Old 10-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #76  

Height: 5'7"

Saturday eating was great for a weekend! Now if I can just repeat it today!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi relosers - four healthy days... I am so, so grateful. The dietician said weighing daily has been proven to help people lose weight and keep it off. This is very hard for me. It's my food/eating disordered mind wants that number to go down everyday. I know with time I should be able to just look at that number as information as time goes on. I hope that really does happen. I'll try it again. I'll end doing what's comfortable

We had fun yesterday. We watched college footdball in the neighbor's garage while all the kids played outside in the front yard riding bikes, scooters, playing basket ball, soccer etc. The children would go in the house and play in between. I didn't know this was going to happen. However, I had made a huge pot of healthy chilli - we brought that, carrots, apples, crackers. I had planned to make myself a taco salad (lettuce, litte bit of cheese, chilli, low fat sour cream. broken up taco shell) I was willing to bring my taco salad while everyone ate a bowl of hot chilli. I didn't eat any unplanned food. There was a huge spread of yummy looking unhealthy food. I snacked on apples. I am so grateful for the willingness.

Yesterday I planned & logged all the food I ate, had lots of water, did my stretches & strengthening exercises, read over my list of 'why and the advantages of my losing this weight etc. Always grateful for the willingness.

I am planning my day in the manner the dietician suggested. It seems to be helpful to have a bigger breakfast that I am used to having.

I hope you are all having a good weekend. As always, am grateful for your support.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 10-21-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #78  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

PEGGY ~ good luck!!!

dGramie ~ hope you had 2 good days in a row!

BEVERLYJOY ~ that was a great idea to bring the healthy chili et al to the football party; and glad it all helped you to keep on plan too!

Had a good weekend here; food was good; and got in my walking even though the weather was colder and chilly. Friday & Saturday, I felt very good; I was a bit stiff today but I pushed myself to finish the whole block anyways. I did it ... excuse me, while I cheer myself!

Hope you all have a great OP week coming up!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #79  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Hey everybody! It's been a very busy past few days so I'm just stopping in real quick to update. It's TOM for me so I didn't lose any weight this week, super annoying but oh well. I feel so stagnant right now so I know it's time for a change!

On the plus side, my husband ordered Insanity for us so hopefully that will kickstart my weight loss again! Also going to try some of the 30 Day Shred too!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #80  

Quick hello - I am doing well. I've had five really healthy days. I am very much trying to get back into the routine of healthful eating. It takes alot of energy to not eat!

My computer is being fixed and I may not have computer access for a few days... maybe I'll go to the library, if I have a chance.

Have a good week everyone. Remember to treat yourself as kindly as you would a good friend.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #81  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Well, I have been absent from this site for a while, the reason being I have been doing horrible. Just an all-out bingefest. But, I am trying to get back on track now, and I re-joined Weight Watchers on Saturday. I had been resisting WW because of the money, and because I have done it on my own before, but since that wasn't working I decided that the money was worth it, and I needed the help.

Beverly, I am very interested in what you had to say about the dietician and breakfast. What are you eating now for breakfast, if you don't mind me asking? I am not much of a breakfast eater, but maybe I should be.

Quote:
Have a good week everyone. Remember to treat yourself as kindly as you would a good friend.
That is great, and so true!

Well, I'm glad to be back. Congrats to everyone that is hanging in there and doing well.

Last edited by Judy Lynn; 10-22-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #82  

Hi Judylyn - my dietician is a big proponent of breakfast - she has me eating:
1 protein exchange
2 starch exchanges (dairy, grain or fruit)
1 fat exchange
any veggies I want

Actually, that has really helped me to not be hungry later on. I was eating lighter for breakfast and lunch and eating most of my food later in the day. I has made a difference to me. I was eating light toast with a little pnb and a few egg whites and other skimpy breakfasts. Her plan isn't 'written in stone' as they say. I can mix and match for the day my exchanges when necessary. I've decided to do what she has suggested with my daily plan as best I can until I see her in November.

It's been helpful to me because I was floundering and sinking fast with my food. It's given me a new focus. I am grateful.

I've always read that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. LOL Many folks say it's true.

I take a medication, synthroid, who's absorbtion is effected by calcuim, iron and fiber. So that has a big effect on my choices too. Keeping that in mind, my breakfasts:

-turkey sausage, whole grain toast with smartbalance margerine, half large apple
- veggie omlette, whole grain toast, banana
- pnb toast, apple
- open face chicken sandwich with lite mayo, 1/2 apple
- egg whites, ketchup, 2 lite bread peices of toast, margerine, 1/2 large apple.

I LOVE honeycrisp apples. I've been eating some every day.

All I know is that it has actually been helpful to me, so far, to eat a bigger breakfast.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 10-22-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Waving a quick howdy to everyone. Sounds like we are all staing on track. Yaaay us. I had a busy craft show weekend out of town, but I'm proud of myself that I took my food with me, and stayed pretty much on plan except for a peanut butter bar purchased while on an hour and 1/2 walk around the small town. Yesterday we did that awesome hike I mentioned before. Four hours up and down the hills. We were super lucky b/c Robert saw some of the wild horses off in the distance, so we walked to where they were. We found another small family group of 4 on the way---they suprised us and we them and all our eyes got big! We sat on the side of a hill and watched both of the horse families whiule we had our lunch. I have pictures and will see about posting some of them soon-ish. They are stillk on the camera and I'm just recuperating and starting to get ready for the next show in 2 weeks. Have a whole chicken roasting in the oven for dinner. And hamburgerless helper as a side dish. We have several boxes in the pantry that need to be eaten, so I try and fit them in occasionally. A good big salad for me and canned veg for Robert. No biscuits and honey dang it!

Here's to a great on plan week for us all. Stay strong and keep up the good work!

Barb

ETA-BeverlyJoy, can you explain to me the concept of an "exchange"? I've seen the term before, but not really sure how it works.

Last edited by angelskeep; 10-22-2012 at 08:02 PM.
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #84  

Angelskeep - Food exchanges are how the American Dietetic Association and the American Diabetic Association provide their food plans.

The exchange system breaks down foods into food groups and portions. Each exchange portion has similar carbohydrate, fat and protein content. You can exchange one food for another food in the same group and it will have the same effect on your blood glucose level. (and/or calories for a weight loss diet)

Basic done in food groups
protein/meats/meat substitutes
dairy
veggies
starches and starchy vegetables (bread, grain, potatos, corn, etc)
fruit
fats
'extras'

I have a guideline, from my dietician, of how many exchanges of each group I can eat during the day.

This is the exchange list from one website. Actually, the exchange list my dietician gave me has more options.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/publ...wt/fd_exch.htm

This should kind of explain it. It's like Richard Simmons Food Mover Exchange plan. If you are familiar to it.

I am not diabetic, so I can eat more carbs at one time than a diabetic person. I've done exchanges before. I have always loved it as a way to approach healthy eating.
(when I am willing to do it, of course )
Old 10-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #85  
Rosebud

BEVERLYJOY ~ I am also doing a calorie-portion plan as you know; and I started with the exchange plan in the beginning to make sure I had the portions/servings down right. I just know them so well now, that I just call it portions. GLad that it is helping you have more success this week.

back, JUDY-LYNN ~ glad you decided to come back and join us here ...

PINK ~ hope those Sanity and Shred programs help give you a boost. Hang in there, and keep going ...

WE had a nice day with some for a while too. Went to the doctors and he wants to run some tests on my abdomen; hope it's nothing serious. Eating went well, but ended up passing on my extra walk as we got home so late. Will do a bit more tomorrow instead to make up for that.

Have a great OP day tomorrow, everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-22-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #86  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Hello all. I have been MIA for a week due to being out of town. We went to Idaho Falls to see the King Tut exhibit. Got there and it was mostly replicates because it would cost too much on security and such. It was cool to see it and we did see jewlery and such that was real. We stayed in a Best Western that had a swimming pool and the kids loved it. We also walked around the Falls and saw the amazing Temple there. It was fun but I totally went off diet. I am only up a pound though which is good. I did avoid the ice cream store visit by staying in the hotel and reading while my husband took the kids. We had a great time.

Back on track- mostly. Had some banana bread with chocolate chips this morning. Had to make it because the bananas ripened up while we were gone. Chocolate is my downfall. I pretty much can eat anything covered in chocolate.

The weather is rainy today. It has been a while since we have had rain so it really feels like Fall. We may get snow tomorrow. That would be fun for the kids.

Well I hope you are all well. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #87  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Hi everyone,

I hope ya'll don't mind if I jump in. I was on this thread when it first started but backed away. Trying to get back on track after losing and then regaining has been difficult but I think that I am back in the groove. I am harder on myself than anyone else could be. I felt like I had to prove to myself that I could get back on track before contributing to this thread. Crazy, I know but......

I have lost 11 of the 40 pounds that I regained and have been refining my plan. The odd thing is that what worked when I originally lost 100 pounds did not work this time around. I had to start at a higher calorie range and work my way back down. I am paying more attention to my carb level this time and experimenting with that.

Beverlyjoy - Glad to hear that you are doing well. I always identify with you. I think that we have alot in common.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #88  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ just checkin' in tonight. Eating went well -- it was nice and for a while so I got my walk in during that time. Fasting for tests tomorrow am; no snacking tonight, just water.

Wecome back, CHERYL ~ glad that you feel that you have found your groove again; and congrats on relosing that 11 lbs too ...

FUNKY ~ glad you and your family had a nice vacation. Ahhh, chocolate -- I love it too. I try to stick to some real dark chocolate at Christmas and low-cal hot cocoa the rest of the time. You get snow early in Utah; didn't realize it was so similar to our weather. We had a light sprinkle mid-month that melted as soon as it hit the ground and we've had nothing more since.

Hope everyone out there is still hanging in there -- you don't have to be perfect to participate in this thread. We are here to support each other --during the peaks and valleys too ....

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-23-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Howdy everyone!

Funky-have you considered broccoli? Maybe that's what I need to do to like it...cover in chocolate. Or not! And I just noticed we are neighbors sort of. I'm in WY. In the summer, Idaho Falls is just the other side of Yellowstone. In the winter, it's like really really far.

BeverlyJoy-thanks for explaining. I knd of thought that's how it might be, but wasn't too sure.

W/B Cheryl-I think I remember you from before. Congrats on your choice to get back on board.

Gosh, stupid me stepped on the scales yesterday morning (weigh day isn't until Thursday) and it was up a pound or maybe even 2. It's not digital, so I have to try and count the ticks. I'm crossing my fingers that it is just fluid retention in my muscles from that big hike Sunday, plus maybe the total of 10 1/2 miles (YIKES!!!) that I did yesterday between an hour and 1/2 outside walking and another 6 miles of WATP. I only did an hour walk today outside and only 2 miles, so 1/2 what I did yesterday. I try to eat back most of the calories I use for exercise, but I'm not at that 1200 that MFP says I should be at. I always under-eat or over-exercise by about 200 calories a day. My pants are getting looser in that muscle on the top outside of the leg, just above the knee. And losing size again on the outside of the hip just below the waist. As usual...I think the middle is staying the same. I think my stomach is always the last thing to show any change, that and my face. I lost 50 lbs. before anyoje even noticed. I keep wondering if I am exercising too much. But I really like getting outside and even the WATP is good for my mental health. I haven't been back at this very long, so I'll see in a few more weeks what to adjust.

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. I am trying to stay awake and get some more work done, but the sandman is winning.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 AM   #90  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

I think I need to join this thread

I hit my goal of 180 in april of this year. By july, after spending the begainning of summer indulging in icecream, and more sweets then I care to remember, I hit 190 again, and maintained that until now. I'm currently back at 187-188 hoping to hit 180 again soon. I never stopped excerising, so hoping these few pounds won't be to difficult to get off...

Cheryl- Congrats on losing that 11 pounds. Sounds like your hitting your stride again. Keep up the amazing work

Barb- Sounds like you had a busy and exciting weekend. And my stomache is always the last to go as well...I think the last 10 pounds I lost before I regained, came solely from that area
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote