Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 11:10 PM   #16  

I was going to go to my fathers house for easter but that has now changed. It looks like my grandparents will be comming to our house over that weekend. Then I just found out that my husband might be able to come home for that weekend as well. (sounds kinda mean, but I hope he won't be able to. I'm just sick of the long road trips and it makes the kids a pain to be around!) So it looks like a horribly stressfull weekend. I just don't look forward to it. I don't mind my grandparents coming, but with them and my husband and having to go back to the post on Sunday afternoon, it just makes for a LONG weekend!

Joy, just what I need!

Bella23

I do wish everyone else a great easter!
Old 04-14-2003, 11:37 PM   #17  

Dh and I will be leaving Saturday to get to dd's in time for birthday party for 7 yr old dgd. Easter morning we'll go to Mass to hear her sing in children's choir. Then ds and ddil will join us for dinner, also nephew and family. Very little Easter prep here but of course will help dd with whatever. Was doing well about Easter candy until I bought some jelly beans this week. DD will have lots of chocolate but dh can no longer eat that so I probably won't either. What I want (and I know dd won't have) is a homemade peanut butter egg. I've been passing them up and now probably won't be able to find one. Thought of buying one to freeze until Easter but knew I probably couldn't trust me to let it stay frozen long enough.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:13 PM   #18  
missaprylj

Ahh!! Easter is the craziest candy time of the year! Well.... I (regretably) gave up chocolate for Lent along with pizza and soda. So, of course.... what do we do? Decide to have a chocolate party on Easter Sunday... with pop. Yaaaaaaay. So, I'm not sure what to do. I think I'm going to take it easy the next couple of days for sure. Ahh... eek. Peace. --Apryl--

Old 04-15-2003, 11:20 PM   #19  

So sorry, Bella, that things are so distressful for you right now. I would probably be a basket case in your situation with all the uncertainty. I've been hoping that with things looking somewhat better maybe your dh will not be needed. I know you just went through a similar hard time last year. It seems like dh was only home for a couple of months. Doesn't seem right he and your family should be so disrupted so soon again.

Hang in. You showed tremendous strength and motivation last year. I'm sure you still have it in you - it's just so tough sometimes. And it sounds like people are still expecting a lot of you when maybe you just need someone to lean on once in a while. Take care.

Last edited by anagram; 04-15-2003 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:08 PM   #20  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Well, ladies (and Matt and Si)....I resigned my teaching position today. I just couldn't do it anymore. It was wreaking havoc on my mental health. I had originally written a letter of resignation back in October, so I'm amazed I stuck it out this long.

It was a hard decision to make.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:28 PM   #21  

Jennelle, Good luck with your new journey!

Bella23
Old 04-16-2003, 10:49 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

wow jennelle! now you can't call it "teacher fat" anymore! aah!

so what do you *want* to do with your life, now that you are free?
Old 04-16-2003, 11:40 PM   #23  

Actually, Holly, I still want to teach. It's not what I do, it's what I AM, if that makes any sense. I just need to teach in a school district that's not f-ed up from the top down, where children are expected to exhibit personal responsibility and suffer the consequences when they don't. I just got tired of breaking up fistfights and having the office tell them "next time, you'll get suspended" and then when "next time" rolled around, they got another "next time" ad naseum.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:56 AM   #24  

Jennelle, I hope you find the perfect job soon! I am proud of you for sticking up for a better situation - that must have been a hard decision to make.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:41 PM   #25  
JML
Success Story!!!

Jennelle -- Such courage! I hope you find a good situation soon.

As for me, I am happy tonight. Things have been so tense at home for years, and particularly the past few weeks -- the stress has been just about unbearable. I have made a decision that I am going to move out this summer. I have to sit and figure out the finances and find a place I can afford. I'll be working a little more during the summer and into the fall as well, which will help. I've come to the conclusion that the stress from living with my parents and siblings is keeping my body from healing -- the back, the knees, the arms. My body is tense whenever I am home or thinking about home. It's time. I just have to work out the details. And -- the next 2 weeks, I will be house sitting for some friends! Relief! For 2 weeks!
Old 04-19-2003, 10:25 AM   #26  

Jeanne - your so right about the negative energy being a big part of you not healing. I am willing to be you will see noticable pain relief after just a few days of house-sitting.

Good for you!
Closed Thread