Old 05-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability, Menus, Plans, Exercise, Stuff.......May

Here is place where you can find some accountability, write down your food plan, or excecise and other helpful things.

Please feel free to join in!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #2  
mj5

Hi everyone! Wow...things have been super hectic around here. Yesterday (in addition to my normal hectic schedule), I helped one of my niece's get ready for her prom. I did her nails and make up. It was SO much fun!!!

Kitcherella--I agree...I hope May is better weight-loss wise for me too. Although I am trying to learn that it isn't what the scale says that matters. I will be taking update pics and measurements on Saturday. Can't wait to see if there are changes. Awww, thanks. I never, ever thought I would even want to attempt to run. But...during my journey, I have learned that some things are more about the challenge. I'm not concerned about time or distance (although I would like to work up to 5 miles someday, that may never happen...who knows?!) Some friends and I are signing up for a "Dirty Girl" mud run. It's a non-competetive 5k obstacle course-type event. Yea...we are probably insane for doing it, haha! I suggested next year, but one of my friends (also my zumba instructor) is sure she can have us all ready in time...it's in September, so we do have some time. I figure between her and my trainer....well, we'll have fun anyway!

lottie--I am so sorry about the job. Take care of yourself sweetie.

Things are going well for me. Still sticking to my workouts and eating well. I went to a running store and was actually fitted for sneakers. Wow. What a difference! They took all kinds of measurements, asked a ton of questions, and I tried on I can't even tell you how many pairs. I finally found a pair that fit what I need AND feel great.

Today is my rest day. I am doing just that! This afternoon I will do some studying, which I haven't been doing much of. I really want to get certified, so I need to get moving!
Hope you are all doing well!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

So, once again my DM has convinced me to stay. I"m going to try just keeping my two jobs I already have cuz I like them, and increasing my hours just a little at a time until I feel where I can't work more.

I had a great day at work. I love it there. The lyrica gets increased tomorrow. woooo!

I've lost 10 lbs btw.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #4  
mj5

lottie--I hope it works out for you! CONGRATULATIONS on your loss! That's awesome!

Not too much going on here...work, workouts, studying All good stuff!

Hope everyone is hanging in there!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:52 AM   #5  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Hello!

Thanks MJ for opening the new thread.
All is Ok here, after a few rough days, too much work, too much food and not enough exercise I am regrouping. I haven't gained but I haven't lost either. But I feel good and proud of myself because I haven't smoked! Nearly two months now.
My gynaecologist is happy with my weightloss but I still need to check my blood sugar level to check for diabetes as I have PCOS. Eehh!
Mj - You are quite right, it is about the challenge sometimes and we should challenge ourselves constantly to avoid stagnation (of mind and body). Dirty Girl sounds so much fun! I wish we had things like that here. (at least I don't think we do - Note-to-self why don't I organise one?) You'll have fun training for it too. I bet you will see changes on Saturday.
Lottie - and things are working out for you.

“If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: "I am here to live out loud” Emile Zola
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #6  
unabashed

I mentioned I"ve lost 10 lbs....

this is since going off seasonique. I think it was the culprit! I stopped losing when I started taking it, my cravings were out of this world bad and a few months later I was gaining and couldn't stop.

Now I'm back on portia and doing great. No more insane cravings!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #7  
unabashed

I had a good day. protein shake for breakfast, peanut soup for lunch (jam packed with veggies!), tvp tacos for dinner. I really didn't eat many cals, I think I'll juice some later tonight.

I got called in to work for a few hours to help with a recall that needed done. It was annoying but was happy to help.

Oh well, my TOM will be gone soon. Then I can weigh. the scale has been going crazy during my TOM this past week so I"mgonna give it a few days to settle down before I hop on.

Hope everyone is doing good. mjmjmj. hugs.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #8  
pick your hard

Hi! All is good here, (aside from the fact that my country is in a state of political turmoil) , I had delicious fava beans for lunch and a great homemade burger with parsley,cucumber and red onion salad and fruit throughout the day.
It is funny how much different things taste now. I was out the other day and I had a burger. It tasted pretty much like rubber. So after 4 months of the clean,fresh taste of unprocessed food I can safely say I don't even want to touch fast food (burger style).

Lottie - Peanut soup sounds yummy. Please elaborate

Greetings to all, hope you are well

Last edited by Kitcherella; 05-10-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #9  
unabashed

it's got ginger, coriander, hot pepper, peanut butter mixed with sautead onions and peppers, and I myself add potatoes, green beans (in place of okra), and carrots, tomato sauce and garlic salt.

It sounds like...peanut butter and tomato sauce? Ick. but it's really good. Makes it nice and creamy with a full flavor.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #10  
unabashed

well yesterday was good, today will be good too. I can feel it.

protein shake and fruit for breakfast today.

mj love your avatar pic. You look so fiesty! :P
Old 05-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #11  
unabashed

oh! btw, I"m using the veggie quick track on spark to try and sneak in extra fruis/veggies. had a banana and apple with my protein shake for breakfast.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:31 AM   #12  
pick your hard

Oh, how I love Saturday mornings! 2 months smoke-free today and expecting a loss on Monday

Thanks for the recipe Lottie.

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
C. S. Lewis
Old 05-12-2012, 04:13 AM   #13  
mj5

Hi everyone! Things at work are settling down to a "dull roar". It's nice for it not to be quite so super hectic.

Kitcherella--Thanks! GREAT job not smoking!!!

lottie--Hmm, sounds like that might have been the culprit! Your doing great! Keep it up! Thank you! It's actually one of my favorite pics of me. It's several months old, but I am going to take a new one this weekend.

Today my cousin and I are doing a 5k walk. It's to raise $ for a scholarship fund for a young mom who was killed last year.

VERY exciting news, maybe. One of the owners from my gym contacted me yesterday. He and I chat often (he even invited me to a private boot camp class that he, his wife, and a couple of other people do a few times per week. I haven't been able to go, yet because it's during my work day, but I will get there!). Anyway, there is someone at my gym who is looking for a female personal trainer. I reminded him that I'm not certified, yet. He said that it doesn't matter. There is a 17 year old young lady who is overweight and wants to get started working out. She is too self-conscious and embarassed to workout by herself and doesn't know what to do. She refuses to work w/ a guy (too embarassed about how out of shape she is). They are looking for someone that she can be accountable to. So...he thought of me. WOW! He asked if I would at least be willing to talk with them. I agreed!!!!!! I figure I have nothing to lose by talking to them. So, I told him to go ahead and give them my number. I really, really hope they call. How cool would that be?! I mean, I don't have a ton of experience, but I really think it would be a great way to get started. (My trainer thinks so too). I'll let you know if they end up calling.

Have a great day!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #14  
unabashed

mj that is super exciting! Hope they call!

kitcherella, I forgot, you take half the soup out and blend it! Makes it thick and creamy. then add back tot he rest of the pot.

I just use an immersion blender.

Yesterday I started doing yoga again! I also went for a walk out to the conservatory lawn around 1130 pm. we go to see the buns that hang out on the lawn at night. We saw a family of about 5 bunnies at one point, TOO CUTE!
Old 05-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #15  
mj5

Thanks lottie! I hope so too. YEA for starting yoga again.

Well...the 5k was fun. My friend who picked up our race packets arrived about 15 mins AFTER the race started. She went to the wrong part of the park....anyway, even starting 15 mins late, we still didn't come in last! Yippee! It was a good time. We walked at a slower pace than I am used to, but I let my cousin set the pace. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and a walk by the lake, then I ran a few errands and went for a massage. I have tons of stuff to do around the house, but I'm going to chill for a bit, then get things done.

Here's a post-race pic