3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Two-teens into Onederland - So close you could scream (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/264856-two-teens-into-onederland-so-close-you-could-scream.html)

epicskyline 09-04-2012 02:37 PM

Goddess Jessica - Would you mind telling me how much it costs for your trainer? I am considering that, but I don't know if I'll have the money left over. I'd be really interested in hearing how it works out for you.

Goddess Jessica 09-06-2012 12:25 PM

Not at all!

This trainer is running an introductory special of $199/month for 3 times a week. She's brand new to the area so this is an INSANE bargain. The YMCA (where I am a member) charges $43/session.

I had to postpone my start date because my grandmother passed away and I am flying out of town but I will keep you informed as soon as I start!

epicskyline 09-06-2012 06:15 PM

I am so sorry about your grandmother.

Thank you for the information! I hope that it gets you good results.

defenestrator 09-07-2012 09:29 PM

I just started working with a trainer as well to help me get ready for my half-marathon, which is in 6 (eek!) weeks.

I pay $300 for 10 half-hour sessions. This is a pretty good price. I do a new workout every Wednesday with the trainer and then repeat it on my own on Mondays and Fridays. Mostly body-weight strength training. Hey, there's one advantage to being heavy :)

I'm working out a lot lately, but not being as disciplined with my eating as I should be. Next week I'm going to do an 11 day low-calorie diet and try to get off a few pounds to prep for the race. I do this about once a quarter and it helps me to shake out of my plateaus, but it is definitely not sustainable for me.

The working out has really been making me feel stronger lately. It also feels good to be achieving something tangible if the weight loss is slow.

Strawberry Blond 09-10-2012 09:43 AM

Jessica and defenestrator - those sound like amazing programs! I signed up for my first-ever exercise class, it is beginning Pilates, for 12 weeks ($55 for the entire program). I am sort of nervous. I imagine I will be the only "big person" in class, but I hope I stick with it.

214 this morning.

defenestrator 09-10-2012 05:35 PM

Strawberry -- don't worry about being bigger than everyone else in the class. My experience has been that either nobody cares or that it becomes a point of pride, a la , "I just did 20 pushups and the person next to me who weighs 100 less couldn't do it." Have fun!

Strawberry Blond 09-12-2012 02:33 PM

Thank you, defenestrator! You gave me a real boost of confidence.

shishkeberry 09-13-2012 10:55 PM

I'm finally in the two-teens! I got here once back in June, but unfortunately it was short lived. It took me all this time to get back. But I'm pretty sure I'm here to stay. I hit 216 this morning and I never want to see the 220's ever again. Onederland has never felt so close. I haven't weighed this little since high school. I'm fatter now, though. Having kids will do that to you. I'm so happy to be here!

Strawberry Blond 09-14-2012 11:50 AM

Welcome, shishkeberry!! Glad you are here!

NoSuchUser 09-14-2012 11:01 PM

I am 201.1, that was my weight this morning. I am so so close and it has been so long since I was in onederland. 10 years.

I'm actually scared that this is it, & I will never break through to 199. I'm so close but I'm not excited, I'm kinda scared!

Thedollylala 09-15-2012 07:26 AM

Ahhh! I'm at 200.8 this morning so close so so close!!!

shishkeberry 09-15-2012 09:24 AM

Oh no, I had too much sausage yesterday and I had a gain of a pound this morning. But you know what? I'm still pretty darn pleased with 216.2. I can't believe I'm so close to onederland. I never really believed that I could do this when I first started last spring.

Thedollylala 09-16-2012 10:30 AM

200.6 omg it's so close lol

epicskyline 09-16-2012 11:25 AM

My scale said 199.4 this morning! I don't count it as official until I get that number at my Weight Watchers meeting, but that's still really amazing! I'm so excited!

NoSuchUser 09-16-2012 12:39 PM

200.1 this morning. Wow. One year ago I wouldn't have believed I would be here! I probably won't hit it tomorrow because it's my wedding anniversary & we are going out to a nice French restaurant on the strip (Las Vegas)... & I'm giving myself permission to taste & enjoy! No, nothing tastes as good as weight loss feels, but this is a special occasion and I have been looking forward to it!