I'm in my local paper!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was interviewed last week and the feature on me is amazing. It's for my hooping. The in print edition is so much better than the online. I mean there is at least 5 in color pictures in the piece and I'm in the corner hooping on the front!

http://www.centralkynews.com/jessami...,7358362.story
    Hopefully this may mean I can get some hoop classes going and sell more hoops!

And if you still think you may be too big for hooping, I got you covered with the article I recently wrote:
    http://www.hooping.org/2012/02/for-t...rs-everywhere/

It has had an amazing outpouring of support so far!
  • Cool! And you look gorgeous in that picture! They teach a hooping class at our local YWCA but I have been too chicken to try. This is very inspirational; thanks for posting
  • Thank you so much! I would definitely encourage you to try it at least once!

Here is the in print I just took a picture with my phone:

My husband framed it for me!
  • That's so cool!! Congrats!!
  • can't keep a hoop up for the life of me, but just had to say. you. look. FANTASTIC!! like, absolutely fantastic.
    congrats!!
  • i've always thought that looked like a lot of fun! i love the game on the wii fit, but i was never able to actually *do* it.

congrats on being famous!
  • That's just awesome!! Congrats and thank you for sharing it with us!!
  • Awesome!!! I was the hula hoop champ of my elementary school in 1962. I haven't thought of that in a LONG time.

It's great exercise!!! Carry on and congrats.
  • This is so very cool. I admire your spirit.
  • WTG! How neat!

A.
  • Very cool stuff!
  • WOW! WOW! WOW!

You're amazing! Not only being a local celeb but spreading the message of self-love, plus-size awesomeness, and creativity. I am so excited! And in central KY? Amazing. (I'm not Cincy originally).
  • That's awesome Shannon; I loved watching your videos. Btw, you have a lovely accent (I'm from Canada, so it's more noticeable to me). I used to hoop a lot when I was a kid; gee, maybe I should try it a again. Thanks for sharing this with us all here ~ YOU GO, GIRL!!!
  • Oh wow, that is SO cool!! I have been wanting to try hooping for a while, and you make it look so fun!!

And about the framing, take it to kinkos and have color copies made. They will last better than newsprint in the light. My brother has a 20 year old feature about himself done like that and it still looks good.
  • That is crazy awesome!! Such a thorough piece with all of the pics and everything! Reminded me that a good friend of mine was really into hooping for a while, will have to see if she still does it.