3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Emergency!!! Need travel agent!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/25826-emergency-need-travel-agent.html)

gbo 03-18-2003 06:17 PM

Emergency!!! Need travel agent!!!!

Look forgive my scattered mind. My computer had a bad virus and hasn't been working at all well and currently is in the shop. I am not used to webtv anymore but here I am.
My adopted father has cancer throughot his body and they have given him acouple of weeks to live.
I need to get there and wanted to know prices for flights. The lowest I found was $313.00 for both ways and oneway was$ 404.00!!! That makes no sense to me ! I am so emotionally scattered I can't remember who our newest travel agent is. God I'm so sorry about that. I have to make a decision about this fast! Please send me an e-mail to [email protected] or leave a private message so that I can talk to you. I will check back in a few hours and pray for a response. Thanks .
Pam

Suzanne 3FC 03-18-2003 06:40 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your father, I know this must be a very difficult time for him, and you as well! Can you tell us what your nearest airport is, and where you would be flying to? I'd be happy to check around. Pm the locations to me if you prefer not to post them on the forum.

Jennelle 03-18-2003 07:11 PM

Pam - same here...I know that if you fly out of a larger airport, it doesn't cost as much.

Charbar 03-18-2003 08:41 PM

also.. if you stay over a weekend it will be cheaper too!
all the best!!!

Sandi 03-18-2003 09:03 PM

Nic251 is our travl agent!!!

Pam - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I will say a prayer.

SuchAPrettyFace 03-18-2003 09:57 PM

Pam,

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts & prayers are w/you & your family.

gbo 03-18-2003 11:09 PM

Montgomery,Al. to St Louis Mo.
Like Thursday or Friday ...until around the 4th or 5th of April or even open ended would be fine. Thanks one and all. You all know I love you!
Pam

Suzanne 3FC 03-19-2003 09:51 AM

Leaving that soon, everything I've found is comparable in rates to your. The cheapest was 284, going through www.hotwire.com

If you could leave April 2-9, I found a flight for 184. But that would be pushing it, and might be too risky to wait that long.

I thought a bus would be cheap, but even Greyhound charges $205 round trip :(

muelledk 03-19-2003 10:02 AM

Check to see if there are any berevement fares available. Just call the airline. Sometimes they will discount fares in order to help family members in the same situation as you are in. HOwever, it may be more costly than what you have found because I think that the discount is usually off of the most expensive ticket. Also, would you be interested in stand by travel? It is usually WAY cheaper, but can be a pain if the planes are full (if all seats are full, you don't get on and have to wait for the next flight) I only fly standby. I think that right now, you should not have much trouble, as I know that the airline industry is really hurting because of the impending war.

Good luck, and I am very sorry to hear about your dad.

Nic251 03-21-2003 01:12 PM

I am so sorry about your father. I haven't been able to use the computer for the last few days, because the power keeps going out from the blizzard. I hope you were able to get to your destination, please let me know if you need help with any other travel arrangements, or anything else for that matter. My direct email is [email protected] .

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Nicole