Old 08-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default I am BACK!!

Hello ladies!

I am back now! Stepped on scale this AM (it's been a few weeks) and I dropped some weight! Whooohooo! Down to 235 now. Started at 313. Oh what a difference a few pounds make! : )

Everything is falling off my shoulders. I seriously need some new clothes!

Son started back to school today, so I plan to check in here at least a few times a week.

Hope you all are having a great summer.

XOXOXOXOX
Change4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #257  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back silentarctic and Change4Life!

I've decided that this month I am going to achieve one of the mini goals that I have set for myself. I can run 1/4 of a mile right now. By the end of the month I want to be able to run a full mile. I know I can do it! I just have to actually do it! I've wanted to do this for a long time. I've never in my life been able to run a full mile, but something in me right now says I can do this. So I'm going to make it happen!
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Change4Life - So good tos ee you, you are doing spectacular.

HealthyMeWannabe - That is awesome you are so brave pushing yourself that hard.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #259  
Starting over...again!

I'm back from the office gym. I did actually jog 0.3 miles! I never thought I could do that!!!!! I'm going to get there!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #260  

Go healthymewannabe! You're an inspiration.

Just chuggin along need to really get some energy and clean up my house so I can fully commit to this, yeah for a long weekend this weekend I need it!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #261  

Default Before and Now Pics

Thought it was time to show some pictures. I have a rough time finding "before" pictures because I avoided the camera like a plague. However, I found a group shot of me at a Christmas party a few years ago. Here I am at about 315 pounds:

photo hosting

And here I am from last Friday after a painting class at 235: I am the one standing holding my painting with the salt and pepper hair.

(if you click on the 2nd picture it will enlarge...but not the first one for some reason) Who can figure out this stuff?

I just cannot believe the difference!!! Still have a long ways to go, but I am so encouraged to see the change!

Last edited by Change4Life; 08-02-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #262  

Change4Life you look spectacular!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #263  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

hello everyone! my name is Heather and I am finally approaching my first goal of 299 (at 309 last week only 10 lbs to go!) i am hoping to soon officially be eligible for this thread! - hope everyone has a great week and weekend!
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #264  
Starting over...again!

Hi and welcome Heather!

Change4Life - You look great! Well done!!!!!

Today I jogged 0.34 miles on the office treadmill, which is 0.04 more than yesterday! I can do this!

Tomorrow is going to be a difficult day. Once a month we have a huge sales meeting where all of our sales staff converges on the office and attends different meetings on new products and stuff. As of July I moved from the office team to inside sales, so I have to attend the meeting. They also feed us, and it's often fried and bad-for-you foods. I decided though to ignore the food they serve and stick with bringing my own breakfast and dinner. This will be the first time I skip the office buffet line and bring my own. It's not going to be easy, but I can do it! I heard a quote one time: "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels." I'll never get to my goals eating the unhealthy mess. I have to remember how good I'm going to feel when I am a normal weight and not what I am now! Nope, no office food for me tomorrow!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #265  

S/C/G: .

Height: 5'4

I am new here. I am at 314 right now but will be in the 200's soon enough! I am not going for x pounds by x date type of goal right now. I just want to form better habits in general. Losing weight would be a PERFECT side effect though.
My goals for August:
1. Cook dinner at home and take leftovers for lunch next day.
2. Break the QuikTrip addiction. I am constantly going to QuikTrip (convenience store) for drinks and often times sneak in a snack that I do not need. Now, if I genuinely put myself in a pickle I can get a snack like peanuts or beef jerky, but thats it. I just did that Tuesday when I did laundry. I had such a busy day my lunch wasn't substantial enough so I grabbed some peanuts.
3. leads in to what HealthyMeWannabe is saying below. That's why I quoted her. At work there are always goodies, snacks, candy, chocolate, etc. at least every week and often times daily. My goal is to avoid all that nonsense. Cause I don't need it. I often times use a rough day as an excuse to get a piece of chocolate. Well, guess what? I work with special needs children and it's possible every day is going to be rough. So I need to find another vice for that issue. Preferrably a non-food one. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyMeWannabe View Post
Hi and welcome Heather!

Change4Life - You look great! Well done!!!!!

Today I jogged 0.34 miles on the office treadmill, which is 0.04 more than yesterday! I can do this!

Tomorrow is going to be a difficult day. Once a month we have a huge sales meeting where all of our sales staff converges on the office and attends different meetings on new products and stuff. As of July I moved from the office team to inside sales, so I have to attend the meeting. They also feed us, and it's often fried and bad-for-you foods. I decided though to ignore the food they serve and stick with bringing my own breakfast and dinner. This will be the first time I skip the office buffet line and bring my own. It's not going to be easy, but I can do it! I heard a quote one time: "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels." I'll never get to my goals eating the unhealthy mess. I have to remember how good I'm going to feel when I am a normal weight and not what I am now! Nope, no office food for me tomorrow!
Every month we have a potluck type of lunch at work and its kind of buffet style. The food is almost never healthy. So a fellow teacher and I are going to start bringing our own food on those days. I know people will scoff but our health is not worth it!! My hopes are that the meal I bring can be a back-up or supplementary to what they're having. Like sometimes it's taco bar. I could totally do taco bar if I bring my own baked chips and choose chicken over beef, etc. But we'll see. Good luck!!
playfullyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #266  
Starting over...again!

playfullyme - Oh I feel your pain regarding food at work! I work for a food distributor so there is ALWAYS food around. Cakes, pies, cookies, pastries...you name it, we've had it in the office. And sadly this happens 2-3 times a week. Today for example, I went to take something to one of our merchandisers and sitting atop one of the large recycle bins across from her office were two boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Now I am not a fan of Krispy Kreme, but the fact that they were there annoyed me even if I wasn't tempted. Why, just because we work for a food distributor, do we have to have unhealthy snacks around all the time? So not cool! Oh well. Of such is life. I guess just because I am trying to lose weight doesn't mean the rest of the world is so I have to deal with it. Suck it up and move on! The doughnuts can add pounds to someone else's waistline, not mine.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #267  

S/C/G: .

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyMeWannabe View Post
playfullyme - Oh I feel your pain regarding food at work! I work for a food distributor so there is ALWAYS food around. Cakes, pies, cookies, pastries...you name it, we've had it in the office. And sadly this happens 2-3 times a week. Today for example, I went to take something to one of our merchandisers and sitting atop one of the large recycle bins across from her office were two boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Now I am not a fan of Krispy Kreme, but the fact that they were there annoyed me even if I wasn't tempted. Why, just because we work for a food distributor, do we have to have unhealthy snacks around all the time? So not cool! Oh well. Of such is life. I guess just because I am trying to lose weight doesn't mean the rest of the world is so I have to deal with it. Suck it up and move on! The doughnuts can add pounds to someone else's waistline, not mine.

Another day of NO QT runs and cooking meals at home! Victory!!
playfullyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #268  

Height: 5'8.5"

For a while I had a great solution to the "junk food at work" situation. A coworker was also trying to eat healthfully so she and I had a "deal." Every once in a while (quite often) we would bring each other a healthful snack, so you never knew in the morning if you were going to get a "surprise" peach or something on your desk. I would also take her bowls of my special "mega-veggie slaw" or we would bring some healthful treat we had made. It was fun; unfortunately she transferred to another office but it was really nice while it lasted. Perhaps some of you could find others in your work places who don't want the junk food and make such an arrangement.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:53 AM   #269  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm so happy to see you all here! Welcome back Silent and Change! I missed you! And a big welcome to our newbies! Congratulations for getting here!

Donna, you're looking fabulous! Well done!

I've been busy with work over the last couple weeks. I'm still trying to figure out how to balance home life, work at the studio and work at my business. I've been taking business classes on the weekends too. And riding the broomstick around my house getting my boys to stop making my life harder and to take responsibility for their own stuff. I'm exhausted!

But I feel good. My foot is still giving me problems, but the ligament is getting better. Now I have to work at the plantar fasciitis thing more. It's all about stretching my feet out and wearing the right supportive but terribly not sexy shoes.

I joined up with three other online friends from another support group and we're doing a three-week challenge, not to lose weight (although that's happening), but to set a minimum of what we want to achieve weekly with our weight training workouts and our daily calories. It's been great to connect with them on Facebook. (They are so funny! We talk trash with each other. It's all good natured fun.) They're all younger and MUCH fitter than I am, like insanely fit, but it's great to see how they struggle daily with calories and fitting in workouts as well. Really, ladies, the skinny girls struggle with calories-in-calories-out too!

This past week I've worked out twice a day, except Sunday, some combination of Pilates, cardio and weight training. I am so tired and achy, but I feel strong and good. My mission is to have the muscles in place when I achieve goal weight and then get that excess skin removed to show off my hard work.

Next week I'm off to Big Sur for a writing retreat. Will be walking on the beach daily and I'm packing along my gear for some weight training and Pilates on the beach. So excited! So I'll come back by later in the week. Hoping that I'll have Internet access but not sure if I will.

Have a lovely weekend!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #270  

Default Looking to October

It's official. We're going on a cruise!

October 8 - 13th! Woot!!

It's supposed to be my "100 pound weight loss celebration" Not really sure I'll make it, but I'll be close. My hubby is giving me $10 for every pound, and instead of using it for just me, thought it would be nice to have us all make a memory and go on a cruise together.

Plus we moved from Orlando to TN 5 years ago, and have not been back. I've been pretty quiet with my old friends about my weight loss, so it is going to be fun to see their reaction! : )

Goal is to lose 10 pounds in August and 10 in September. Would be so nice if I could do it!

Have a great weekend. It's Friday and I've got a full docket today!

((((((((((((((((())))))))))))) to all!