Give up? ME? NEVER!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Some may recognize me....I've been a member here for ages. It's been awhile since I've posted.

A brief bio/catchup: I have always been fat. Always. Even out of the womb I weighed two ounces more than my twin sister. And that is the way it has stayed. I have been over 300 lbs for most of my adult life, with a couple of random exceptions. I've had my share of ups (marriage, college graduation, great job) and downs (divorce, severe "woman issues"). And my weight has roller coastered right along with life events.

Fast forward to now: Lucky me--I have not one, but two new diagnoses as part of my medical record: one being an eating disorder, and two being Type II diabetes. I've been learning to live as a person with these two issues, and it has been pretty rough. However, I am recognizing and rediscovering some great tools and resources to help manage these things.....one of them being 3FC. This is BY FAR the best website for weight loss info and discussion. I want to start using this site for support again. I am also using Overeaters Anonymous to help sort out the emotional and spiritual issues I have as a result of food.

I know one thing for sure: I am not alone on this journey. I have my Higher Power (whom I choose to call God) and all of you who understand what it's like to have food rule your life. I need you. That's why I'm here.

Much love,
    Jen
  • Hello!
  • Welcome back, Jen! I'm so glad you've returned. Jump on in.
  • Hey Jen! I'm new here and glad you'll be here for both of our journeys.
  • Jen, so glad you decided to come back and share your struggles with us. Prayers are headed your way.

• Welcome back, Jen!!
    I've been around a couple of months. I had the same epiphany, that need to reach out. Boy, I wish I had done it a long time ago... It's done wonders already.

Looking forward to speaking with you more and following you on your way!
  • Aww, it's Jen, YOUR BACK!!! So nice to see your shining face in here!!

Jen, you can do this...now you say it.
  • Welcome back Jen!
  • Welcome back! You can do this, one choice at a time.
  • (((Jen))) glad you came back here for support. I agree...this is the best online support group.
  • Always good to see you! Welcome back. Take a seat. Let's chat.
  • Thanks everyone! I am amazed at all the good things I'm seeing in the 100 lb club--new mommies Goddess Jessica and Mandalinn....and some awesome weight loss by our moderator Sandi!

So glad to be back....feels like home....
  • Welcome back! We can do this together.
  • Welcome back! Since you mentioned a higher power (God), I wonder if you've read the book Made to Crave? Amazing! Check it out!
  • Welcome back! Glad to be sharing the ride with you.

Lin