Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 12:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Paying for Pounds

I saw this on another 3FC forum, and I liked it a lot. The poster and a friend don't attend Weight Watcher meetings, but they put the money they would have spent going to a WW meeting into a jar each week before they weigh in. When they reach their goal weights, then they get to spend the money.

I need the support of going to meetings so I plan to continue paying WW that money, but I think it's a great idea for people who don't want to attend meetings. I don't want to even think of how much money I'd have in that jar before I hit my goal weight!

I'd put it in a money market account, though, to get the interest.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:14 AM   #2  

This is actually a fascinating idea!
I may work this into our family budget.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:33 PM   #3  
missaprylj

That is a GREAT idea. Even if it was just a dollar or something.... that would add up!!!!

Old 04-15-2003, 02:35 AM   #4  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

my hubby allots me $1 per pound lost, plus other big rewards for big losses, a shopping trip at 30# so on, all the way down to pretty much whatever I want when i reach goal.... before I started TOPS, I was using the money for books at our used book store, but now, I save it for my "mad money" change for challenges, water at meetings, so on...
Closed Thread