Old 09-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #16  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

losetoallyeah, the virus will stay on the yard and whatnot for years apparently. You can place cement and hard surfaces but everywhere else will still carry it. She is currently drinking pedialite and acting a bit more lively. i don't want to get my hopes up because i know there's a small chance of survival... but she's a trooper. We saved her from death when she was first born as well.

thistoosorry about the not so exciting results of your tests. Hopefully after this next surgery, things will get better for you! big hugs@
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #17  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsa chip View Post

If you're comfortable sharing, what's your stress about? Perhaps the collective wisdom of the 100lb-club can help you.

It really sounds like you're having a tough time. I hope you can keep going.
Salsa I am in the process of a separation/divorce. My husband is currently living in the den in our home while he gets packed and saves enough money to get out and get his own place.

The stress of dealing with him on a daily basis, and him being in denial and trying to "fix" our relationship has sent me over the edge. I am a stress, comfort eater. I eat when I am stressed out and I eat for comfort so needless to say I have been shoveling so much food in my face the past 6 weeks it is scary!

I have lost total control, I want to stop but I can't stop. It is an extremely scary place in my mind and world these days
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Thanks thistoo hopefully everything will blow away for both of us pretty soon

I am super sore from my class last night, but I love it! Can't wait to go to the gym again tonight and relieve some stress!
Jessica88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #19  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

LADIES ~ here's a TIP: for all of us who play that mind game with ourselves saying, "What does it matter?" You need to start answering that with a resounding -- "IT DOES MATTER -- and it matters a lot!"

It matters becuz 1) eating 500 over is better than eating 1500 over. 2) you will rebound sooner. 3) YOU matter. 4) your health matters. 5) your success matters.

This is the strategy I used for those self-sabotaging thoughts. Now, it takes practice but after awhile, you will answer yourself back automatically. Meanwhile, keep going; and now you are prepared ahead of time ...

MM ~ sorry about your puppy; hope she gets better ...

CAROLINE ~ yes, maybe it is better to get it all fixed up now.

Smallsteps ~ I am sorry to hear you & your DH are going through this; no doubt, this is painful for both of you. Have you considered counselling since your DH seems to want to work things out? Is control an issue in your marriage too? Maybe a counsellor could get through to your DH about that for you. There's nothing worse than feeling like you are a bird in a guilded cage with no say about your life. I've been there; and we worked it out. Let's just say this birdie flew the coupe, so2speak! Actually, I just threatened to unless some major changes took place immediately. Funny, how marriage can unwittingly turn into a trap like that. I opened the door, got out of the cage, and now fly free however & whenever I need to, like it should be (it was that way in the beginning). I took back control of my life, and saved the marriage at the same time; it can be done if both partners work at it.

STRESS ~ we all have stress of some kind in our lives; and there are many ways we can help that without turning to food. We have to stop making excuses and giving ourselves permission to eat for the wrong reasons. As soon as you find yourself heading to the kitchen, do an about face and go somewhere else -- anywhere else. If you have to, put a sign message on your fridge or cubby like -- "Are you really hungry?" I have a magnet on my fridge that says, "I went on a diet for a month and lost 30 days!" Humor can work wonders ...

Try coming on here; or go outdoors for a walk; or read a book; or do some "fun" exercise that you like, etc. Make yourself a little haven in a spare room or basement where you put your PC and some music, etc. Somewhere quiet that you can get away to by yourself.

As for exercise, try many things until you find 1 or 2 things that you either love, like, or at least, don't hate -- you are more apt to do it more often that way. If shoes are your issue, put them on as soon as you get up in the AM. Find strategies to get around the excuses. Understand ladies, that I don't mean to sound harsh at all -- I'm just being honest, becuz I am sharing how I dealt with myself on all of these very same issues. I find it fascinating just how alike we are in these matters ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-05-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #20  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
Smallsteps ~ I am sorry to hear you & your DH are going through this; no doubt, this is painful for both of you. Have you considered counselling since your DH seems to want to work things out?
I have no desire to work it out or fix it. I want to move forward and get on with my life and he wants to try to pull me back in and make me feel guilty because I no longer love him.

I get a little stronger everyday but some days like today I feel like just sitting in a ball crying (DAMN PENDING TOM!!!)
Old 09-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #21  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
[B]If you have to, put a sign message on your fridge or cubby like -- "Are you really hungry?" I have a magnet on my fridge that says, "I went on a diet for a month and lost 30 days!" Humor can work wonders ...
I have pictures of myself at a lower weight on my fridge, but my weight in the pictures isn't the important thing for me. In those particular pictures I look *happy*, so I keep them there to remind myself of how good it felt to feel good about myself. Just another tactic to help battle stress eating.

