3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New here (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/257157-new-here.html)

Ash2007 04-17-2012 03:26 PM

New here

Hi, my name is Ashley. I am 23 and I just found this website while looking for a forum for my new weight loss plans. I am apart of a forum for pregnancy/babies and suddenly I just thought why not find a weight loss forum! I hope you don't mind me stopping in and trying to get into the conversions :)
I currently weigh 228lbs. I started at 240 lbs. I want to get to 220 first then, I will set goals until I reach my main goal of 130lbs.
I walk everyday for about a hour and I have changed my diet dramatically! I never realized how bad I was actually eating and I am not suprised I was gaining so much weight!
I have two babies ages 4 and 1. I have been married to my wonderful husband for about 5 years now. We have been together since we were 14. He is a wonderful support to me, and he is even trying to lose a few spare pounds himself.
I look forward to chatting with you all :)

Vex 04-17-2012 03:30 PM

re:

Welcome to the forums Ashley! I'll try to overlook the fact that you're from Texas :P

Ash2007 04-17-2012 03:39 PM

hey! lol! It isn't so bad!
At least I am close to the beach in Texas, that has gotta count for something right?:)

junebug44 04-17-2012 04:45 PM

Hi Ashley :wave: Welcome! I am fairly new too and have found the forum to be so helpful and inspiring ;)

SmallSteps 04-17-2012 10:14 PM

Welcome Ash!! I am jealous you live near the beach!!

Ash2007 04-17-2012 11:25 PM

Small steps, if I could lose enough weight to properly enjoy the beach it would be so much better!! It is nice to walk there though because it seems to be a lot cooler.. it's really hot where I live.
Thanks everyone for welcoming me :)
Went running up and down a big hill 3 times today for my workout! My husband usually walks with me but we took my son to try and learn how to ride his bike without training wheels and it took a lot longer than I thought it would lol. He did look cute though. My son ran with me lol.. surprisingly I was faster than him! He is a ball of energy, but he also was riding that bike for all that time. Some day I can run fast with him all the time! Hopefully soon!

What do ya'll do for exercise? I feel like I need to do more because from 9am-4pm I am home with the kids. I want to do something like sit ups and stuff but I have no idea where to start. I live in a up stairs apartment so jumping jacks and stuff are out of the question. My neighbors would hate me! lol
Usually we walk for a hour.

Arctic Mama 04-18-2012 12:59 AM

Welcome aboard, Ashley! I hope you work hard and make it to your goal with ease :)

CurryMama 04-18-2012 01:06 AM

Welcome! You'll love this site! Good luck on your journey!

SarahFairhope 04-18-2012 06:44 AM

Welcome! I'm pretty new too. I was on TTC board, then pregnancy/baby board - and now onto weight loss boards. I've got a 1yrold and a 3yrold, too. :)

Sounds like you've started off on the right foot!

sluggerbean 04-18-2012 02:26 PM

:wel3fc:

Nice to have you here!! First off you're doing well to be walking an hour a day and to be incorporating your kids into that is fantastic! There are some good yoga videos that you could try that would be suitable for an upstairs apartment.

Congratulations on the loss so far and good luck on your journey!!

Underwater 04-19-2012 01:45 AM

Welcome! I also weigh 228 lbs :)

SJKduke 04-19-2012 07:12 AM

Welcome! I belong to a local mom's board as well and we're doing a biggest loser challenge there. It helps, but this board is much more "solid" in support just because of the nature of the topics! :) I hope you do well!