Holidays - OMG can we skip them all?

• Being an CSR in a Cancer Clinic there is already enormous amounts of junk (cake, pies, cupcakes, cookies) at work, thanks to the drug reps and patients who need to show their gratitude by feeding us!

Now, with Halloween around the corner it is even worse. I'm trying to satisfy the sweet tooth with some fresh fruit but WOW all this yummy sweet stuff is so tempting!!
  • OMG drug reps have brought in MORE candy!! This is a living nightmare!!
  • lol. bless your heart.. that has to be hard. im not a big candy freak.. much more into salty things.. that being said tho, even i would have a hard time around so much sweet stuff...
    are you the type that can have one or two pieces and walk away? or will that trigger a problem? i dont even know what to tell you cause it sucks lol...
  • I normally don't even go there, I'm just glad there's only 2 holidays I have to worry about
  • I am not a big candy freak I am more into salty food but my lord who knew you could stick this much cake, cookies, pies and candy under one roof? lol
  • I would be DYING!!!! I would have to buy blinders like they use on a horse.

I'm not sure how to deal with it, I definately couldn't touch it, just one of anything can send me into a frenzy of eating all junk in sight.

This is a hard time in my house.. October is my anniversary (we had cake, and will have for the next few days.. if I can keep from eating it all in a binge), then the 24th is my birthday (cake again), then of course Halloween. November isnt' too bad other than left over candy and then Thanksgiving. December is super rough though. On top of all the extra goodies floating around the house for Christmas, 3 of my kids have Christmas birthdays.. so the 20th we have cake, the 28th we have cake, the 29th we have cake... then there is always a snacky buffet set up for New Years Eve. But for the most part all of this is in my home, so I will have control over what is available... but those cakes