Old 08-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #166  
Gizmo

savages, a 9-pound loss is great, be it water weight or actual weight, take it and run with it.

Diana, stress will always trigger weight gain for most people, meds or not. Here's hoping your appointment next week will show that your medication is doing its job.

This morning I weighed in at 250 on the dot. So the weight gain from salt and water retention from the thai food the other night is gone and I'm back on track.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #167  
On the trip to a new me!

S/C/G: 276/*see ticker*/160

Height: 5'6

Morning everyone!!!!!!

Start Weight:175.8

1:
2:
3:
4:
5: 175.8
6: 175.8
7: 174.6

8: No weigh in
9: 173.0
10: 172.8
11: 172.8
12: No weigh in
13: No weigh in
14: 168.4

15: 167.0
16: 166.2
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:

22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:

29:
30:
31:
successfulhannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #168  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

morning!
today's weigh in: 145.6 lbs

i changed my calories yesterday from the usual 1200 - 1400 i was eating to 1400 - 1600 calories/day.

@Diana; i hope you can figure it all out and get everything under control!
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #169  

S/C/G: hw175/145/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies ! Weight lifting went ok yesterday. I made it through most of my sets but like the run yesterday, I felt overly tired and like it was so hard! Long vacations and lots of booze will to that to you I suppose. I'm down another 1.2 lbs of water weight this morning to 153.0. I wonder how long it'll take me to get back to around 147 ( I had that beautiful 146.8 for a day). I'm gonna keep trucking along. Plan to try a longer run today and stay within my calories. Stay strong everyone!!

Diana Give your body some more time to adjust to the life stresses you have had. Hopefully you lab results will help shed some light onto things. But keep pushing on.

Nice weight in Ciao
Domlacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #170  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,

I've had a bad couple of days - stresses at work, relationship trouble, some sad news - so I've been cranky. I seriously thought about going on a binge last night but went for a long walk instead (I'm up to 90 minutes). I did do a little self-medicating with a bowl of ice cream, but it could have been worse! I'm bouncing between 136 and 137, still. I'm going to have to really buckle down to lose any more and I just don't feel like it. (Cue the violins!)

Domlacha, I hope you enjoyed your vacation! It is amazing, though, how quickly we can lose conditioning.

Diana, thryoid stuff is tricky. I hope you get some useful information next week.

Savages and Hannah, nice losses!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #171  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Howdy everyone! Official weigh-in day: down .8 this week to 233.2. I have probably lost more but my knee has been swollen for over a week and I know that extra fluid is adding up. On the brighter side, my knee wasn't painful today so I did an hour of cleaning for my exercise!

Hope everyone has a good Thursday!!
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

Confused and annoyed. Two days ago I was at 292.8. Then for seemingly no reason, I bounced up to 293.4 yesterday. Today, I am still at 293.4. I've been eating quite well and under my limit every day. Bah. Lack of change makes me grumpy, lol.
devnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 178/175/130

Height: 5'1

devent sounds like you just hit a little plataue....try this for a day or so....eat what ever carbs you eat early in the day and try not to eat many or any carbs with your last meal...it will trick your body and start you back on track
TNCindy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #174  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

Diana I hope you can find answers next week. I know hypothyroid slows your metobolism.

Martine glad you are getting back on track.

Sucessfulhannah- congrats on the drop

Ciao good idea increasing your calories with all your running

Domlacha I hear you about being tires after workouts.

Steph good for you taking the long walk. A little ice cream never hurt anyone.

Sluggerbean glad you had a better weigh in. I hope your knee is better soon.

Devnet I understand your frustration.

I am down again to 247.5. I got my heart rate monitor and walked an hour/3 miles. I did notice a big difference between the treadmill calories and HM calories. I am so tired after. I made sure I ate a good lunch after my workout. I was exhausted yesterday too after my weight training.

I think I need to up my calories a bit. So I am going from 1200 to 1500/day. I hope this helps. Kind of defeats it if I take a nap and lay on the couch. I put sedentary first for my calories but now I am exercising 5x a week.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #175  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Lishar, at your weight I was able to lose very reliably on 1700-1900 calories per day. (Even now my plan is about 1500 calories per day.) I think upping your calories is a good idea and will help you feel better, especially if you are incorporating strength training.

My own view is that one should eat as many calories as one can get away with. Apart from fueling your body properly, it gives you wiggle-room to decrease your calories if you need to when you get closer to a healthy weight range.

Okay, my report - I've been on plan every day this week and I'm on track to be on plan today as well. Huzzah! Weighed in this morning at 158. I've said before that I was hoping to get well into the low 150s this summer. It still might not happen. But I have been training pretty hard, so maybe - just maybe - I have a little body recomposition going on. I'm feeling pretty trim and I've been complimented a couple of times for looking buff. I'll think that, optimistically.

Oh, thanks for the kind words about my house. We're starting to work on figuring out what needs to be done for the repairs, and how to get the various insurance companies to pay for it.

Take care everyone.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #176  
one choice at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnet View Post
Confused and annoyed. Two days ago I was at 292.8. Then for seemingly no reason, I bounced up to 293.4 yesterday. Today, I am still at 293.4. I've been eating quite well and under my limit every day. Bah. Lack of change makes me grumpy, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCindy66 View Post
devent sounds like you just hit a little plataue....try this for a day or so....eat what ever carbs you eat early in the day and try not to eat many or any carbs with your last meal...it will trick your body and start you back on track
Just my opinion, but I don't think devnet's experience counts as a plateau and I don't think any tweaking of plan or attempt to "trick your body" is necessary.

Devnet is talking about a bounce of a half a pound - a half a pound! - over two days. That is not a plateau. That is perhaps a little bit of undigested food in the intestines, or a small bit of fluid retention. Trying to make changes to your plan and evaluate whether those changes are working based upon two days' worth of data is a fool's errand.

Daily fluctuations happen. Your weight on any particular day depends on a whole lot more than whether you were on plan yesterday, and most of those factors are out of your control. That is something that all of us on the daily weighing thread learn about our bodies and learn to live with. Your weight can fluctuate day-to-day by as much as 3-4 pounds based upon fluid retention, which depends upon a whole host of factors - sodium intake, hydration, weather, hormones, changes in exercise level, and on and on. You can't control for all of these - all you can do is look at a longer time scale.

The relevant time scale is not whether you weigh less than yesterday, or even whether you weigh less than you did last week - it's whether you weigh less than you did a month or two ago. Weighing every day is great for learning your body's patterns and understanding what daily fluctuations look like. But if you want to know whether your plan is working, you won't get meaningful data by looking at day-to-day changes.

Last edited by carter; 08-16-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

Carter: Thank you for the insight. I wasn't thinking that my plan wasn't working; really, I'm just impatient to get rid of the water weight I put on from going off plan one day last week, so seeing it going up again was just annoying, and seeing it stay up was even more annoying, lol.

Thank you though, I do know I need to work on my patience.
devnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #178  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the support with whatever my potential problem is. I can't do anything about the thyroid right now. If that's an issue the Dr. will address that in a couple weeks. Something else has kinda clicked or maybe I should say erupted today. I mentioned about the allergic reactions I have had. I feel I have had a lot of issues with this recently. DH and I have been going to this one particular restaurant quite regularly in the last month. It is a great family owned restaurant that specializes in local seafood and produce, etc. Anyways, DH spoke with the owner one day and told him about my "food allergy". He said his mom has a similar issue and it just started out of the blue one day, like mine did. He said that he could cook my food how I needed it cooked, so I have been thrilled with that. A couple times we went there, my food was prepared how I wanted it about the oil, but I still noticed it had some salty seasoning on it. Although I requested it without seasoning. One time I had to order collard greens because of the limit of side items. I don't know what kind of seasoning that they use there. Some seasonings contain soy and I have read that MSG also contains soy. Anyways, I have been taking Benadryl for about 2 weeks now and my mouth was clearing up. Today my mouth started breaking out again. Last night we went to that restaurant and I ordered their collard greens. I told DH that I don't want to go back to that restaurant for a couple weeks and see how it goes. I think I am going to have to stick with plain grilled protein and steamed broccoli. If I can't get that, then I can't eat there.

If my new thyroid meds are correct, the problem has to be my food allergy. We have probably eaten at this place 4 times in the last few weeks. It takes a while for the allergy to clear up. So I have been reacting nonstop, but not as bad because of the Benadryl. It makes sense and adds up to me. I will see how it goes between now and my thyroid appointment. I had this same problem when I first realized that I had a food allergy.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:51 AM   #179  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 149.2 (TTOM)
Up: .2
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #180  
one choice at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnet View Post
Carter: Thank you for the insight. I wasn't thinking that my plan wasn't working; really, I'm just impatient to get rid of the water weight I put on from going off plan one day last week, so seeing it going up again was just annoying, and seeing it stay up was even more annoying, lol.

Thank you though, I do know I need to work on my patience.
I know you will do fine. I need to work on my patience too, even after all this time! But i am also sorry, my post came out a little sharper in tone than it should have. It was more directed at TNCindy66, who suggested your ordinary small two-day bounce was a plateau. But even so, I shouldn't have been so sharp! So apologies to both of you.

I managed another day on plan - that is 4 in a row now, not bad for how I've been struggling lately - and I'm down to 157 this morning. So things are looking okay with respect to the process, at the moment.

Good luck and good strength, everyone!