2nd time around....

• 8 yrs ago I lost 50 pounds on Atkins and maintained that loss for 4 yrs. After the death of 2 very close family members within 6 mo of each other, all the stress that goes along with handling both estates, the weight krept back on. Over 2 yrs I gained back all of the weight plus 20 more! So I'm back at it. This 2nd time around has been harder, and the weight is not coming off as easy, but I'm determined.
  • Good for you. Just don't give up.
  • Sorry for the loss of your loved ones. However, congratulations on getting the 50 off the first time! If you did it once, now you know you CAN do it again.
  • Hugs to you Heyma! I went through a similar situation last year that almost destroyed me but I'm committed to making this year better. Part of my healing process this year is to forgive myself (still a work in progress ). We both went through great pain and did what we had to do to get through the grief. We both found comfort in food. It's okay. We can now let go and move forward. Here's to a GREAT 2012! Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • I'm so sorry about the loss of your family members. My mom lost her mom and her brother nearly back to back, and I stands out in my memory as one of the hardest thing I've ever see anyone go through.

I hope you find the support you are looking for here.
  • Welcome Heyma! I know how stress can do a number on any healthy habits! But I'm glad you found us. I know you can do this!