Old 10-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lishar View Post
Elladorin- that sucks that you had such a bad day. I hope your weekend is amazing.

kmstacy You are halfway to the next thread. I have a feeling I will be here for a bit. We are taking our girls to a rock show on Saturday. I work Sun/Mon and have a class Tuesday. Boring.

Matilda08 You are so close. Congrats.

2times2much Congrats on your new pants. I hope to do that soon. I don't have many size 20 pants and I really want to get out of them.

Fatness I think the wraps are just temporary. You dehydrate your tissues but the water comes back. There is no easy fix. I have started to walk my stairs when I cant make it to the gym. I have 12 steps and walk them for 30min or so. I can get 50-60 done and a good burn. Its my fall back cardio.

I was down to 230 and gained back 2lbs the next day. I am not sure why. I am staying on plan and hope it will go down soon. I just keep swimming swimming swimming. It will come off but somedays I get so impatient. I feel like my 5 year old who we call Veruka Salt. I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!
Thanks for the insight on the body wraps! I will also have to try the stair climbing myself!
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #47  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

I had my official weigh-in yesterday and...I will be here another week. 220.8!! Considering that I went over on calories two days this week, I am happy for the loss I had.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Laters!
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

TOM has been killer this week... over calories 4 days this week! Not NEARLY my daily water. UGH! Need to get back at it. I'm still doing Jillian. Honestly, my daughter (ho's 10) is helping with that. I told her after I finish 30 day shred, we'd do Jillian's kickboxing. So everyday she asks me, "Mom did you work out? How many more days?" As of today, I'm OVER the halfway mark. I did day 16 this morning. 14 more and my girl and box it out with me.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm quite impressed with the amount of fitness/exercise that you gals do! I'm finally feeling that I can stand for more than 10 minutes. It seems crazy to be able to jog, or do "shreds"! My one attempt at Zumba didn't go well. No doubt it would be easier to lose if I would MOVE!

It really kind of hit home as there is an opening for a job with the sheriff dept. I would qualify...IF I could get through the agility test. It's not likely...I can't do 1 push up let alone 20. And run a mile! There better be something dang scary chasing me or a big reward at the finish line! (Maybe both!)

Guess that will be my next challenge! I still see the fat me, that wasn't ABLE to exercise, and could find a number of excuses (as many as needed) to avoid it at all cost!

I felt icky after eating too much Gyro for supper tonight!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggerbean View Post
I had my official weigh-in yesterday and...I will be here another week. 220.8!! Considering that I went over on calories two days this week, I am happy for the loss I had.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Laters!
This is great and congrats! you have a nice weekend also
Old 10-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
TOM has been killer this week... over calories 4 days this week! Not NEARLY my daily water. UGH! Need to get back at it. I'm still doing Jillian. Honestly, my daughter (ho's 10) is helping with that. I told her after I finish 30 day shred, we'd do Jillian's kickboxing. So everyday she asks me, "Mom did you work out? How many more days?" As of today, I'm OVER the halfway mark. I did day 16 this morning. 14 more and my girl and box it out with me.
This sounds like a great workout plan! I must look into it! keep up the good work!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2times2much View Post
I'm quite impressed with the amount of fitness/exercise that you gals do! I'm finally feeling that I can stand for more than 10 minutes. It seems crazy to be able to jog, or do "shreds"! My one attempt at Zumba didn't go well. No doubt it would be easier to lose if I would MOVE!

It really kind of hit home as there is an opening for a job with the sheriff dept. I would qualify...IF I could get through the agility test. It's not likely...I can't do 1 push up let alone 20. And run a mile! There better be something dang scary chasing me or a big reward at the finish line! (Maybe both!)

Guess that will be my next challenge! I still see the fat me, that wasn't ABLE to exercise, and could find a number of excuses (as many as needed) to avoid it at all cost!

I felt icky after eating too much Gyro for supper tonight!
I use to be the same way! 2 years ago when I tired working out I did not lose anything. So, i would make up every excuse not to workout again! Now that I see I can lose weight from working out and eating right; I can honestly say I love it.

Best of luck to you!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Working out is my biggest challenge. I have severe arthritis in my right knee (I'm going to need a knee replacement in a few years). My feet and ankles are in bad shape. I shan't go into a whole lot of detail with that; I'll simply say that they hurt a LOT. They sometimes feel like they're full of broken glass. I also have problems with my right shoulder due to old injuries.

When I started my weight loss effort, I could barely walk down to the end of my driveway. Now, despite my pain issues, my weight loss has enabled me to be more active. I walk a mile on most days when I'm not traveling for work. I swim once or twice a week. I also have a recumbent exercise bike that I get on when the weather is too bad for me to walk.

In comparison to some other folks, my physical activity is really light but it is working for me. My doctor has advised me to be careful and go slowly. She really doesn't want me hurting myself. She is happy with my progress and so am I. When I think about how much I hurt back in January and how little I could do as compared to now, well, wow. One of the best things out of all of this is my increased mobility and decreased pain.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #54  

Height: 5'5"

Peggy! Glad to keep you for any while, but was so hoping you would make it over the 100-pound lost hurdle. Hope you are planning a HUGE celebration for it!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #55  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieDawn View Post
Peggy! Glad to keep you for any while, but was so hoping you would make it over the 100-pound lost hurdle. Hope you are planning a HUGE celebration for it!
Thanks LaurieDawn!! My celebration plan is to donate 10 inches of my hair to Locks of Love. I am losing weight for myself so I thought that giving to others would be a great way to celebrate.
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:40 AM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet2727 View Post
Working out is my biggest challenge. I have severe arthritis in my right knee (I'm going to need a knee replacement in a few years). My feet and ankles are in bad shape. I shan't go into a whole lot of detail with that; I'll simply say that they hurt a LOT. They sometimes feel like they're full of broken glass. I also have problems with my right shoulder due to old injuries.

When I started my weight loss effort, I could barely walk down to the end of my driveway. Now, despite my pain issues, my weight loss has enabled me to be more active. I walk a mile on most days when I'm not traveling for work. I swim once or twice a week. I also have a recumbent exercise bike that I get on when the weather is too bad for me to walk.

In comparison to some other folks, my physical activity is really light but it is working for me. My doctor has advised me to be careful and go slowly. She really doesn't want me hurting myself. She is happy with my progress and so am I. When I think about how much I hurt back in January and how little I could do as compared to now, well, wow. One of the best things out of all of this is my increased mobility and decreased pain.

So sorry to hear about arthritis in your knee! My friend also deals with this problem also; but its poor pain in the the winner! I know this might slow you down a little with the goals and everyday things you want to do. I have arthritis; but it only act up when I am braiding hair for a long periods of time. I hope you get better and the pain stops!
Also, keep up the good work! Progress is always a Plus!

Old 10-14-2012, 02:45 AM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggerbean View Post
Thanks LaurieDawn!! My celebration plan is to donate 10 inches of my hair to Locks of Love. I am losing weight for myself so I thought that giving to others would be a great way to celebrate.
This sounds great! I did not ever know they had organizations like that! I will have to look into it! You are very kind! Keep up the good work and doing your part in the world! Stay blessed

Old 10-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Thank you, Fatness. *huggles*
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Having a hard time with calories this week. This is weird for me; normally I have a hard time with working out! I'm seeing a change in my body, but not on the scale. I'm actually pretty upset with myself that I've lacked control so much this week. It's been 300-500 cals over 4 days. I know it won't kill me, it's still a deficit, etc., but I've been stuck for a while. I really want to see the low #220s like NOW, and it's not going to happen any time soon this way! UGH!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #60  

Height: 5'5"

221.2 official weigh-in. I know it's greedy, but I had wanted to drop some between Monday and today. But I am really happy about my Sunday to Monday drop, and I am consoling myself by believing i am banking my work for a future whoosh!

Peggy - that's an amazing reward. I can't wait to hear how you have crossed that amazing milestone.

Fatness - you are such a supportive presence. So good to have you here.

Enygirl - I think we all go through those bewildering times when things aren't working, and we're not sure why. You seem to be doing the right thing by sticking with it and working what's is working. I know you will find your way to where you want to be soon. In the meantime, Yay for calorie deficits and good exercise!

Very much hoping this is my last week here, but regardless of whether it's one more week or ten (but PLEASE don't let it be 10), I am privileged to associate with our little community here.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote