Old 03-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Bummer 202 this morning. Had a late snack..probably why. Took the kids out today around our little town on our bikes. Whew, it is hot out there! lol
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

Hi all! I guess this is where I belong. *sheepish*

Last year I lost 35 pounds calorie counting, but then I moved out into my own place, started working two jobs and kind of lost focus. I'm back exactly where I started. I guess my NSV is that I didn't gain it back PLUS.

So I'm starting South Beach for a a change. See how I like that. I skimmed through the pages on this thread to get a feel for all you lovely people.

Quote:
DH's onion rings smelled so great but I spent his entire meal time reading posts on here and reminding myself that I DO NOT need onion rings.
God do I know that feeling! Last year I overheard at a party, "Where's Brenda?" and one of my friends was like, "Probably on the internet avoiding the taco dip..." I was laughing so hard, they know me so well. I was totally on here reading a thread about "reason's why i'm not going to give up." *snork* Hey whatever works, right?
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #93  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend

I am celebrating a NSV this evening. After a very long, tiring day at work with multiple frustrations, I came home and began making a healthy dinner even though I didn't want to. I was done prepping the veggies, the toppings, the dishes, and the pans to cook in for veggie chicken fajitas when EVERYTHING fell on the floor. I was grateful that I didn't cry, but I was so frustrated. All I wanted to do at that point was order pizza and call it a day. But that little voice said "Eating pizza isn't going to solve anything or help right now, just like it doesn't any other day. Eat something else and just make it simple and be done with it."
And I did.
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #94  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HEATHER ~ that happened to me one time, but it fell on my newspaper that I had just been reading -- so I still ate it; and I'm not dead from it. Thank goodness they use veggie-based ink these days, but it was only on there less than 5 seconds thanks to a quick response ...

Good for you for not caving for the pizza -- that's a victory girl!!!

VENUS ~ that's right -- it could have been worse, trust me! Many of us here can attest to that. Good NSV that you caught it at 35 lbs -- that's a very doable goal for this year.

ANGEL ~ great idea to go biking with the kiddies!

FOOD: had a hamburger (no bun) with cheeze & salad on Friday night; baked fish & salad & sliced toms Saturday night; and probably will have deli bbq spit chicken with salad for dinner tonight -- I think the cook deserves a break once in a while, but it's such a good healthy choice too.

Hope you all have a superb Sunday ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #95  

Great job Heather! I think that is the hardest thing -- when fate seems to be against us! So glad you avoided the pizza!

I actually got up early this morning and worked out for an hour!!! I took my daughter with me. Currently, she is super skinny but I want to teach her better health habits than I learned as a child.
Muggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #96  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks guys I was very proud this morning.

Also....I am happy to report that I beat my (VERY MODEST) 8 pound goal for the month! (8.6 pounds as I am up a pound today from my week low last week.) But still! I am happy that I am trying to lose 8 pounds a month instead of 10--it was just too stressful for me. And really, if I'd been able to workout for those two weeks when I was sick, I probably would have been at 10 pounds, right?

So as the saying goes....keep on keepin' on. May we all have an awesome week and show that fat who's boss.
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #97  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, everyone!

I'm afraid it's another fly-by posting for me today. Had a great OP weekend including a 5 mike walk with D17 on Saturday. Had one of those AHA! moments on Sunday when I saw the scale budge again: If I weigh myself every day I'll never seee anything but a budge. It's not like I'm going to drop a couple of pounds every day. DUH! For all my pissing and moaning about being stalled for a few weeks, I'm losing at a rate of 1.91 lbs/week. I'll take that! (Only 30 weeks to go to hit goal )

Congrats to everyone for those incredible NSVs, increases in movement and good food choices. TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #98  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone. I am back from sunny Florida (actually I got back Saturday night but I was completely useless yesterday) and back into my routine, more or less. There's a ton of work for me to catch up on, of course, but it'll get done eventually. There's no such thing as a library emergency, that's my motto.

I managed to avoid wheat while I was gone, but I couldn't completely avoid rice and I drank a glass of wine nearly every day. Also TOM started on Wednesday and will continue until this Wednesday, so I am still hovering around the 200 mark. It's super frustrating! This month has completely sucked for weight loss and I'm not sure why.

The only thing I can think of to do is go back on the very strict Whole 30 regimen for the next six weeks (until I leave for New York) and hope it works as well as it did the first time. I really wanted to be at 180 by the time my next trip rolled around, but I don't think that's realistic now. I will get as close as I can, though.

I hope you've all been doing well this past week! I am pretty hungry, but I reckon it's mostly psychological and the rest is TOM. I'll be very happy when that's over for another month.

Last edited by thistoo; 03-26-2012 at 11:36 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #99  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. I think I might live. I spent most of the weekend on the couch, trying to shake this cold. I think it is on its way out now. Still a little congested, but better. I forgot to get on the scale this morning, but I'm pretty sure it won't be good. I am looking forward to getting back on track.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:50 AM   #100  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone!

I don't know if many of you were around a few years ago when I was on this site, but I'm an epic case of a regainer... Haha. If you dig around you might find my mini-goal pictures that I posted a long time ago when I was doing really well. I lost all the way down to 178 lbs, mostly maintaining from 185-195, but then about a year and a half ago because of stress and stomach issues, I've rather rapidly packed on about 100 lbs. This morning the scale said 294.2. Yikes. 3 days ago, I started Wonderslim because I'm currently in grad school and I needed major structure to prevent myself from stress eating. At some point, I'm hoping to get back to being motivated by my weight loss more than food so that I can go back to eating healthfully on my own.

I look forward to getting to know all of you! I might not post too frequently, though, because I've got a major test coming up in a couple of weeks. Yeep!
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #101  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Lindsey, I remember you! Welcome back.

Well, yesterday I made the decision to stop the Medifast and switch over to Southbeach with calorie counting. I miss real food! Plus, Medifast wasn't working as quickly as I had hoped and it just wasn't worth it to me. I need the accountability...badly...and I need some friends on this journey who just 'get it.' So, I'll be coming here to check in each day.

Diane - So glad to hear that you are feeling a little better.

Have a great on-plan day!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #102  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi Lindsey, welcome! Good luck on your test!

Rhonda, you know I remember you saying that South Beach worked well for you. I think real food is important, so glad to hear you are switching!

Not much to say here. I think I feel good enough to go back to the gym, so heading there tomorrow morning.

How is everyone?!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #103  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Hey everyone been MIA for the last week. Lots going on finals week, 3 binges (ugh!) and a whole lot of stuff to do for moving (my boyfriend and I are moving in together). BUUTTT even with all of that I did manage to lose 2.8 lbs last week. Scale was 239 this morning !! Though...I thought I'd be more excited about it....I've been in the 240's since last august..... Hm..... I was more excited about my grades from last term. I got an A, 2 B's and a Pass (grade was pass/no pass) which means my GPA for last term was 3.11 which is honor roll! Sorry I couldn't catch up and do personals there are just so many! Ohhh NSV, I fit into an old navy XL!! Woot I'm still in an XXL in SOME of their clothes, but that's because I have a rather large chest. I think I might need to buy bra's soon too which is kind of annoying because for my cup size they are SPENDY. Anyway Be back later to check in! Keep losing relosers!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #104  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

been feelin kinda blah since i found out about the move to texas. i really don't wanna pack up the cats and move that far away. so blah that i've not been eating right because i just didn't feel like cooking.

well, today i've done a lot better. i had a pbj (with no sugar added preserves) on whole wheat, with a banana and a piece of home made cherry angel cake (80 cals!) for a total of 480 cals at lunch time, dinner will be 4oz chicken breast with bbq sauce, cheese, and onion straws (not much of each, adds about 100 cals, but that's mostly the cheese)... mixed steamed veggies and mixed fresh fruit.

edit to add: i also went to the gym, and apparently burned over 1000 calories.

Last edited by konfyoozed; 03-28-2012 at 01:20 AM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #105  

Height: 5'7"

I had a bad weekend but I am back with it and feeling good. The scales are not moving at all. I will stay the course or at least try my best to do it!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote