Old 05-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #16  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Sounds like a good time.

I'm hoping to do some 5k's here this summer.

I had a good on plan day. I couldn't find my yoga on the comp, one of our drives is dying and things are starting to go missing. But I found one on netflix so that worked out well. I actually really liked it.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:58 AM   #17  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Mj - you look great and what a contagious smile! Great news! it will be great for you to start and you'll help someone too!

Lottie - thanks for the clarification. Excellent that you re-started yoga. how cute to see bunnies.

Enjoy your week!
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #18  
unabashed

mj, where did all of our old regulars go?

anyhow...

I did yoga today, I work at 3, I generally work mornings so trying to schedule as late a lunch as I can so I Don't get too hungry at work.

feelin' good!
Old 05-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #19  
unabashed

Gah! I got a call for a job interview for something I applied for ages ago before things were straight at my job!

BUT....I know the lyrica doesn't last forever, it is not a long term solution.

Also, if I stay at my current job, there is no room for advancement with my condition. I can't sit, I can't work full time, those are the facts. I LOVE MY JOB and I don't want to leave BUT, if I can get a full time job as an optician, where I can sit occasionally, I can't just turn that away.

STRESS.

Anyhow, interview is on friday, wish me luck.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

I've lost 55 lbs. My arm are flabby stomach is going down and a little saggy. But it's my legs. They are getting smaller and I'm exercising but it's the cottage cheese and sagging. Even when I lose all the weight I want to I will never be able to wear shorts with them looking like this. Any body have any solutions.
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #21  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Work has been super hectic, again. Hopefully things are slowing down a teeny bit so I can start checking in here more often again! I miss you girls!

lottie-I hope you do some 5k's. It was SO much fun! I don't know where everyone is?? I have bene swamped at work, so I haven't been here as much as I would like. Good luck on the interview. Deep breath! One thing at a time!

Kitcherella--Thanks!

Cajunlady--Unfortunately I don't...I have lost 113lbs so far and I do have some (of course), but I have also lifted weights right from the beginning, so I know that has helped.

Things are going well with me. Going slow (literally, haha) with running, but slow and steady! Hope you are all doing well!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #22  
mj5

Hi everyone! TGIF! Anyone have any exciting plans this weekend? For once, I have a 'calm' weekend. Not sure how that happened, but I'll take it! Tonight there is a 'girls night' to celebrate my friends 2 year Anniversary of her Zumba studio. That will be fun! I will hit the gym right after work, then come home and get ready. Tomorrow is kickboxing, errands, and then that's it! I plan on getting LOTS of study time this weekend.

I put together a series of pics from the beginning of my weight loss journey to the present, if anyone is interested in seeing them I'd be happy to post them.

Have a great day!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #23  
mj5

Heeellllooooo??? How is everyone doing?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #24  
unabashed

I'm okay, had a rough couple days, not bad just kind of neither here nor there.

haven't lost. Haven't gained

On track with my tracking and yoga tomorrow!
Old 05-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #25  
pick your hard

Hello, I hope you are Ok.
I had a bad week or month I should say, I am sure I have gained but I will weigh myself tomorrow (damage control). I am not giving up, though. 2 more weeks of work and then time to regroup and focus on what I have to do.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #26  
mj5

Hi everyone! I RAN yesterday! 5 friends and I did a 5k together and I RAN (except for a teeny bit in the middle). It was amazing! I also sent in my latest article to SkinnyMs. Here is the link:

http://skinnyms.com/get-motivated-by...-life-example/

Kitcherella--Hang in there. Not giving up is the key!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:16 AM   #27  
pick your hard

Hey!
After having to deal with a funeral and extreme working hours for the past 10 days I gained nearly 2 pounds. I am rather proud of myself about that actually because I did not do really bad. Nor did I continue eating unhealthily. I am back on track and very satisfied with it.
The worst part was that I didn't eat 'proper' food. I had to resort to fast food and snacking. I didn't like it at all and my energy levels were down.
Anyway, 3 days back on track I have lost my nearly 2lb and I am stronger than before.
Mj - thanks for the support, I enjoyed your article very much! And the other day I was looking at pinterest and I found another one from the SkinnyMs about arm workouts-nice!

Come on June I am ready for you!
“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #28  
mj5

Kitcherella--That's awesome! Keep it up!!!

I am wrapping up a week (well, at the end of the day on Friday) of a "metabolism re-set week"...which means my trainer told me to basically "eat healthy, but eat whatever you want". I am not supposed to pay attention to calories, nutrients, or anything. As a result, I am retaining a LOT of fluid. The scale is up 16lbs. OMG! Ok...now, in reality, it is not possible that I have consumed enough calories for that to be a true gain, but it certainly feels like it. I am sooo uncomfortable. I have been making very healthy choices, but the higher calorie range is really hard. I cannot wait to get back to "normal" on Saturday.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 271/219/145

Height: 5'9"

I think I need a little community support

I have been working pretty hard on fitness. I'm training for a half-marathon this fall and have been running most days, 3-7 miles. Just recently, I added 3-4 days of walking with my mom (mostly for her benefit) and a routine of situps, pushups, and squats (all online-based programs that I've downloaded as apps on my smartphone). It feels like the scale is finally starting to move again. I know I'm getting fitter. I ran a 5k in about 40 minutes on St. Patrick's Day weekend and yesterday I ran about 6 minutes faster just in training! I'm hoping to get under 30:00 soon.

Eating has been a challenge for me. I don't really eat sweets or binge or really eat unhealthy foods, but there are days when I shoot for 1500 calories and end up with 2200. Even with working out, I'm not losing weight really quickly. I am hoping that amping up my workouts and adding more strength training will help.
defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:00 AM   #30  
mj5

Good morning!

defenestrator--Welcome! That's awesome that you are training for a 1/2 marathon! I have lots of friends who are runners. Last weekend I ran (most) of my first 5k (I have a bad knee and had always been told I couldn't run, ever. Recently my doctor gave me the ok to try a little bit.). Your workouts will definitely help, but staying on track with how much you are eating is a big factor as well. You will find the right balance that works for you, just keep at it.

I received my new workout from my trainer yesterday....can I just say my arms hurt from just reading it, hahahahaha!

Nothing too exciting going on around here this weekend. Kickboxing later today, then errands, some cleaning, laundry...you know all the normal weekend stuff. Since it is a low key weekend, I WILL get lots of study time as well.

Have a great day!