3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Working for Onederland - 299 to 200 - Part 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/255032-working-onederland-299-200-part-3-a.html)

silentarctic 04-27-2012 01:26 PM

Georgia - xo Xo my former twinny glad you are doing better.

martini - How are you holding up girly?

Kelly - Hope you are doing well, I think the 5k with your daughter wil be super fun.

I'm doing "okay" with eating I ate mostly fruit and veggies yesterday and I'm doing the same today then I need to start cutting down on volume and saying no to myself. I have to go grocery shopping and then cook tonight, the rest of my weekend is swamped. Helping a friend with a community event her work is putting on tomorrow, plus a birthday party. Possibly a hike and soccer on sunday. So tonight HAS to be a clean the house and get ready for next week night. I need to make some soups i've been eating premades and while they are yummy there is just TOO much salt I can FEEL it.

geoblewis 04-28-2012 10:55 AM

Silent :hug:, we're still twinnies! We're sisternal twins! :D We're both still here and we can probably share clothes!

My backside is refusing to drop weight, again. And when a glob of fat slips past the guard, my body hangs on to the next glob for dear life. I've been getting pretty good with the Atkins plan, but I had a huge appetite for the first week. One day I ate up to 2700 calories. I've been slowly inching down by a hundred calories a day and finally arrived at just over 2000 calories yesterday. Kept my carb intake really low consistently over the last week too, and finally got back to 292.5 yesterday morning. And yesterday, I ate lower again, with both carbs and calories, but this morning I'm up 2 lbs again. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...c/wallbash.gif

Going shopping this weekend. Actually, going mall-walking this weekend with my son, looking for deals for my summer travel wardrobe. And I hope to find some really sophisticated things to wear in London and fun things to wear in Scotland that don't scream "tourist". And I may just get everything in a small size so that I will be motivated to cut more calories. I have four weeks till I leave. Let's see what I can accomplish.

I'm feeling better and better. I will be getting back to Pilates this week! Yippee!!!

Have a lovely weekend!

martini 04-28-2012 05:44 PM

I spent my week almost entirely off plan, binged on fried chicken last night, am constipated because my TOM is around the corner... and on and on. So it comes as no surprise that 249 showed up on the scale this morning. I'm up almost 5lb from last week.

Stupid scale. Stupid going off plan. Stupid TOM.

I'm very glad to see that everyone else is doing well, but I'm just not feeling it today.

On a much happier note, I have yet another new job. This will be my third job in two years and this time in a new country (but still in Asia). I'll be moving in late July/early August and I'm doing it with mixed feelings. The job is awesome and the new location is great. The sad thing is that I've been very happy where I'm at and I'm sad to leave the friends that I've made here. I think the bigger question is how in the world I'm going to manage the transition without eating my way through it. I'm feeling like the cookie monster at the moment and that's not the best place to be emotionally.

ladygirl99 04-29-2012 09:58 AM

Hi guys and gals. I haven't been around in the last few weeks.
I just want to report that I am officially out of the 200s, today I am 195
Woohoo!!! Very excited it's been a long time coming very tough year, and
I did it. I will see you guys and gals at the 190s thread. :)

Meka150 04-29-2012 01:08 PM

Congratulations ladygirl99!!! You're almost at 100lbs. Two goals in one :)

I am hoping to be there by this time next year. I am currently fighting to not see the 280s on my scale. My first mini goal is 275 I will be down 29lbs. :carrot: (This is the exact dance I will be doing when I reach it.) :D

qtapostolic 04-29-2012 07:38 PM

hey everybody, I did it, I hit 199.8 yesterday and it was confirmed at 199.0 today, so I know it wasn't a fluke!
Congrats LadyGirl! I guess I"ll have to find you in the 190's thread:D
Georgia I will have to pop back every once n a while to see how you're doing. You've inspired me-I love reading your post because you're real and share your life with us in a special way. I wanted to mention my sister's journey because I'm hoping it may help you...She lost 70lbs and then hit a wall and just maintained for over a year even though she still had another 100 to lose. Then she started gaining again and it scared her but she just kept messing up her plan to go in the right direction. So, a couple weeks ago she was challenged to go on a very strict diet for just One Week... only power foods and stay in her pt. range (WW) She really struggled but kept telling herself it was only one week. She lost 7.8lbs in that week and her cravings have lessened. So, now she's feeling confident and going for the next 100. I know you are dealing with health issues which make losing weight hard so I'm not saying you should do exactly what she did. You know you're body but I'm just hoping it can inspire a thought maybe?:shrug: luv n luck to you:hug:

Misti in Seattle 04-29-2012 08:08 PM

Kelly! YYYYYAYAAAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYY I am so proud of you and happy for you! Way to gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Misti in Seattle 04-29-2012 08:09 PM

Oh and I am just reading up and see that several of you have just hit Onederland! Congrats to all

silentarctic 04-30-2012 01:09 PM

Yeah Ladygirl and Kelly - Congrats, you girls are doing so fabuously! If you dissapear from here I'll miss ya!

martini - Aw hope you do well with the move, I know moving is so stressful, and leaving friends behind etc. but the new oportunities will make it worth it i hope.

I'm doing badly ladies, I went for a 9km walk yesterday but no change in the scale, boo on that, my eating wasn't bad either. The only day it was "out of control" was saturday. But yeah... just a little frustrated, I can walk all week and no changes. My "Pre-training" plan doesn't seem to be helping with weight loss. Although I thought I would be more sore from the 9Km walk , only my feet are sore so unless I have a bad case of the DOMS (will see tomorrow I guess) I did allright, at the pace we were walking (and it was slow because we had to keep wading through stretches of snow/slush on the road. I could still finish 21 Km in the 6 hours so on a clear road I know I could finish it is just a matter of pace (and it will be hotter there so I will need to be in better shape to handle that).

It's a new week, hope to see a drop on the scale next week even if its just a lb or two i need some positive re-inforcement i am getting really down and slightly depressed its making it all the much harder to try and stick to. :-\

silentarctic 05-02-2012 01:48 PM

Hey Girls, Anyone still around? Hows it going?

Rough week maintain again I think a little frustrating because I have stepped it up but I guess I need to practice more lol :) I did end up having some left over bad breakfast from coworkers so that's probably why I'm staying static little off plan indulgences like that. :|

geoblewis 05-02-2012 06:07 PM

Hey twiney! I'm here. I've been busy with life in general, but having a moment while waiting for the doctor now and he's got wifi and I've got my Kindle! I love technology!

Okay, so I've lost all my weight gain from the diabetes meds plus a little more. Sunday is official weigh in day for me, but I still hop on that scale every morning to keep me honest. 292 lbs!

Oooops....here he comes. Catch you later.

Okay, now I'm at home. Silent, don't let that scale tell you the 9 km walk didn't mean anything, because it did! Stick to the progress you're making and you'll find your success in it. You may be at a point of resistance, where your body doesn't want to give up anything. But keep at it and it will, eventually.

For me, I see brief spurts of weight loss that make me so hopeful, then difficult plateaus that really mess with my resolve. I'm constantly switching up what I'm doing, but now I really have to stick with the Atkins thing because of my insulin sensitivity and blood sugar issues. Just one slice of high fiber bread messes me up for 24 hours. I don't like having to be so strict and structured! makes me want to rebell and eat chocolate cake!

Take care!

martini 05-02-2012 10:24 PM

I'm putting away my scale for a month. I got on yesterday, saw 252.2lb, and thought, wtf? My period started. I'm feeling less bloated. I'm back on plan. I'll let things take their natural course because the numbers are starting to mess with me. If they're high, I'm dismayed. If they're low, I start freaking out about losing weight. So I'm not going to deal with it right now.

kelly - Hurrah for reaching onederland!! That's great!!

silentarctic - Damn scale. Boo!!

georgia - Hang in there with the blood sugar stuff. I know it's not easy as I just went nuts on fried chicken a few days and have had to deal with the ups and downs that came after that! Let's both just keep on going through the motions whether we want to or not!

2thinme 05-02-2012 10:53 PM

Hey Everyone, Id love to find onederland with you all..Ive actually been there before but I left and lost my way and then didnt remember what road I took....now...im just trying to find it again....I really liked it there :)

geoblewis 05-03-2012 01:22 AM

Oh Martini...the scourge of the fried chicken! I can't even drive in the direction of KFC in my town because I get it bad. It's been a long time since I had some, but I can easily put away a bucket all by myself.

My youngest and I were at the store tonight. He said, "Mom, you know what we haven't had in a really long time? Garlic bread."

"You know I can't go there, son. And I can't even have it in the house. Put that on your list of what you're going to get when you're with your father." I imagine his list is quite long now. I really can't have that stuff in the house. The other night, I cooked some fettucini carbonara for dinner for my son and you know I had to taste it. It's a good thing I only cooked just enough for his dinner, because it was THAT GOOD!

I wonder if I'll ever get to be around these foods and just be at peace in their presence. Like being at peace in my mother's presence. It's just never going to happen!

I'm going to bed!

lilywinsit 05-03-2012 02:21 AM

Dropping in to say "Hi", I have been reading some of the postings and can see that you are caring group of people working and encouraging each other along the way to our healthy weight.

I just went out and bought a new scale yesterday, because the old one required me to step on it 6 - 8 times in order to get a weight ... having 2 or 3 times at the same number so I know how much I weigh. Silly how fast I could go from Wow to Defeated.