don't know whatcha got til it's gone

• to keep myself accountable, i want to post my weight loss journey. today i decided to follow the insanity workout. i haven't worked out in years, so i had an idea about what i was getting into. i did the fit test and about keeled over! but i was very proud of myself. the actual moves weren't that hard; that's what was a little discouraging. i've never been a skinny girl, but i was definitely in much better shape. i could do physical things and not get winded so quickly. and i know that the exercise that i did today would have gone much better. i could walk for hours and now just the thought of walking sends shivers! i am by far in the worst shape of my life. the sad thing is i remember being 50 lbs, 100 lbs lighter and thinking "ugh i'm sooo fat". man i would kill to be 50 or 100 lbs lighter! i'm almost thankful for having gained the weight to help me put things in perspective. i definitely appreciate my body now more than i ever had. i try to eat better. i dress better (no more baggy jeans for this gal!). i have more self confidence now than i did 150 lbs ago. and i'm really glad for that. we all need to remember to be thankful for what we have.
  • Way to go!!! That is a very very big bite to take. I can't even watch the insanity commercials without feeling like I may fall over.
  • Way to go!