3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   help! need distraction to keep from eating... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/26477-help-need-distraction-keep-eating.html)

suzie76 04-08-2003 07:16 PM

help! need distraction to keep from eating...

Hi,

I was called for jury duty today (and tomorrow). I was so bored waiting around, that I just ATE. There is a vending machine right in the waiting room, where we're stuck for HOURS. I bought plenty to read with me, but still just kept eating. HELP! I wish I did needlework or knitting or something else to keep my hands busy tomorrow (and possibly Thursday-Friday) I exercised this morning, and will do so tomorrow, but if I sit around stuffing my face all day, it won't make any difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sherry

irishwings 04-08-2003 07:39 PM

Hey Sherry!

I don't know if you'd like something like this, but a new GameBoy advance has just come out and it can be addicting! :)

Plus, you could bring favorite magazines (Woman's World has got a wide variety of articles that are always interesting), some stationery & pens to catch up on correspondence, write bills, balance checkbook, write a Spring "To Do" list, for the week and for the month, a walkman to listen to your favorite music.

Or hey, how about getting the whole group to do aerobics with ya? Just joshing of course, but it would be a way to get in exercise for the day! *smiles*

Hope this helps!

matt_H 04-08-2003 09:13 PM

you could yell out "wow, does that guy look guilty" and I'm sure you will be excused from jury duty all together.

seriously, if you are bored reading a book, maybe try some cross word puzzles or other games.

meembo 04-08-2003 09:23 PM

hehehe Matt you're hilarious!!!

Take an old fat picture of yourself with you and everytime you look at the vending machine, look at the picture, laugh, give the machine the finger and say "I win again!"

I do have one that works when you're at home tho......

If you're going to eat something you shouldn't, eat it naked in front of a full length mirror! Guaranteed you'll put it down.
(my dh caught me doing this one day and he still thinks I've lost all my marbles!)

Elaine

muelledk 04-08-2003 11:28 PM

I think that you should go Matt's route, and bring in a noose. Don't be afraid to tell your philosophy, "Hang 'em all".

Actually, have you tried gum? It always seems to help me.

Jennelle 04-09-2003 12:15 AM

Matt! ROTFLMAO! :lol:

Aradia 04-10-2003 09:03 AM

Matt- Where were you 3 months ago when I had duty?? LMAO.

Suzi- You have had some great responces, so here is another one, I dont know how it works compared to the others, but have you thought of journaling or writing? When you feel a snack attack coming on, take a toothbrush and brush those pearly whites. Even if you do give in, maybe you could work in some extra exercise, like taking stairs instead of the evelvator. Just remember, anything is better than nothing.

SuchAPrettyFace 04-10-2003 01:03 PM

Matt's idea rocks, as does Meembo's idea of giving the machine the finger.

I would suggest some Sugarless Bubble Yum to keep your mouth busy. Also, if you try & blow big enough bubbles, maybe they will tell you your services are no longer needed, hehehehe.

Charbar 04-10-2003 03:51 PM

I am addicated to hand held Yahtzee! I can't figure out a game boy if you paid me too.