3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 03-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #31
Walking the Journey

S/C/G: 307/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

I am so stuck and complacent. I seem to think not gaining is the same as still losing. I'm Still at 243 and my exercising has ceased to exist due to college stress and a million other excuses. I really REALLY need a kick in the priorities pants.

Why is it that when life gets crazy we put ourselves at the bottom of the list? I mean, sometimes it's a very nice way to excuse yourself out of things you really don't want to be doing (even if they are good for you). But I LOVE juicing. I LOVE to work out. I LOVE learning to run.

I live with my parents currently while my partner finishes his Economics degree (he graduates this week!!!!) My parents, both diabetic and one with congestive heart failure, have been lapsing into having cheesecake and cookies and other crap in the house. When I'm all strong and on fire about this weight loss journey, its like I don't even see that crap (although I HATE that they feed it to my children when I'm not around). But this morning I got up and had THREE nasty big butter cookies with my morning cup of coffee. What happened to the girl who would wake up, work out, and Juice?

I get to go to the gym today (be gone, vile butter cookies!!!) but what I need is some sort of way to respark my excitement about me and this healthy lifestyle I'm chosing. I've always been the biggest woman in the family, so often I thought (at my heaviest) "If I could only get down to a size 18/20 I'd be happy because that's what is 'normal' in my family." Now I'm there and it's almost like I'm letting that idea (burned into my head for the last decade +) give me permission to just quit. But let's be honest... 243 lbs (though worlds away from 307) is not healthy enough for my body or me.

So - any ideas on how to restart my motivation for this? 1 positive thing - Mr Kiki gets home in a week, so there will be more time for working out. I'm really hoping that helps, but unless I get motivated, I don't think it will solve it.

- Kiki
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure , the process is its own reward."
~ Amelia Earhart

Wyllowbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #32
The Future is Bright!

Wyllowbelle What works for me when I need to re-motivate is going out and buying stuff related to the lifestyle I'm trying to cultivate. I find books work the best for me personally and have the added benefit of not breaking the bank, but something else might work better for you. What matters is you get a shiny new toy and that helps to turn loosing weight back into a game!
Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #33

S/C/G: 318/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default F R U S T R A T I O N ! ! !

The past week I have been angelic! I mean, since starting this journey in September, I've stayed on plan (with the exception of a few days at Christmas) but I've added exercise and more water and moved my main meal to lunch rather than dinner. Been eating tons of salad and veggies.

Seriously dedicated. Hoping make the scale move, but alas...it has not. Over 3 weeks at the same weight and a slap in the face...I'm up a pound!!!

I just don't get it.

I will keep on, but I feel like I'm destined to be at 255 the rest of my life.

Change4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #34
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Kiki and Donna, I seriously identify with how both of you feel. I like the discussion of factors that keep us going, moving forward. What we're doing here is hard, not because of what we're doing, but the emotional effort seems to be overwhelming at times
We pour ourselves into the exercise, cutting calories, measuring our bodies in so many different ways, as well as the food...and even when it seems like we are doing quite a lot, there's always one more thing we think we can tweak to get that number on the scale to move in the right direction. We know that giving up and going back is not an option. It just isn't. Nobody chooses that consciously.

It's our state of mind that we're working on here in the long haul. If we can figure out how to tap into finding a peace of mind in the midst of this process, if we can find and maintain real joy in ourselves as we are, then when we achieve our weight goals, we'll arrive with all the tools we need to be happy when we get there, as well as maintaining that all along the way. Believe me when I tell you there's plenty of thin people who are miserable with who they are in their thin states.

It's okay to be dissatisfied with the number on the scale. As long as it doesn't color your whole world view. I don't know why the weight loss doesn't happen when we're being perfect. But I do know that we're unhappy and seriously frustrated when we don't get the instant gratification for our Herculean efforts. We think the scale is the only measurement that validates what we're doing. WE know what we put into this. I'm certainly not going to let a mechanical device tell me how to feel about that! I will keep getting mad at it when it doesn't tell me what I want, but it doesn't define me in any way.

Figure out how to be happy in the moment. Live with integrity and authenticity and you'll remain in that state of joy along your entire path towards your goal weight...and beyond! You have all the power. The scale has none!

geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #35
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

SW: 295
CW: 254 (-41)
GW: 199

41 lbs down, 55 lbs to go.
☑ 1:299 (out of 300s) 12/6/17
☑ 2:289 (lost 50lbs) 12/31/17
☐ 3:239 (100lbs lost!)
☐ 4:225 (first goal weight)
☐ 5:203 (no longer obese)
☐ 6:175 (ultimate goal weight)
☑☐

Last edited by CaliforniaDreamer; 06-24-2012 at 03:30 PM.
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #36

Default Calorie Zig Zag

So I have a plan.

I reread some of my posts. Back in November I was on a 2 - 3 week plateau. I got off of it by zig zagging calories. Meaning, you add up how many calories you are supposed to eat over a 4 - 5 day period, and eat low - high - low - high - low. The idea is to trick your metabolism to get it cranking.

Since yesterday was a low day, I used today as a high day (oh.my.gosh. I feel like such a glutton!!) Tomorrow will be low, and Tuesday high, etc. I will weigh Thursday and HOPEFULLY see a result. In November when I did this I lost 6 pounds.

While looking over my last couple of weeks (Ive actually been at the same weight for a MONTH!!) I see that I'm never even reaching the top of my allowed calories, plus I'm burning more with walking and exercise. I wonder if my body has gone into starvation mode and imaybe that is why.

We will see what happens by Thursday!! I promise to post.

Last edited by Change4Life; 03-26-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #37

S/C/G: 334/304.8/165

Height: 5'9

Hi! Can I join?

I've been lurking this group for a while and got about 150 to lose. I'm going to try change4life's method because I have been stuck in the 300's for a month!!! I'm a step away from the 299's.

For every 5lbs lost

ChouKoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:08 AM   #38
Renaissance Woman

ChouKoe...of course you can join! When I weigh in at home, I'm below 300 lbs. But at my doctor's office, it weighs me at just over. I hate that! So I keep my focus on the lower number and I don't feel so defeated.

Donna, I hope the zigzagging gives you what you're looking for. From what I've been reading lately from the sciency people, real starvation mode doesn't really come into play unless you've depleated all your fat reserves. You've been exercising and that will build muscle, which will increase your metabolism. Just a little. I like the idea of keeping your body guessing with the calories. Because to wants to find a steady state and hang on to every ounce, just in case there's a famine!

I was quite naughty this evening! Two margarita's, tortilla chips, lots of Mexican eats at my nephew's party. I danced, but not nearly enough! I already feel bloated and my hands feel puffy. I'm really scared to weigh in when I get home! Maybe I'll ask my son to hide the scale from me before I get home. I really don't want to get discouraged!

I miss my bed. I miss my computer!

Last edited by geoblewis; 03-26-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #39
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

well I posted here about a week ago, needing a kick in the pants, and i guess I got what I needed, lol, cuz I've stayed on plan and lost all that nasty poundage I gained on my trip! I'm even less now than when I left My goal for this month was to be 205 and I'm at 206.8 with a few days left to go, yay! I think April will be my Onederland month! Just in time for my b-day on the 27th.
I've wanted to just give up so many times when the scale seemed to bounce and not give but 3FC has given me the extra kick I've needed to keep going and i'm SO happy I have! I've lost 10% now and feel so much better already. I know it can be so discouraging to feel like all the hard work is for nothing, but we have to remind each other that it's not for nothing, we are getting healthier, our waist are getting smaller, and eventually the scale will catch up with a nice whoosh!
I've avoided posting a few times when I knew I wasn't doing so great, but when I finally "faced the music" it really helped me get back on track I want to give a big thank you to all you ladies who have shown the courage to put yourselves 'out there' on this forum. I love it here!

One for each 5 lbs. I lose!

Each of My Goals marks a mile stone for me-
1st-219-Met Feb. 2, 2012, 2nd-199-Met April 28,2012, 3rd-180(halfway), 4th-168 (no longer obese), 5th-149 (previous lowest Adult weight-before babies!), 6th 140 (no longer overweight) and Final-130
qtapostolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #40

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I'm dying here. Seriously. I think I might croak in my sleep from lack of oxygen. We had some record breaking heat last week and now all the plants are starting to bud early. Now we are under freeze advisories and my head is a mess. My nose is so plugged up I can't even get my neti pot to clear it for a few minutes. I've tried all the allergy meds in the house as well as the cold meds.

I'm trying hard to focus my housing frustration issues towards more activity instead of food. I'm not losing that battle but I'm not winning either. I have been getting regular walks so that is good. I've even upped my weekly walking commitment.

If I'm feeling better Wednesday morning I'll give you a text Kelly about walking together. Off to curl up on the couch to sleep so I don't wake DH up.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #41

Default So much for exercise

Bought a new Bike. It's a beauty! One of the retro cruisers. Took it out for a spin yesterday. When I was getting off of it, my pant leg got caught and I lost control and I came crashing down along with the bike. Thank God no one was there watching.

I'm on Plavix, so the blood was pouring from my elbow. I hurt my knee and have a bruise the size of a grapefruit on the back of my thigh.

Taking today off to heal. Bummer.

The good thing is I took the brunt of the fall. The bike didn't get a scratch!
: )

Old 03-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #42
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

Sorry you got hurt Donna Injuries is why I've had to learn to count on my diet for weight loss. 6 yrs ago I depended on tons of exercise and still ate whatever I wanted so when I hurt my back and knee, the weight came flooding back

I'm getting so close to onederland! It makes me want to fight!

zinkemom this weather has been playing with my head too, hope ur feeling better soon! I have to leave town for Wed. but hopefully we can get together Fri? I'll text you about it! I love walking with you cuz you push me!

One for each 5 lbs. I lose!

Each of My Goals marks a mile stone for me-
1st-219-Met Feb. 2, 2012, 2nd-199-Met April 28,2012, 3rd-180(halfway), 4th-168 (no longer obese), 5th-149 (previous lowest Adult weight-before babies!), 6th 140 (no longer overweight) and Final-130
qtapostolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #43
1 Goal 240 2nd Goal 195

S/C/G: 334.6/262.6/240

Height: 5'9"

Hey! Looks like i will fit in here also! ( hope nobody minds )
Ive been on a weightloss journey for a year, and i have lost 69 pounds, will be 70 pounds hopefully this week. I have been looking for some wonderful ladies to cheer on, and i need a little inspiration myself sometimes lol. Im 38, ive got 3 teenagers in the house and a 4 year old (the 4 year old keeps everyone in check LOL) Im trying to come up with a before and in progress picture, trouble is i didnt really (and still dont) like pictures taken of myself.
ksails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #44

ksails

We all need a cheering section.

I've lost about the same amount, and have been stuck at 255 - 256 for a month. DRIVING ME CRAZY. If I ever see the 240's I think I may faint.

Hope you hit that -70 soon!!

Donna

Old 03-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #45
Renaissance Woman

ksails, caught you on the diabetes forum. Welcome to our group here. I'm new to the diabetes forum, but I think I'm the old girl here.

I'm just back from L.A. My blood sugar readings are telling on me and my indulgences over the weekend. Actually didn't do too badly. Didn't gain anything. It was a good break from life at home. But I'm very happy to get back on track today.

About to head out for Pilates. Have a lovely day!