Been away - now a new computer and willingness to post.

• Hi folks.... I am checking in. It's been several weeks. I had a good long visit with my sister in California. She's not doing very well even having four back surgeries. It was good that we had such a nice long visit. However, it's hard to see a loved one in such constant pain.

I saw my new granddaugher for just a day and I will be going back to visit again next week. Today we have a wedding today to attend. On Monday, will be the funeral of our Aunt, who is the Grandma of today's groom. Many emotions with happy and sad feelings all racing in my mind.

I have gained some weight back. I know that I don't need to wait until Monday to start making healthy choices.

I got a new computer, Goodbye to my laptop- RIP. A real goodbye to my desk top that I used for emails in the meantime. My desk top computer is 10 years old. That's like 'dog years' in terms of technology. There have been many days of not having internet access - however, recently it has come down to willingness to post when struggling. I know that we've all had our struggles with food and need not stay away out of shame or not willing to reach out.

So - I have my journal and will take it one day at a time. It's time to learn from the past, plan for the future... but, take it one day at a time.

Thanks for listening.
  • I'm sorry for your loss. Glad you're back and ready for action!
  • Welcome back! I will keep your sister in my prayers; back pain is so horrible. You can get back on the horse. We all know how hard it is, but you've done it before, so you know you can do it again.
  • You have inspired me so many times. I always love reading your post ! I know that you know what you are doing. I am in the same boat with ya. I have gained 10 pounds back. I had surgery on my foot ( achellies tendon ) about 7 weeks ago. I am trying to get back in this winning game . I sure want to lose more weight . I have just realized me first setback. However, I am owning it and not being hard on myself. Being negative is not what help me lose any weight in the beginning . Good Luck friend , we are in this together
  • Glad you're back, BEVERLYJOY -- life is full of up & downs, isn't it? The joys of a new grandchild and a wedding; plus a new computer and resolve ... all while mourning one loved one and trying to support another through a trial. Sending up ^prayers^ for your sister, you, and your family at this time ...

PS ~ I've put a prayer request for your sister in our PRAYER WARRIOR'S THREAD in the Faith Forum too.
  • I bought the diet solution that contained what to eat and how to work out on each day (didn’t even finish the 1st course yet), but looks promising, im already seeing some change
  • Welcome back, and congrats on the grandbaby
  • Welcome back. So sorry about the bad news, but babies and weddings are always wonderful. I hope your sister's health improves, and I'm keeping your family in my prayers. Your posts are always so positive. I know you'll be back on track very soon. A few pounds here and there can be dealt with easily. Good luck.

Lin
  • Welcome back! I hope your sister improves; sounds like she's been through a lot.

Congratulations on the new granddaughter; I bet she's adorable!
  • Welcome back! You can do this, one day/moment at a time.
  • Hi bud
  • I'm so happy to see you back! What a bittersweet journey you've been on. I'm glad to see you've not lost any of your spirit! I look forward to see you posting more often again.
  • I'm so happy to hear from you! I'm sorry to hear about the difficult times...I'll be thinking of you friend
  • Thanks SO much, everyone for your kind & encouraging thoughts! Yes... it's been a stressful patch of time for me. But, I am aiming to not let food be what 'gets me though it'.

As they say.... one day at a time.

Thanks again... surely do appreciate it.