Old 08-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #16  

I discovered the 'Paleo/Primal' lifestyle online by accident sometime in early May. I was looking for an alternative to factory farmed meats and I hate that I didn't discover the wonders of farmers markets until this summer! One of the links I was researching on grass fed and pastured meats (which, even though the animals are killed for food, they are so much more humanely raised, fed and treated during their lives) I found some info on paleo and intermittent fasting.

Before then I was doing more of a slow carb eating plan, with lots of beans (legumes) and some whole grain, with NO results. I felt sluggish and bloated. Then I dove head first into paleo and IF and I felt great. Without any major or even minor exercising plan, I've lost about 25 pounds since mid may and that's with quite a few 'cheat days', including a 2 week vacation where I ate and drank liquor like a mad woman. Now I'm back on my plan and focused and I think for me personally, cutting grains and now dairy (though not permanently) is what works best for me.

No cravings (unless I cheat with sugar or processed stuff which causes more cravings) and there's plenty of variety in what you can eat. I also bake with almond flour or coconut flour on occasion, but have cut way back on sugar after vacation.

Grain free (aside from occasional cheat days) may not be for everyone but it's definitely for me.
FluffyKat35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #17  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Hi! Just chiming in; I do a paleo/primal diet. I am trying to cut more towards strict paleo but in the meantime I stick as close as I can. I am cutting out dairy at the moment and I feel great without it. While paleo is not raw-food centered, I tend to keep my veggies raw as a texture preference. I love crunchy food. If you find yourself interested in paleo there is a wealth of knowledge out there! Good luck finding what makes you feel best!

Last edited by Thousandsunny; 08-18-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

My friend keeps telling me to try this diet, she doesn't need to lose any weight but says she feels amazing! I would love to give it a try and am glad i found this thread. I will see what you are all doing and hope i can incorporate things into my diet/lifestyle change, since that's what I should be doing.
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote