the victory. Sending up ^prayers^ for you as well. You can do this; we all can!!!

BEVERLY-JOY ~ Yay for plan "B" -- sooo, what is it? ... enquiring minds want to know ...

I'm doing OK with the food; am so glad that I am. I up my cals a bit in the wintertime, so that may be helping me. Actually, DH stresses me more with hiding his pj's, clothes, and blankets in the basement. Now, I am calling it "the black hole" ...

Have a wonderful OP Wednesday, everyone ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #145  
Starting over 3/24/2017

Justwant2Bhealthy: Thanks so much for the encouraging words and the prayers - and congratulations on your success! That is wonderful!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

hi relosers,

I dropped a pound overnight and am back to 214. I got all choked up. That is the low weight I got to when I first was losing this weight in 2007... well, technically I started in 2007 and got to 214 in 2008. I hit this weight and stalled out, regained and stayed there for almost 2 years while TRYING to lose more. Then in 2010 I started at 234 and got down to 175. Here I am, back to 214 again. Emotional. Hope I see a lower number soon. I want outta here (the 200's).
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #147  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hey Ritzy, just keep in mind that if you were the only one who messed up and regained the weight, we wouldn't need this thread. It definitely is depressing, but you can't think about it. You just need to start again and take it a day at a time. Beating yourself up doesn't help!! I'm on day 3 of the restart, so we'll keep moving forward starting........ NOW!

Lyn, that's a good thing to have happen!! Now you can blow past that number and move downward!! Good for you!

Judy Lynn, I've heard that drinking hot tea can help, too, unless you are wanting to add a snack at that time. The fruit is a good way to go.

Well, I made it back to the gym again today. 3 days in a row. I'm happy. I'm forcing myself to go so I can get back in the habit of being there daily. Today was spin again. I had spin on Monday too, and "that" area was a little sore, but I made it. They have another spin class on Friday. Might have to see if I can do it again.

Now, if people could just not bring in goodies to the office, that would help.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #148  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Cool Well here I am

I will work on changing all my stats for my current state. But heres what going on in a nutshell.

In the last year I have gotten out of a unhappy marriage of 17 years, fallen in love with the man of my dreams, lost alot of people in my life during the transition due to situation, trained for and ran a 1/2 marathon had to have knee surgery due to injury, and caring for my 6 amazing children as they adjust to our split custody arrangement.

I have lost myself , my super strict plan started to slip, my exercise became 2 times a week not daily, Sodas became everyday as did chocolate, alcohol became too frequent and fast food.
I think i am punishing myself for everything yet I do believe I am doing the right thing long term the adjustment is just killing me or am i allowing it to!?!.

So I have put on 30-35 pounds. I don't feel energetic and positive like I did and i refuse to go back to plus size anything. My new pretty clothes are uncomfortable. Eating isn't making me happy neither is the soda and alcohol drinking.

I'm better than this . As of yesterday I recommitted , I'm going to try 6 days on 1 day off for now to see if that is more realistic life plan. Working on no soda and alcohol. No chips, fries, potatoes, fried foods, very limited sugar. More water, raw veggies, fresh fruits, protein shakes, lean meat, and moving more.

This board is such a positive helpful place. It encourages me to keep fighting even when i get off track, deal with lifes rain storms and hurdles. Look forward to catching up with everyone.
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #149  
Starting over 3/24/2017

Slashnl: I totally get everything you said. I just found myself in a very low spot the day I posted and my low spirit showed in my post. I am doing some better today, but still battling those feelings of "how could I let myself do such a stupid thing" feeling. :-) Thanks for your comment. I appreciate the support here. That's why I knew where to come to when I found myself in such a low state.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #150  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Getting back on track is so much harder than doing it the first time was. I keep finding myself stress eating because all of the life stress that helped me gain back the weight is still there. I didn't know I was a stress eater until recently. Before I was just an all the time eater and after I started working on losing weight I guess I never had enough stress to trigger this before. Now I have all of this and I have no idea how to cope with being a stress eater. It's something I'm going to have to learn to control.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote