Old 09-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #46  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
Maybe not starting right at the beginning of TOM will make it easier this time, but I can't keep blaming hormones for my lack of self-control.
I found I've been blaming hormones also. TOM comes and its always a good reason to eat whatever I want .
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #47  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
TOM comes and its always a good reason to eat whatever I want .
Right?! I always tell myself 'well, I'm not getting on the scale anyway, so I can eat this and it won't count!' Not the way it works, sadly.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Caroline and Penguin So nice to see you both again!

Funky Yes, mostly work-related. I am self-employed and also work outside the home. I also moved and changed jobs shortly after I lost all the weight, and then bam, bam, a couple of major family crises in a row. Four kids, lots of expenses due to kids in college, so I didn't feel as if I could cut back on anything. But such a toxic situation for me personally that I gained back close to 70 lbs in under six months. Fortunately, all of the hard work was worth it as I've been able to cut back on work hours and create a more flexible schedule, and for the first time in two years, I feel like my life is back on an even keel. Honestly, I couldn't have picked a WORSE time to bring so much upheaval into my life. I think if I had not moved, changed jobs, changed schedules, etc. I had an excellent shot at maintaining. My plan is to lose the weight again, but not try to get quite as low as I did last time. If I can just get back in the groove, I really think it will work for me this time.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #49  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Back, UBERGIRL ~ So glad to have you rejoin us, esp since you were the one who started these REGAINER'S RELOSING threads in the first place. We all have stress in our lives; and it is imperative that we find ways to lessen it & manage it better, so we can take better care of ourselves too.

I think FLEXIBILITY is so very important in this WL journey; it is a key strategy that can help us in so many ways, esp for the long-term. Flexibility in what we eat and how we live; plus in how we deal with stress and our emotions too.

I was thinking that I may share with you all what I eat each day so that you can see how flexible I am with what I eat. I really believe this is why am able to stick to my plan so well, and for so long. I have been at this "last" long-term journey since the winter of 2004-2005; I discoverd this site late 2006 & joined January 2007, so that I could find out how to maintain my loss up until that time, find some support, and also continue on.

At first, I just floated; meaning, I didn't lose anything, but slowly as I developed techniques and strategies to deal with stress & emotions, and tweaked my plan -- I started to lose again. At first, I kept bouncing around with the same 12 lbs of water-weight, but that finally left. As you can see, this has taken awhile, but it is also the longest I have kept the weight off too.

DH & I were talking about this at lunch. I can see myself eating & living this way for the rest of my life for sure. I enjoy what I'm eating and only do what exercise/activities that I enjoy too. This is so important ladies ...

Today's Planned Menu ... / means done

BF -- medium wg bagel/PB + coffee = 400 /
MS -- medium banana + coffee = 110 /
LN -- tstd tuna-tomato sandwich + 3 celery/chz boats = 400 /
AS -- small apple + 8 UNsalted almonds + coffee = 110 /
BD -- chocolate popsicle = 60 /
DN -- baked sole + 5 tators + coleslaw = 495* /
ES -- drink = 10 /
TTL -- 1585 calories /

NOTE: *I went back to my original menu of fish for Saturday nights. My menu is flexible that way: I often switch up chicken or fish meals.

FRIDAY's Menu ... /
BF -- eggmuffin/chz/k + 2coffees = 280
MS -- medium banana + coffee = 110
LN -- tstd tuna-tomato sandwich = 360
AS -- small apple + 8 UNsalted almonds = 100
DN -- 2 lean patties on split wg bun w/tomato/m/O/rel + NF chz/30 = 600
ES -- coffee + slice chz/60 = 70
TTL -- about 1520 cals /

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-10-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/135

Height: 5'6

Labor day weekend messed me up. I was doing so well up until then. I went home for the weekend and my mom had bought all of this really good bread. So I gave in. They live about 70 miles south of Napa, CA so we went up there to go wine tasting too.

After that weekend I was back up around 161! Yikes. But by Thursday I had flushed it out and was at 158.1. I'm happy about that.

Since Thursday I've been staying on plan pretty well. Last night I had a few glasses of wine though... I hope that doesn't hurt me too much. I'm going to try to do really well though this weekend. I want a good weigh in on Monday.

For me, it actually helps to set goals for myself for the month (like, how many days that month I'm aiming to stay under my cals, and how many workouts I want to do) and then to write those goals down on a piece of paper and track everything, every day. I use MyFitnessPal too but there's something about physically writing it down that makes me feel more accountable.
slicedbreadbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #51  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

SLICEBREADBOX ~ I have a running file on my PC that I put my planned menus for the week; I agree, writing it down is so very helpful. Congrats on the loss too ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #52  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi, uber!! Great to see you again.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
Back, UBERGIRL ~ We all have stress in our lives; and it is imperative that we find ways to lessen it & manage it better, so we can take better care of ourselves too.

I think FLEXIBILITY is so very important in this WL journey; it is a key strategy that can help us in so many ways, esp for the long-term. Flexibility in what we eat and how we live; plus in how we deal with stress and our emotions too.
So true. One thing I learned the hard way is that I simply can't function at a certain level of busyness. If I want to live well, I'm going to have to make choices that allow me to do so.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #54  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Hey all!

Been busy these past few days and havn't been able to sign in!

Anyway... I need to second everyone on here talking about flexibility on here! The first time i lost weight, i was over the stop and well crazy about it all. Obviously, that wouldn't work in the long run, and in real life...

The time around, the going is slower.. but i also have a life, take care of my child ( and Fiance... haha) and have a special bite to eat now and again, and dont beat myself up about it! I just do my best not to turn it into a downward spiral of gorging on everything in site when i step off plan for a moment. i have a LONG" way to go.. but this time, im focusing on finding balance
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:16 AM   #55  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys.. Had a rough few days. Weed wacked my ankle and hit the vein there and it was not pleasent. Didn't feel like doing anything for days because it hurt so bad. My poor son was the only one home when I did it. (He's only 4) I was so proud when he ran and got my cell phone and tried to call 911 to get me help. Back to normal now and feeling better. Hope everyone has been having a great weekend. I work Fri Sat and Sun so one more day for me and then Im off.. yay..
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #56  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Angie, sorry about your ankle! That sounds painful. And your poor little boy, he must have been so scared! I'm glad you're doing better.

My weight is sloooowly creeping back down. Stupid TOM. Hopefully by Tuesday everything will be back to normal and I can actually start losing again.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #57  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Angie, Im impressed that the little guy knew to get your phone and try to call. Good for him, and to you for teaching him so well. Hope the ankle feels better and heals quickly.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #58  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Quick check-in then back to nursing school homework. Very busy with school, but I managed to stay on plan! I am finding that I really have to plan what I eat and when I exercise. It has paid off though as I am down to 225.2 this morning.

Have a great week everyone!
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #59  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Angie, hope the ankle gets better quickly.

I posted in another thread - the whole family is sick now, not just #2 son. I'm trying hard to keep it in my head and not allow it to get into my lungs, but we'll see what happens. #1 son and I are more active than the other two and neither of us has it quite as badly yet.

233 today.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #60  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

angie!So sorry about your ankle----but so proud of your son! I hope you recoup quickly!

calluna i understand all about being sick.. been fighting mine for a couple weeks now. My son and I both have it... and hopefully DF doesn't get it from us!

im doing ok this morning... kind of staying put weight wise over the weekend... happy i'm not going up at least! Back to the grind 'hardcore' tomorrow!!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote