Old 09-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #1  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Default ReGainers ReLosing September ~ Get it off again!

This is a thread for support and encouragement for all of us who find we have regained some of the weight we worked so hard to lose the first time.

We did it once we can do it again!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #2  

This wasn't one of my best days. I ate more than I intended mostly because its TOM and I felt tired and grumpy.

Mon Sept 3
Breakfast Latte
Chickfila 8 nuggets, fries, ketchup, honey mustard sauce
2 choc macaroons
Dixie Cafe's 1.5 Lemon pepper grilled catfish, 2 hush puppies, corn, roll w/ honey
8? macaroons

Hubby is very allergic to seafood so the only fish we can eat is catfish, which we both enjoy. Dixie sells a catfish feast of 3 fillets, hush puppies and 2 sides of our choice, so we usually split this.

No workout today but we did a lot of walking around window shopping. We found a dresser at Big Lots that we plan on buying for me, and a rug at Garden Ridge for beside the bed {we have hardwoods}. While at Garden Ridge I found Biggest Loser and JM workout dvds for $6 some of the newer titles.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 09-04-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #3  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone Penguin, thanks for starting a new thread. They sure have been moving quickly lately!

I cleaned like a demon all weekend and got almost everything on my list finished. Tonight I'll pick up groceries on my way home from work then vacuum the basement and I'm done! With the craziness of getting the kids ready to go back to college over the last month or so I haven't done a really deep clean so it was really overdue. Nice to have the checked off the to-do list!

Food choices have been good and I've been serving myself dinner then putting the rest away and doing the dishes before I sit down to eat. Taking away the temptation to pick at leftovers really seems to be helping keep portions in check. I am finding it hard to keep up the motivation to cook for one, but I'm not going to eat junk for dinner because it's "easier".

I hope everyone has a great, OP day!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #4  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Mahtha You should cook for the week, then should pull it out. Awesome idea on putting food away after serving up. I wish I could do that with Sunday family dinner. I just pick and pick and always eat too much.

Oh did I fall off the wagon. I am embarrassed to admit how much. Pizza, whopper, cheesecake, cookies, you name it. I have eaten like I used to, like when I was at my heaviest and I didn't even feel full. The guilt was there but I Just got in mind that I had messed up already what did it matter. Not the healthy way to think. Does anyone else do this?

I am back on it today and not a good start. Had cookies already today, finished them in fact. I am a mess. I was doing so good now I am lost.

Went shopping yesterday and bought lots of fresh fruit. I am going to eat that today to make up for finishing the cookies from this morning. It seems like a new start every day lately. Wish me luck on getting back on track. Have a great day. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #5  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Funky, I have done that many, many times. Too many to count, which is a large part of the reason I regained so much. The important thing is that you know you're doing it, and you can put a stop to it and get back on track. It's harder once you've got the sugar and carbs in your system, but you can draw the line and minimize the damage.

I saw my internist this morning and of course burst into tears in her office. So embarrassing. She's very cool, though, so it was okay. She gave me a 30-day sample of a new antidepressant to try which isn't supposed to make me gain weight, so we'll see. I will await the results of my iron test now, and tomorrow I get my CT scan results. I feel really old!

Through this whole mess I have managed not to stress-eat at all, though, so at least that's something. At the moment my diet feels like the only thing I *can* control. I'm on day 8 of my Whole 30 and it's going okay. Harder today since TOM has arrived right on schedule, but I'll be fine in a few days.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #6  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

thistooway to go on the no stress eating! You are going through a lot right now and staying strong... I like.. stub my toe and figure that's agood reason to stress eat. Things will get better ! Have you tried many natural antidepressants? even to go along with the prescription ones?

Im doing good this week. Have a lot of stress with the sick puppy. We have to give her pills every few hours and they arn't sure if she will make it. it breaks my heart... she def has parvo.. and there's not a high percentage of surviving it. so far so good though. She's at least not getting worse as of now.

I must end this post on a good note! Im down 3 pounds since my friday night splurge... and must remind myself to stop with the once a week gorging! it doesn't work for me! hehe Anyway..... have a great day everyone
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #7  

I did 30min of HIIT then 35min of weights: Chest and Back.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #8  

Overall a pretty good day

Tues, Sept 4

2 c milk, aprin {woke up with a headache}

4 slices chicken lunchmeat, 1 cheese, sweet chili sauce, leftover roll from Dixie Cafe, apple

HUGE serving of homemade lasagna {onion, green/red peppers, zuc, carrots, tomato, spinach, cottage cheese, mozzarella, romano, egg noodles, tomato sauce, herbs, tomato sauce and sausage} + 1/2 roll from Dixie

8 Danish Wedding cookies

30min HIIT cardio, 35min weights Chest and Back

MM, congrats on the 3 lbs. Hope puppy is better.

Caroline, hope the new meds help

Funky, Uh, Yes. I do that too "what does it matter?" is my personal phrase. Put the past behind you and start fresh as soon as you can. I've actually enjoyed eating apples as a snack recently. I found some called Envy from New Z which are really good.

Sue, good job on your cleaning. I'm trying to be neater, and be a better, more organized person.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 09-04-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Didn't do very well over the weekend, not horrible, but not what I should have been eating... I started eating better again today and got back on track and even tried the new turbo kick class at my gym...
Hopefully this will be a better week, but I have been in a really weird/sad mood lately!
Jessica88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #10  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

I want to go to the gym this evening, but I'm scared. Of, of all things, the fact that my street is over-populated with gyppy kids around this time
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #11  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Between major stress and pending TOM I am slowly inching back up. I have regained 6 pounds since July 23. I am beyond frustrated with life in general I feel like I have no control over anything at this time.
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #12  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallSteps View Post
Between major stress and pending TOM I am slowly inching back up. I have regained 6 pounds since July 23. I am beyond frustrated with life in general I feel like I have no control over anything at this time.

If you're comfortable sharing, what's your stress about? Perhaps the collective wisdom of the 100lb-club can help you.

It really sounds like you're having a tough time. I hope you can keep going.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #13  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

another for smallsteps...

I had a pretty off-plan holiday, but I don't think I did any permanent damage. Did a LOT of cleaning that needed to be done around the house, NO workouts (ack!), and had some good family time.

Last night master's swimming started up again, so I am going to be happier for a coach flogging me around the pool - I swim much better that way, and maybe this year I'll learn butterfly.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #14  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Thistoo. Hope CT comes out. Stress eating is terrible. It always seems an excuse for me and that I am out of control. That makes more stress. What is the name of this new medication? I am interested. I hope it works fast.

Mountain mama I hope the puppy is doing better. I know what a killer it is to lose a pet. Especially one so young. My mother in law said that you can not get another one for some years because the virus stays in the house. Is that true?

I stayed on the fruit kick all day yesterday trying to cut the calories of the cookies from yesterday. Hope to get back on track. Have a great OP day. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #15  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoseToAll View Post
ThistooWhat is the name of this new medication?
I'm on Viibryd, which is a dumb name for Vilazodone HCl. It's a member of the SSRI class, but it's not a reformulating of any of the old drugs. Allegedly this one's new and has fewer of the annoying side effects of SSRIs. Time will tell.

I saw my surgeon this morning and the news wasn't great. Apparently there's some blockage going still and he wants to do a sinuplasty and straighten my deviation at the same time. So I'll be having surgery at the end of October (I pushed it out a little so I can save up some more vacation time.)

If I don't do it I'm just going to keep getting severe nosebleeds, though, so I'd just as soon get it over with. I can live with never going through this mess again. Another plus to getting it over with is that I can stop talking about my sinuses all the time!

Calluna, your swimming program sounds great! I lost my first 30 pounds swimming and I miss it. I'm not that good at it, but it was a great workout when I had access to a pool.

Jessica, I can sympathize. I've been feeling pretty down lately too. I hope you figure out a way to get past it soon. Exercise certainly helps, but making ourselves do it when we don't feel like it is the trick. Good for you for trying a new class.

Last edited by thistoo; 09-05-2012 at 12:45 PM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote