3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Have You Ever Found *THAT* Song? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/259495-have-you-ever-found-%2A%2A-song.html)

SuddenlySweet 05-21-2012 01:54 PM

Have You Ever Found *THAT* Song?

I decided to play Just Dance 2 on my Wii today. I was poking around some of the menus and found out there was a free additional song to download called "Firework" by Katy Perry.

I've never heard that song before but the word FREE inspired me to download it. I watched it before deciding to dance to it just to study the dance moves.

There was something about the lyrics to the song that hit me so deeply I cried. It's one of the most uplifting songs I've ever heard. WOW. Needless to say, on my worst days, I am going to put Just Dance 2 in and work that song into the ground.

So I want to ask you all... what are the songs you go to when you need inspiration? I want a nice list to put on my iPod for my walks.

98DaysOfSummer 05-21-2012 02:41 PM

My daughter loves that song. She also loves Perfect by Pink and Born this Way by Lady Gaga. I don't now how all three of those songs managed to be popular at the same time given general trends in popular music, but those three are still on repeat in our car.

SuddenlySweet 05-21-2012 02:51 PM

Great suggestions!

Goddess Jessica 05-21-2012 06:22 PM

Yes, "Firework" made me cry the entire time I was pregnant. And the Glee version is good too.

Florence + The Machine's first album is fabulous at making me cry, laugh, and dance. Highly recommend it.

justnicki 05-21-2012 06:43 PM

I'm not so sure if this is the type of inspiration you mean but The Mountain by Devildriver makes me feel badass every time I hear it. Definitely helps keep my workout going.

SuddenlySweet 05-21-2012 08:00 PM

Justnicki - Awesome! I'm looking for hot new workout music and all the suggestions so far have gone on my iPod. :D

Devildriver is a really cool band. As you can see by my avatar, I'm a rocker girl myself.

samcakes 05-21-2012 09:28 PM

flo rida. get a good feeling. i dont usually listen to new music, but thats my JAM now

trailerprincess13 05-31-2012 10:40 PM

Pitbull. His lyrics are horribly offensive to women but there's something about that hip-hop/latin music that just makes me feel sexy. Probably because I have pretty awesome (and perhaps larger than they should be) hips to dance with. What can I say...I like to shake my boo-tay.

gracesmomma 05-31-2012 11:50 PM

LOVE Pitbull (even though he's offensive lol)

Edge of glory by Gaga is good too.

another good one that they don't play on the radio is "make me proud" (I think that's the name of it) by Drake

and turn me on by nicki minaj