3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Just complaining about "Cleansing Phase" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/26480-just-complaining-about-cleansing-phase.html)

karilyn1982 04-08-2003 11:14 PM

Just complaining about "Cleansing Phase"

I went on Monday to the Medical Weight Loss Clinic to start my program. They said that I would have to do a Three Day Cleansing.

For breakfast in the morning for three days, I can have 1 - 2 eggs & 1 Orange

For lunch on the three days, I can have all the red meat and salad that I want.

For an in between snack, I can have an orange.

For dinner on the three days, I can have all the red meat and salad that I like.

Well - needless to say I am going CRAZY on this three day cleansing!!! I cannot wait for tomorrow to be OVER with so I can start my "Regular" diet. Whatever that will be.

Tomorrow I go for a class, and they will tell me about the specific program I am to follow. Hopefully it has more variety than this cleansing diet!

I just feel so tired, cranky, and hungry! (Must be having sugar/carbs withdrawls!) lol.

One more day - I know I can do it - it is just so hard!

Anyways - thanks for letting me complain - just needed to get that all out lol ;)

~ Kari ~

muelledk 04-08-2003 11:22 PM

I am just impressed that you could spend three days like that. I don't think I could do it.
I hope that you like your "diet" better!

ShrinkingPat 04-09-2003 02:16 PM

You probably are having sugar/carb withdrawls but think about how great it will be to have a "clean system." :)

gonzostar 04-09-2003 02:29 PM

hmm, that sounds interesting. and not THAT bad, as far as cleaning goes.

at least it's not the diet with the tuna and beets! i did that one... ew.

Charbar 04-09-2003 02:35 PM

red meat and orange.. sounds like a dream to me! but where's the chocolate???? :lol:

how are you feeling today?

karilyn1982 04-09-2003 07:06 PM

Great Day!!

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Last night was horrible - I wanted something sweet SOOO bad, but I resisted, and you know what? I feel WONDERFUL today!

Today is the third day of cleansing (and my last). I just got back from the Medical Weight Loss Clinic, and my diet class.

My starting weight for the program was 304 lbs. Today I weighed in at 300 lbs exactly! :) :) :)

I am so happy today! I know most of the loss at first is water, but I still cannot help but be happy about it - it's a start! :)

Now I have to go to the clinic 5 days a week for the first 2 weeks, then 3 days a week after the two weeks. :)

Thanks again for all of the replies, you are all wonderful! :D

~ Kari ~

Jennelle 04-09-2003 07:19 PM

kari - woo hoo! :bravo: A loss is a loss...take it any way you can get it :D

mthrgoos68 04-09-2003 09:33 PM

Kari,

You should definitely be happy with the loss!! It all counts and you worked hard for it!!

SuchAPrettyFace 04-09-2003 10:02 PM

Congrats on your loss!! :) I'm looking forward to hearing about your new plan, be sure & post tomorrow to let us know.

Charbar 04-09-2003 10:24 PM

Way to go Kari - now you are a big loser.. Just like us! :lol:

ShrinkingPat 04-10-2003 10:31 AM

Congratulations Kari. What a wonderful sense of accomplishment you must feel -- not to mention the great things you've done for your body.

Keep up the great work!

karilyn1982 04-10-2003 12:29 PM

Thanks!

Thanks again everyone! :) Yesterday, I meant to post how my program works, but I was so excited that I forgot! lol

Anyways - here is pretty much how it works now that I am done with the cleansing part.

Breakfast:

1 - protein (which is one egg or 2 oz. of egg beaters)
1 - starch (1 piece of bread, rice cake, cereal, ect...)
1 - fruit (any)
1 - 8 oz glass of skim milk

Lunch:

1 - protein (fish, chicken, beef, no lunchmeats)
1 - starch (small baked potato, pasta, rice, ect...)
2 - vegetables (must be fresh or frozen, no canned)
1 - fruit (any)

*** In between snack IF hungry = Nutrient Bar (which I must add are YUMMY! :) ***

Dinner:

1 - protein
1 - starch
2 - vegetables
1 - fruit

*** Another in between snack if I get hungry = Nutrient Bar***

For beverages I can have:
Caffeinated Coffee or Tea - 2 cups/day
Crystal Lite, in place of pop - 2 glasses/day
Decaffeinated Coffee - Unlimited
Diet, Caffeine free Pop - 2, 12 oz. cans / day
Herb Tea - unlimited
And of course, all the water I want

This is my first official day on this plan. The last three days was the "cleansing phase."

I haven't had any troubles today, and it feels good to eat other meat besides beef. I don't feel hungry after I eat, and I don't have the urge to cheat.

I go back to the clinic today to get weighed in and ask any more questions that I may have. I know there won't be a difference in my weight yet, since I was weighed yesterday, but hopefully within the week, I'll be down a few more pounds! :)

Thanks everyone for the support, you are all wonderful, wonderful people! You are all doing wonderful in your weight loss journeys. Keep up the great work! :)

~ Kari ~

SuchAPrettyFace 04-10-2003 12:48 PM

Sounds like a great plan--are they making you do any weight lifting or other exercises?

karilyn1982 04-10-2003 08:16 PM

Exercise

They haven't put me on an excercise program as of yet. Right now I have been walking several times a day, plus the clinic is located about 6 blocks or so from my house, so I can walk there to get weighed. :)

I would like to get a membership at a gym to start some kind of exercise routine, but unfortunatly I cannot afford that, with this program.

I have found a few things I can start out with at home by using items in the home, like cans of food. They say those work good for doing arm exercises.

I also have a booklet they gave me with exercises I can do around the house. Climbing stairs will also be good.

Each day I feel a little more motivated, so I'm sure I will be increasing my exercise soon. :)

~ Kari ~

P.S. - Went to the clinic again today to weigh again, and down another 2.8 lbs - I can only guess that it is water loss though because I don't see how I could just lose weight like that...but hey...I'll take it! :)

Sandi 04-11-2003 09:25 AM

That is so great!! I am so proud of you. The first step is always getting started and now your past the cleansing stage!! Yaaahhhooo! It sounds as if they have you on a very sound program. I looked it up on the internet. Sounds great!!! Wish it were closer!!

Keep up the good work and keep us posted! :D