3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I just gave up!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/25589-i-just-gave-up.html)

Sandi 03-11-2003 03:44 PM

I just gave up!!

Thursday I went over my food a little. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and today...I just gave up. I did not try at all. Earned zero points, haven't drank any water or worked out once! After doing so well for so long, why would I let it go like this and for so many days. I could see if I needed a free day or 2, but a free WEEK. Seeing a 2 lb gain on Monday didn't even deter me.

Today for lunch I had a bagel sabdwich and soup. Now the sandwich or the soup would been more than enough to fill me up but I had to have both and now I feel sick. Did I mention the cookie??

I just don't understand why it's all about extremes for me. I am either losing or ganing. There is no in-between for me. I am never "just maintaining". When I do lose all this weight, how will I ever keep it off?

I still want this, I still need this. I hate that I am starting over. I just needed to come out here and confess and PROMISE that tomorrow it's back to business!!!!

Charbar 03-11-2003 04:22 PM

Oh Sandi.. I am where you are almost weekly! I actually gained this week... grrrr. Why? I've lost only 20 lbs in almost a year.
Every day is a struggle! I don't know how we are going to handle the future. Let's just get through today first!

Big Hugs to ya Sweetie!!! btw, you are not starting over - you had a set back. Now get off your a$$ - before I have to come over there and smack ya!

Did you decide if you want to increase your calories? maybe that way you aren't going to "extremes" - something to think about.

Dana

Sheila53 03-11-2003 05:03 PM

There must be something in the air this week. Or maybe it's the fact that it's hard to be perfect for so long--one month is a long time!

The WW leader on Friday mentioned something about chocolate graham crackers and Cool Whip. I thought to myself, gee, sounds good, I can have a chocolate snack. Well, I can't. I ended up throwing out the graham crackers and Cool Whip because I coudn't stop eating them. And for the last two days I've been obsessing about food, and eating way too much. I woke up thinking about what I want to eat, and that's all I've been thinking about. So I'm right there with you, sister! And it's not a fun place to be, dang it. The bad thing is, right now I don't want to quit eating.

Knowing that someone else is struggling is a blessing for me so thank you for sharing that. I really admire your courage in vowing to get back to business tomorrow. You inspire me! If you can get down to it tomorrow, then I vow to do it, too.

gonzostar 03-11-2003 05:44 PM

obsessing... yup. that's me. i knew the perfect month could do no good. but i'm getting back in to it... today i had carrots and a subway sandwich for lunch, yay.

i hate how hard it is.

Jennelle 03-11-2003 06:03 PM

Sandi - I'm glad that you came clean on the board. I think it's really important to be honest with ourselves. But I also think you need to remember to give yourself credit where credit is due. In your signature, you indicate you've lost 19 lbs. since the beginning of this year. I've only lost 14.5 since March of LAST year! I would definitely consider your 19 lbs. a victory.

I think it's the "all or nothing" mentality that's kicking your ***. Weight loss cannot be about 100%, 24/7 perfection - it just cannot be. We have so many bad habits to unlearn, and there is just no way we can expect to delete them overnight in one fell swoop. What you need to be concentrating on is perfection at smaller levels. Just for this hour, don't snack. Just for this meal, eat within your points. Just for the next five minutes, stay out of the refrigerator. Getting over that initial hump is usually the hardest part.

You can do this. You've lost 19 lbs. already - there's your proof.

KittyMilk 03-11-2003 06:17 PM

Look at the big picture Sandi, You've just had 4 perfect weeks, it's O.k to have a week off, even to have gained 2lbs. Over the last 5 weeks how much have you lost? I bet your still happy with it. It only averages out to about 1 day off a week and plenty of ppl do their program like that. What is really really important is you don't throw in the towel and you get back into it. Put this last week behind you, it was a reward for 4 perfect weeks, enjoy it as that and get back into it. You had a perfect month you know you can do it, now try to do it again. Thats all it is to weight loss - doing what you know you can do again and again and yes again.
Go Sandi go!

Kitty

suzie76 03-11-2003 06:23 PM

hugs!!