It sounds like we're all going through some pretty stressful stuff right now. I think a big is in order! Things will turn around for all of us soon. I have to say that I feel better already just for having taken some action toward getting my head back on straight.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #22  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
It sounds like we're all going through some pretty stressful stuff right now. I think a big is in order! Things will turn around for all of us soon. I have to say that I feel better already just for having taken some action toward getting my head back on straight.

I think we need lots of theses
Old 09-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #23  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Good day

Wed Sept 5

Breakfast Latte

pecan bar + 3 choc chip cookes, 1/2 slice braunschweiger, miracle whip, 1 slice homemade onion bread, 1/2 apple

2 bean, veggie, chesse tacos, 2 ices coffee, 2 more cookies

1/2 apple + PB

37min cardio + 34min weights: shoulders, calves, core

Smallsteps. sorry to hear about the marriage and added stress.

I am so tired and so happy its bedtime!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #24  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Well yesterday I didn't get to the gym, but realised I was feeling knackered. So I took some herbal sleepy stuff, went to bed ridiculously early, and woke up all refreshed a healthy number of hours later...at 3:30am

So today I've had a nice early start, complete with a decent breakfast - Eating Well [x]

I've also made my lunch for today (long day at work), together with two juicy plums for breaktime.

This evening I'm going bellydancing!

For anyone who remembers: last school year my job was really stressful. Now I'm in a new job, which so far (SO FAR hehe, I don't want to speak too soon) is going better. It makes so much difference to the stress levels and being aware of the necessity of looking after yourself!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #25  

The weight loss is going much slower this time but at least it is still dropping. One of my friends is exercising with me a couple days each week. I just need to find motivation to work out on the days she can't!

But why, every time the weight starts to drop do I get bronchitis???? It stinks to have to rest when I need to be exercising!!!
Muggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #26  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

SmallSteps You're in an incredibly painful place right now, kudos for even trying to stay OP. Is there an end in sight for co-habitating? Having done that for about 6 months it's a stressor I don't wish on anyone. That said, life on the other side is amazing. I wish you strength on your journey.

Caroline, I'm sorry to hear you need surgery after all, but looking forward to your posts about being pain free and being able to exercise as you please.

Salsa, Muggles, Penguin, Rosebud, Jessica, Mountain Mama, CONGRATULATIONS for all the great OP days and especially the exercise! I'm still plugging along and and have finally lost the vacation weight plus a couple. I am finding it much easier to stay OP not having to take everyone else's dinner preferences into account when I cook. I have to wrap up a couple of projects and get back to walking at lunchtime. I really do miss it so I welcome the cooler weather that makes it so much more pleasant.

I hope everyone has a great, OP day!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #27  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post

Smallsteps. sorry to hear about the marriage and added stress.
Thank you patchworkpenguin
Old 09-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #28  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtha View Post

SmallSteps You're in an incredibly painful place right now, kudos for even trying to stay OP. Is there an end in sight for co-habitating? Having done that for about 6 months it's a stressor I don't wish on anyone. That said, life on the other side is amazing. I wish you strength on your journey.
Thank you for the words of encouragement mahtha. The co-habitating is probably going to continue until at least the end of November I am hoping for sooner but he doesn't seem to be in a hurry and seems to enjoy making me uncomfortable.

Life on the other side is and will be amazing. I am looking forward to being able to get it started.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #29  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Thistoo. I am excited about your surgery. Finally your problem will be fixed. You are amazing to plan ahead for the vacation time and the money. You would not want another ER bill. You are really amazing I would not had the patience to wait especially since it has slowed down the progress of your life. You are amazing to be so patient. I would have given up and forced the movement to the surgery. I am so impatient to be proactive not alway to beat trait.

Small steps. I know you are in a terrible place but you can do this!!! Be more focuses on yourself. You can control the eating and exercise and you can avoid him with it. Maybe you could be looking for an apt for him. Get it in the works. Just a thought onthis to get rid of his denial. Giving him money to get out is out of the question? It would be in my type of finances. You can do this just until Nov. that is all and we ahearers for you.

I have realized that alot of my eating is anxiety driven. I took some anxiety medicine and it has helped today. I should do it every day but I do not want to be hooked on it as a crutch. And the Dr warned me of it but I am in such a binge fest right now I have to stop the downward spiral. Once I get under control I will go off again.

Salsa. What did you do at 3:30 in the morning. Did you get up and clean or something? Congrats on the healthy food choices and the weight loss. You are a trooper. Hope those lunchtime walks are going good.

Well hope all is well. Have a great OP day. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #30  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello group just wanted to jump in a say a quick hello. No time to really chat today I have classes and between that kids and work I have been sooo tired. I have been on plan though and I had a good week so far. I havent WI in a couple of days but plan to later today.
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote