Something to think about... OT

• At this time it just makes sense to remind ourselves:

- "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the
    press.

- It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

- It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to
    demonstrate.

- It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and
    whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the
    flag."

(Authored by Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
  • I completely agree....

BTW, what the **** was Geraldo thinking? (I can't stand that slimy you-know-what, anyway....)

And Peter Arnett...what a pompous (_*_)
  • Thank you, Dana.

Before this last weekend, the last time I saw my stepdad was on the news, packing up planes @ the AFB.
  • As much as I hate war I think soldiers are hero's doing their country proud. It is the politics that create the wars and soldiers should never be condemed for doing their duty. What happened after vietnam should never be repeated. May all our men come home safe and soon,

Kitty
  • Re: Something to think about... OT
    Quote:
    Originally posted by slimdown
    who allows the protester to burn the
    flag."
    I don't want to start a HUGE debate here, but that last line REALLY struck a nerve. If people honestly think that protesters are "flag-burners" then that, in my opinion, makes them no better than Saddam himself.
    When our country has NO protesters, reporters, campus organizers, and poets... I will no longer have any desire to be an American. "It takes all kinds" to make this great country.
    I pray every day for PEACE on earth AND that EACH and EVER one of our soldiers comes home in better condition than when they left. It is possible to be a protester and poet and still be patriotic. It's me.
    Dana, I understand it was just something to think about, though... I just felt I had to make a point, maybe you guys will listen? People around here are.... a lot like the author of that poem. Have a GREAT week everyone. Peace. -Apryl
  • Re: Re: Something to think about... OT
    Quote:
    Originally posted by aprylcadabra

When our country has NO protesters, reporters, campus organizers, and poets... I will no longer have any desire to be an American.
    Well then thank goodness we have soldiers to protect the rights of those people so you desire to continue to be an American.
  • I agree!