3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Question ~ Low Calorie Days (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/254853-question-%7E-low-calorie-days.html)

suzukigurl 03-14-2012 09:48 PM

Question ~ Low Calorie Days

I pretty much exclusively count calories and my goal is to eat between 1200-1400 calories a day. I have noticed as I have gone along in my weight loss journey I don't have the cravings like is used to and at times don't find that I get all that hungry ( or when I do eat I don't need as much to feel satisfied). I really never try to have less then the 1200 but have days where I have had all my meals and a snack and have only had 900 calories total.

So my question is when I find myself in a deficit in my calories for a day should I have an extra snack even when I am not hungry or don't feel like I need one or should I just go with only 900 or 1000 calories for that day (this seems to happen 1-2 times a week)?

SmallSteps 03-14-2012 10:06 PM

I am curious to know the answer to this also.

rainydays 03-14-2012 10:29 PM

Speaking from the perspective of someone who's lost all their weight by calorie counting--it's individual. I think it's fine to go under sometimes. If you're not hungry, you shouldn't eat. That being said, if you'd rather keep your calorie count more stable, or it's happening too frequently, then it's easy to get those extra calories without bulk, by using things like a tbsp or two of peanut butter or olive oil. HTH!

Muggles 03-14-2012 10:54 PM

I think as long as you get at least 8400 calories per week, it's okay to drop to 900 on a couple days as long as you are near 1400 on a couple of others. I wouldn't force myself to eat unless I had been under 1,000 for a few days in a row.

SMSDREAMER2007 03-15-2012 12:10 AM

Honestly I find I have a few days where I go under or waaaay under my calorie goal. Not because I'm trying to, I'm just not that hungry *Shrugs* I have even had a week or so where I was around 800-100 calories the whole week. Once in a while like 1-2 times a week is fine. Honestly it evens out. Had I gone longer than a week and still been at my 800-1000 calories total I would have forced myself to eat more or added oil/butter/ etc. Staying down there for too long without doctor supervision is not safe. But a few days a month or week? You'll be fine.

astrophe 03-15-2012 12:12 AM

Low cal is fine to lose weight, but I don't need to be getting vit/mineral deficient in the process.

For me it has to be lower calories while still meeting nutrition needs.

I wouldn't stress out about a one off day here or there dipping too low. We all get a cold or flu or tired or whatever sometimes. It happens.

But if this is chronic I'd be concerned and go get a check up to see why the lack of appetite symptom.

HTH!
A.

sensualappeal 03-15-2012 12:37 AM

Yeah I was actually wondering the same, sometimes I'll be way under my goal and I'll find myself eating JUST to eat so I meet the goal but I would be confused whether I should do it or not since I wouldn't even be hungry.

charzhazha 03-15-2012 12:59 AM

Thanks for asking, Suzukigirl, and for all the input from everyone else! I too have been wondering this.

jennybee 03-15-2012 08:09 AM

This happens to me also! A lot of the time I am not really hungry at all and will eat under 1000 calories several times a week, but I usually make it up by eating around 1400-1500 for a few days as well. Some days I am just hungrier than others!