April NSVs

• NSV=Non-scale victory

Post your NSVs here for everyone to celebrate! Reading about other people's victories can be really inspiring, and they can also help you realize the NSVs you might be experiencing without even recognizing them.
  • I'll go first: My size 16 jeans are FINALLY starting to get loose. 20 pounds down and I'm still in the same size. Frustrating, though not unexpected. I'm hoping to get down to a size 14 soon.
  • I went to Target and bought a swimsuit. For serious. Out of the regular section, too. It's an XL. It's a little snug, but since it's all downhill from here, I got it anyway. It fits. I'm kind of ecstatic about that.

I mean, a year and change ago, that never would've happened. I couldn't even do that at Fashion Bug most of the time, for Pete's sake. And now I can go to Target. It's freakin' awesome.
  • I have had to give away about 2/3 of my clothes! I just filled another bag today. YAY!
  • I went to the beach in a Bikini for the first time ever today I wore shorts over the bottoms but only because it was a bit chilly
  • I went to Lane Bryant today before my real women dollars expired, and some of the size 14 jeans were too big! I ~sorta~ look forward to shrinking out of their bras so I can cancel my credit card.
  • I went to a friends B-day party at a bar and alot of the guys in there were totally checking me out. Felt amazing!
  • Way to go on the NSVs, everyone! I really think these are the kinds of things that keep us going, especially when the scale refuses to cooperate.

My NSV for today is that I'm wearing a shirt that was too small in the hips when I bought it a month ago. My hips are my biggest problem area, so I'm pretty stoked that they've shrunk a little.
  • I had a second person comment that I looked like I lost weight. The first one was last weekend, and it was my husband, so I wasn't sure if I should count it. lol.
  • I went into a boutique in downtown Saratoga today and tried on clothes! 85 pounds ago I just walked by. Nothing flattered me or my budget, but I could get the clothes on!

Then I went to the Gap. One dress didn't look right in L or XL, but the other one I tried looked better in the L! Didn't buy anything there, either, but there was stuff that FIT!