Have To Share.... Naan Bread Pizza

• Hi everyone
    Ok, so a friend of mine told me about Naan Bread. I went shopping today and picked some up and OMG it is awesome. I made Pizza with it and it was sooooooo good, I am so full and satisfied and it is a little under 500 cals for the whole thing!
    1 Naan Bread 320cal
    1/2 cup pizza sauce 40cal
    1/2 cup Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese 90cal
    = 450 cals

+ I add fresh veggies (mushrooms, onion, and green pepper), pizza seasonings and a little hot sauce!

I cooked it right on the oven rack 375 degrees for about 12 minutes.
    YUMMY is all I have to say!!!!

Starting weight 285lbs on 1/18/12
    Mini goal #1 Lose 25lbs Achieved 2/17/12
    Skinny Mini Goal #1 Hit 1/4 of total Goal weight 27.5lbs Achieved 2/22/12
    Mini goal #2 Lose 25lbs (for a total of 50)
    Skinny Mini Goal #2 Hit 1/2 of total Goal weight 55lbs
    Mini Goal #3 Lose 25lbs (for a total of 75)
    Skinny Mini Goal #3 Hit 3/4 of total Goal weight 77.5lbs
    Mini Goal #4 Lose 25lbs (for a total of 100)
    Overall weight goal is to lose 110lbs... putting me at 175 (then we will see from there)
    ~Julie~

One for every 5LBS lost
  • Quote: Skinny Mini Goal #1 Hit 1/4 of total Goal weight 27.5lbs Achieved 2/22/12
  • Where did u get it from? Regular grocery store or a health food store? I've never seen it...of course I've never looked before either. We eat homemade pizza at least 2-3 times a month. Yum.
  • Here's a recipe for naan. It's very easy to make!

http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2010...6-serving.html

Also you can sub in wheat flour, Splenda, olive oil, etc. in the recipe per your diet and tastes.
  • I got it at the regular grocery store (Jewel), it was by the Bakery/Deli section. What I like is that it's a personal pizza so everyone in the family can put whatever they want on it. Also if my family wants to order pizza I can make one of these for myself and will not feel deprived one bit!

Starting weight 285lbs on 1/18/12
    Mini goal #1 Lose 25lbs Achieved 2/17/12
    Skinny Mini Goal #1 Hit 1/4 of total Goal weight 27.5lbs Achieved 2/22/12
    Mini goal #2 Lose 25lbs (for a total of 50)
    Skinny Mini Goal #2 Hit 1/2 of total Goal weight 55lbs
    Mini Goal #3 Lose 25lbs (for a total of 75)
    Skinny Mini Goal #3 Hit 3/4 of total Goal weight 77.5lbs
    Mini Goal #4 Lose 25lbs (for a total of 100)
    Overall weight goal is to lose 110lbs... putting me at 175 (then we will see from there)
    ~Julie~

One for every 5LBS lost
  • We're headed to the store this evening...I'll look for it. If I can't find it, I may try to make it from the recipe posted. Right now we use Mama Mary's whole wheat thin crust.
  • Most Indian food stores also sell the Naans.
  • Sounds delicious! Hope I can find it in a store, for I don't bake! Or I try, but it never turns out well. Ack!
  • Yes, NAAN Bread can be found in your bread/bakery section, but don't forget that you can also use whole PITA rounds (pockets) too. I love them and make my own Veggie PITA PIZZA 2-3 times a week. You find these in the same section of your grocery store. You can bake them in the oven for a crispy crust or just in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (I put paper towels under to absorb moisture) ... and I just love 'em.

You can also use whole grain TORTILLAS as well; they are thinner but bake up nicely too (they make a nice light crust substitute too). You can make them into a wrap and bake them. They come in small and larger sizes in the bakery section as well. That gives you 3 choices now.

BTW, the Pitas & tortilla wraps are lower in calories too.