Sandi,

Please remember we are not all perfect. You are doing the important thing-you are starting again. Everyone has times when they're just not on program-you probably saw my post about Sunday...I screwed up big time that day.

Did you know that last year between March and November I gained and lost the same five pounds over and over? Probably about five times. I couldn't stick on program for long enough to do any more than that.

You are doing so well. Please do not give up. You had an excellent month last month. So what if you're not "perfect." Nobody is. We're all here rooting for you.

Hugs,
Sherry

AngiKL 03-11-2003 06:57 PM

Congrats for coming clean with us! I had two rotten days (the weekend) and am 'fessing up here too.

The important thing is to get back on - not to let it go to **** in a handbasket!

You ARE capable of a perfect month so you know you can do anything. But we can STILL lose a lot of weight with an inperfect month if we just keep on plugging.

GeorgiaLady 03-11-2003 07:02 PM

I know the feeling!!

Sandi,

I've been where you are. I was well into losing weight over a year ago and just stopped for some reason and didn't get back on the boat until recently. I have no clue as to why I did that but I'm definitely sticking it out this time.

I ate 2200 cals. yesterday!! I don't know why...At least I wrote everything down. I had a carb. attack and then still ate dinner with DH. This morning I felt so sick it wasn't funny. Not to be graphic but "quality bathroom time" was in order. I have just barely grazed today. It's 7 p.m. and I'm at 702 cals. and may just add some sugar free Jello and call it a day.

The thing is: it happens and we don't always know why. But it is not the end...just a little set back. Try to remember the reason you decided to start losing weight...what was your "defining momemt." Mine was having to see the doctor about high blood pressure and realizing that I just wasn't going to have to take BP medicine for the rest of my life if I could do something about it.

You can get back on your plan...you are asking for help and sharing this with us so we know you care....you can do it girl!!!:dancer:

RavenToy 03-11-2003 07:15 PM

Hey Sandi - like it's been said up above, that you can come here and talk about it is a great thing. I personally think that finishing up a perfect month is a heck of an accomplishment! I haven't completed two weeks without a major oops. But you just write it off and keep going. I think with maintenance, you aren't as frustrated with your eating, because now you have achieved your goal. You can afford to up your eating a little, and if you gain here or there, you just tighten up on the reins for a couple days or a week. With maintenance, at least for me, I won't be looking down the proverbial barrell of a gun - I just started and I have about 70 pounds to lose. That's intimidating, and sometimes I just feel like I'll never get it off, and I give up. Then I get real, get back to eating right, and lose a few more pounds. Just keep starting over, and sooner or later, we'll get there!!

Goddess Jessica 03-11-2003 07:28 PM

NO WONDER I'VE BEEN DOING SO GOOD!

I told you, the ying and yang of dieting. :)

Get back on that bandwagon girl! Sometimes we need a break to reevaluate why we want what we want so bad. When's your little one's birthday? What size do you want to be by then? How about those immortalized pictures that he'll take with him to college with him and his mommie? I thought so.... welcome back. :)

rochemist 03-11-2003 10:08 PM

Insert Bad Word Here IT! The food is behind you the rest of your life in front of you. For good or bad we are here to support you Sandi. In the big picture 2 lbs is just a drop in the old lard bucket. So come on back and let us prop you up through some good eating days! You need extra help I am here for you!!!!!!

Miss Chris

muelledk 03-12-2003 10:35 AM

Everyone has said it so elequently, so I don't want to ruin their words. I have to say, though, that I agree with every one of these ladies. No one is perfect. You are doing great, concentrate on where you have gotten. We will all fluctuate a little, so don't stress out over it. You can do this, and you have been doing so well. Don't give up.

Sandi 03-12-2003 10:38 AM

I'm back!!! I have started off the day OP. Eating a healthy breakfast, drinking my water, brought my clothes to work out and I am writing EVERYTHING down. It feels good to be back!!

Thanks for all your support! I don't know what I would do without you!

Shiela? How are you today?

AngiKL 03-12-2003 11:15 AM

Yea Sandi! Yea Sandi! Yea Sandi!