Old 06-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #16  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I would be totally hurt too - mean people suck. But I wouldn't show it. Blow them a kiss! And keep going. Do NOT let these haters make you quit something you enjoy. They don't deserve to have that kind of power over you.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

It hurts, but just ignore it. don't engage them in any way - don't make eye contact, don't wave or blow kisses. My first impulse would be to acknowledge them, but I'm not sure that's ever a good idea where ignorant people are concerned.

I also want to tell you to not turn up the iPod. You need to be able to hear traffic. Just keep in mind the fact that one day soon you will be awesome and they will still be stupid, mean, ignorant, and hurtful. Guess who wins in the long run? Great job in doing what you know is best for you.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #18  
Mother/Daughter team

S/C/G: hw292 rsw265 cw252 gw180

Height: 5'9

I personally have no problem telling people exactly what I think. I would of been like ya, I might be fat but thats fixable. You're IGNORANT and theres nothing that'll help it!
Scilla90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scilla90 View Post
I personally have no problem telling people exactly what I think. I would of been like ya, I might be fat but thats fixable. You're IGNORANT and theres nothing that'll help it!
That's me too. My mother ruined my self esteem when I was a child over my weight. Thanks to my wonderful husband, i realized I am beautiful and worthy of acceptance no matter what I weigh.

Learning- good for you for riding a bike. It's over 100 degrees here or I would ride too.

Don't base your self worth on what others think of you. You are awesome. You are beautiful. You are an inspiration to others. you care enough about you to do something for you. Keep riding that bike with your head held high
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #20  
Mother/Daughter team

S/C/G: hw292 rsw265 cw252 gw180

Exactly Neast!!
Scilla90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #21  

some ppl just love makin fun of others. Full props to you for getting out there and making some really positive changes in ur life!
NateC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #22  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Smile, wave, keep on keeping on.

Porch sitting hollerin' meanies? Well, even if you are the LAST of the pack of biking, you are waaaaay ahead of THEM in their development! They are trying to give your their ugly baggage?

That doesn't mean you need to take it on board. Eat my bicycle dust!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-26-2012 at 09:56 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 274/264/155

You guys are the most awesome chicks in the world! ILY all already lol
Learning Curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #24  

Some running guru wrote a post called "Hey Fat Girl." Google it, or PM me, and I'll send you the URL. (When I Googled it, it was the first result.) I will copy and paste just part of it, but I read it often, as I very occasionally get the kind of abuse you're describing.

Hey Fat Girl,

Yes, you. The one feigning to not see me when we cross paths on the running track. The one not even wearing sports gear, breathing heavy. You’re slow, you breathe hard and your efforts at moving forward make you cringe.

You cling shyly to the furthest corridor, sometimes making larger loops on the gravel ring by the track just so you’re not on it. You sweat so much that your hair is all wet. You rarely stay for more than 20 minutes at a time, and you look exhausted when you leave to go back home. You never talk to anyone. I’ve got something I’d like to say to you.

You are awesome.

If you’d look me in the eye only for an instant, you would notice the reverence and respect I have for you.

I absolutely believe most people feel this way. Me too. You're awesome for riding up that painfully steep hill, especially without stopping. Congratulations!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

They've obviously got insecurity issues themselves. (((hugs))) you're beautiful and I'm proud of you for getting up that hill...it's a daunting task. Go ahead, do it again. You'll get faster and faster each time and you'll be proud of yourself. Nothing can take away YOUR TRUE accomplishment!
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 274/264/155

Actually since you mentioned it I can't figure out how to pm anybody lol could you tell me how or maybe is my account too young?
Learning Curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #27  

You realize that once you hit your goal those same stupid men will be the first ones to be "hitting" on you don't you? Keep it moving, and I wouldn't give them another thought.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #28  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

I too feared working out outside as I was terrified of someone saying something to me and hurting my feelings. I saw on Oprah that a woman was walking outside for weight loss and some young guy passed by and threw a bottle at her! She then started walking in a cemetary! She said at least I know that no body would bother me there. lol! I loved that. I have a big back yard and I recently decided to jog/walk and after scoping out park after park and being scared to the point of breaking down, I went out back yesterday and get something and said WAIT A MINUTE!! I can do my exercises here!

I read so much about the rude and hateful remarks that people say and I am shocked. How stupid! I must admit that I like the replies that people posted that said blow kisses at them. I agree!
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote