Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 07:30 PM   #16  

Irishwings and Denise,

Another big Police fan here. Synchronicity was the first album I bought...wow, album, you don't hear that word anymore! My husband taped the concert. Hopefully I'll have time to watch it soon. I'm sure VH-1 will rerun it-they play everything to death! I'm still waiting for a Police concert to come out on DVD...

Take care,
Sherry
Old 03-20-2003, 11:42 PM   #17  

I also LOVE fitday.com. It is there that I have learned that I tend to way underestimate caloric and fat intake. Since I have been faithfully filling in fitday, I have stayed within my calorie range and have maintained a balanced range of carbs, cals, and fat. I also love inputting my activities and seeing how many calories I have burned. It really is a good motivator as well as a good way to stay accountable to your goals!!
Old 03-21-2003, 12:17 AM   #18  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Well today is done ... fitday.com is good ... (because it's free!) - however, I do have some issues - when you customize a food item I wish you could put it into a catogory ie. fruit or breads

How many carbs do I need?
I am still trying to figure out how many calories to eat min and max.
I am 5'0" and 218 lbs - Everywhere I look I am getting very different numbers. I want to eat towards the max.. for some time, atleast. If I eat too little I will binge. One site told me 1960 calories (this is to lose 1 lb a week - which I am fine with)

I need to watch my fat.. I didn't realize how much fat I ate.. ouch... I ate 75 grams of fat! ouch!!!

Denise - I agree with you.. it's the reporting tools that can help you lead a healthy lifestyle overall.

How much are all of you limiting in the areas of fat, carbs, etc.

I was impressed that I met my calicum and fiber goals today. Today I ate 1807 calories and was very satisfied.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:26 AM   #19  

Dana it is kind of scary when you realize how much fat you take in a day. I was shocked when I saw that 45 grams of fat was almost 50% of my calorie intake.
I hope that you are able to figure it out. I, too would rather have the custom foods in categories, but hey I paid for WW online for 6 months and couldn't do it there either. I think that overall, fitday has better information that WW online.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:15 AM   #20  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

hi dana. after reading your dilema it dawned on me that you don't mention much about excersise? how often do you excersise? and what sort of excersise is it? i never did the diet thing di the excersise route in stead. i guess its a psycological thing as which you do. a good example is this phrase.

to lose weight you should eat less than you burn.

this suggests dieting. the message i saw is very similar

to lose weight you should burn more than you eat.

two almost identical statements but with two totally opposite outcomes. i train 6 days a week for about an hour. i lost 90lb's in 12months. and i eat more now than i did a year ago. i'm on about 3000-3500 calaories a day. and losing around 5lb a month. with the help of some thermogenic supplements.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:31 AM   #21  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Greeting Si-
Actually exercise has not been my issue for over a month now - I work out 4-5 times a week at the YMCA - and loving it!!!

I am now trying to count calories - I just started this past Thursday so I will wait till this Thursday to see my results at the scale.
I am eating anywhere from 1700 - 2100 calories per day, depending on my exercise level.

90 lbs in 12 months - good for you!
Old 03-23-2003, 11:59 AM   #22  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default good luk

good luck on the scales. remember that it may take a few months for the gym work to really kick in and make a noticable affect. but when it does its awesome. i lost nearlly 16" of my waist in that 12 months now a 38". i been taking some thermogenics but for my own health i think i have to stop. i'm taking 9 hydroxycut and 4 xenadrine a day thats 80+ mg of ephadrine per day
Old 03-23-2003, 04:04 PM   #23  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

one thing to remember is that with going to the gym it is common to see the weight creep up as the muscle mass start to add up. BUT remember that muscle weighs 5 times as much as fat!!! so as you see the scale not move or go up look at how your clothes fit!! are they fitting better and getting lose???? Do remeber that!!!
Closed Thread