Old 07-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Default Cravings.... Argggghh.

I have been craving salt like crazy for the past week. I'm 9 days til TOM, and I hope this doesn't last. I have been salting everything.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #2  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Salt is my abusive lover. I love it so, but it does nothing but hurt...I'm trying to cut it out, but summer is time for watermelon and watermelon just isn't as good without some salt on it TT^TT

Apparently salt cravings can come from being dehydrated...next time you reach for the shaker see if a glass of water helps. More info: http://www.3fatchicks.com/7-reasons-...e-salty-foods/
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #3  

thanks. I've been drinking a lot of water today. Trying to stay away from the salt and salty foods but it's hard.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

I have found that a GREAT substitute for salt is True Lemon or True Lime crystals. They come in a shaker or individual packets. I find them in the grocery store but they can also be purchased online.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #5  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Unless you have a particular sensitivity to sodium that you know about I don't think there is much of a problem with adding regular salt to your food. It enhances flavors and makes food more enjoyable. I would not stress out about this.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #6  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Unless you have a particular sensitivity to sodium that you know about I don't think there is much of a problem with adding regular salt to your food. It enhances flavors and makes food more enjoyable. I would not stress out about this.
be careful, though. a great article from 3FC explains:

"Too much salt in the diet, which is marked by high sodium content, can deeply impact almost all biochemical pathways in your body. As a standard, your dietary intake of sodium should not exceed 2,000 milligrams per day. Any excess of this amount can inhibit the proper absorption of nutrients and disrupt normal body functions."

salt can be yummy and healthy IN PROPER PORTIONS, but eating too much of it is really bad for you. it can actually make you retain water, thus fluctuating your weight like crazy.

as Hotaruchan said, try drinking LOTS of water. what i also do is have two ritz crackers whenever i'm feeling in the mood for salt. i suck the salt on them (just two crackers) and that helps me a ton!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/7-health-r...too-much-salt/

Last edited by Ciao; 07-26-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #7  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I have never been able to keep my salt at the level they say you should I don't know what people do that have to. I don't however add salt to anything but man it's tough to keep it low. But like the others said drink lots of water and it should help with the effects of salt.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

I used to oversalt everything... loved it. But I trained myself to eat almost everything without any added salt... including fresh veggies, etc. Once I broke the salt habit I actually enjoy the real taste of the food
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #9  

I never used that much salt before, this is a new thing. I'm trying to stop, but it's hard.