Old 04-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 272.4/257.0/199

Height: 5'7"

its so good to be back! well i was working very hard everyday for a while and im glad to say I got down to 259 again on my own by doing so! then I bounced way up on friday for some odd reason, i woke up got on my scale and it said 263!!! i almost cried! but it didnt change that i worked hard staying on plan, walking, everything as planed. friday night i told Don my belly felt "off"... sat ALL day i spent more time on the toilet than off, sat morning i was 265lbs, sun morning i was 261lbs... all day sun, i would sleep, if i wasnt sleeping i was in the bathroom. monday rolled around, i kid you not if i drank a sip of water, id be on the toilet for 20 mins! so come mon afternoon, im weak, dehydrated, tired. i was getting up the strangth to go to the hospital when i spiked a fever so high- 103.7! i was too cold and sore to move so i just slept.
i woke up at about 10pm and was... fine! my stomach still didnt like me much but it was as mad as before, no fever nothing. so i drank like 5 glasses of gatorade and some bottles of water then went to bed. woke up today (tues) weighed 257lbs!!! as happy as i am i lost all that weight, I liked it better when i was working for it than when i was ill lol! i had to eat and drink very light all day, i did eat a nice dinner though (it was very off my normal plan, but my body needed more than usual this time around) so i hope tomorrow i can get back on with things. after i ate tonight i did have a bit of a stomach ache and it was making some god awful noises! I was afraid to eat greens of any kind today lol..
Im just happy to be feeling better, and my children (who are on spring break, someone say some prayers for me this week! they had 10days off, we are now down to 6 left) are not understanding the fact that mom is/was sick... cuz even when mom is sick mom still does it all... NOT this time! they were at such a loss! well at least not on monday, sunday i still went out and finished up my easter shopping lol it just took me a while and i spent more time in the bathroom than the store. John McClane hasn't got anything on this lady (a little die hard humor) monday however, i couldnt even get up enough engery to take myself to the hospital which is honestly where i should have been lol... go figure!
I am SURE my scale will bounce back up a bit, in fact for just this once i kind of hope it does. But the fact of the matter is, i got on it, it read 257! im counting it like it or not lol!! now that im out of the woods of being dangerously dehydrated i can laugh about it and tell yall im keeping my 257 up no matter what! lol
on a more serious level, i had the time tonight to look over posts ive missed and im SO glad to see you all are having such great progress, and it has helped set the mood for the days to come. im ready for my treadmill again (believe it or not, i tried to get on it mon and Don had to stop me) im ready for healthy foods and good choices... im ready for normal bodily functions!!!! Im ready for wed! because tomorrow? first thing im gonna do is drink a cup of coffee.. i havent had coffee since fri morning and i may not make another day (esp. with the kids all on vacation)! THIS wed is a REAL HUMP day, its gonna be the turning point of this whole event and bring me back in my game swinging away and i am SO ready!!!
reena lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 318/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default On the move!!

The scale is moving again!!

251!!

Hallelujah!!! Ready to leave the 250's in the dust!!!
Change4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:19 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Height: 5'5

Default Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the site and my WLJ I'd love to join you all on your journeys. I have been overweight 90% of my life and I'm ready for a change. I started at 291 and am currently down 16 lbs. I'm on my way to my first goal of 250 by my birthday in July.
Meka150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #79  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

Donna so glad to here you're moving again!

Reena I'd take that 257 too!

Meka Congrats on the first 16!

I am so close to Onederland, but TOM is stalling my progress at the moment. I should get there by the end of the month though well, as long as I behave through Easter, my son's first b-day, and my own b-day too, Knowing how close I am to 199 should be a nice incentive when the buttercream frosting calls my name
qtapostolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #80  

Default Drumroll Please

Went to Goody's tonight searching for the right tie for my hubby for Easter Sunday (We'er all dressing in navy and yellow). i strolled through the women's department, and saw some wonderful dress pants. Decided to try them on. Ladies and Gentlemen....We are no longer a 30 or 28 or 26 or 24...We are a 22! And they were comfortable! I'm so excited!!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Height: 5'5

Had too revamp my numbers because i bought a digital scale which said I weighed 287.6 instead of 275, oh how I now love that old scale. Oh well new day time to get moving.
Meka150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #82  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

SW: 295
CW: 248 (-47)
GW: 199

47 lbs down, 49 lbs to go.

Last edited by CaliforniaDreamer; 06-24-2012 at 03:31 PM.
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #83  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

Donna I'm so happy for you! gotta love those NSVs!
qtapostolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #84  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

What a wonderful feeling!! Great work!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change4Life View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen....We are no longer a 30 or 28 or 26 or 24...We are a 22! And they were comfortable! I'm so excited!!
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #85  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Sorry, I'm new, what does NSVs stand for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtapostolic View Post
I'm so happy for you! gotta love those NSVs!
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahFairhope View Post
Sorry, I'm new, what does NSVs stand for?
NSV=Non-scale victories
Old 04-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #87  
MG #1: lose back that 10#

Height: 5'5"

I said no to the bread pudding last night. I swear, bread pudding is my doooooom.
loofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 334/304.8/165

Height: 5'9

^I said no to lemon cake because I can eat about three slices. However, I had sliver of this chocolate cheesecake I made.YUM! Funny, I didn't binge on Easter but the day before and it is showing up on the scale. Oh well...
ChouKoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #89  
science nerd

S/C/G: 302/ticker/151

Height: 5'8"

Ugh, I am at a really annoying plateau right now! My weight has't changed for about 3 weeks. I tried upping my calories for a few days, but there's still no change. I'm seriously thinking of switching back to low-carb for a week or two to see if I can get the scale moving again.
shadowclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #90  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey chickies. Sorry to have been MIA from here for a bit. I've been really concentrating on the diabetes stuff lately, going to diabetes support forums (yes, I been cheating on ya'll!) and dealing with issues surrounding new medications.

Hope you're all well and happy. I'm seeing progress here for some, frustrations for others, and some new names to be welcomed. Glad you're all here!

I have seven weeks till my summer trip to Scotland. As of this morning, I was at 295 lbs. I am royally annoyed that my weight isn't down 10 lbs from there. I was hoping to weigh about 280 lbs when I get on the plane, but that's obviously not going to happen. My struggles are with not being able to exercise much because the medication I'm on makes me really dizzy. All I can do consistently is walk, but there are mornings when I wake up with my head swimming and all I want to do is stay in bed. Today I went for my weekly private training session and my trainer really worked me hard. That was six hours ago and my legs still feel like rubber! I took my dog to the dog park and we walked a bit more about an hour ago. I hope I can sleep well tonight.

I miss my Pilates class...A LOT! When I stayed consistent with Pilates, I always slept well. Maybe I'll try to do some tonight before bed.

So, my biggest issue is still that I'm eating too much. I'm not saying that I'm overeating, because for a normal person my size, at my calorie intake, I should be losing at a faster rate. But with the type 2 diabetes and the PCOS and the insulin resistance, I am so screwed when it comes to getting the weight off. I have some days when I can cut calories down to around 1200, and when I have two or three of those in a row, the weight starts to come off. But I also have a day here and there when I eat 1800 to 2200 calories and the weight comes right back on. I should be able to maintain at that level, but I can't.

I've been to see the doc recently and I'm going back Friday to get results. I'm on medication to help me deal with the IR and the type 2 diabetes, but the side effects are real buggers for me. I've been testing my blood sugar up to eight times a day. I find that if I can control my blood sugar through the night and into the morning, plus keep calories to a minimum, I will lose weight. That means having really low carbs and low protein at dinner, a handful of raw almonds in the middle of the night, and getting up right away to have an almost zero carb breakfast. I seem to be able to get away with higher (not high) carbs and protein at lunch, so that's my bigger meal now.

I don't trust myself to maintain that sort of control consistently. I've had to remove all tempting carbs from sight. I've had to stock my refrigerator with foods that are quick and easy to prepare. I'm measuring out everything. If I want to succeed at this, I can't go out between now and the trip. But I'm going to get bored and edgy. I'm going to face days when I haven't slept well and I want to make up for it with pancakes! (And I don't even like pancakes!)

Like today, I kept breakfast really small (a zucchini and an egg), ate a bowl of vegetable soup and a tuna salad for lunch, had a handful of almonds a little later. Then around 4 I started getting really punchy and edgy, but I couldn't nap because I was chauffering my son to his tutor, etc. So I caved and grabbed a Starbucks coffee with half and half and an oatmeal cookie. And that got me going again till dinner, which was a little more salad and a lean ground beef patty. And by my calculations, that cost me about 1900 calories! If I had managed to pass on the cookie and coffee, I'd have come in under 1500 calories and I'd have felt great about that. It takes so little to mess up my efforts!

It's been an hour since I ate dinner. My blood sugar is 121. I'm satisfied with that. It means my time at the dog park was good for me and I burned up some of the carbs from the cookie. So maybe doing an hour of Pilates before bed will help me drop that even lower, I can take my medication and that'll help too, and the handful of almonds at 2 a.m. will keep my liver from dumping glucose into my body before I wake up.

I am happy with my attitude in the face of all this. I'm not giving up! There is no going back to the old ways. I will just keep making the good choices and keep moving forward. If I don't lose another pound before I leave for Scotland, what am I going to do, cancel the trip? Not have a good time? NO! I'll be disappointed with my inability to move forward at a pace that I was hoping for, and then I'll pack my suitcases with my current wardrobe and go walk off my backside in Edinburgh and the surrounding countryside.

So, I'll check in again soon. Let's keep plugging along, girlfriends! Because the alternative, quitting, is not even close to being considered!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote