I guess 3 mins on a bike is better than nothing...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm pretty happy with my loss so far except that it's been slowing down to a crawl lately. (as expected)

It's finally time to add in that *exercise* thing. I got on my dusty exercise bike and did a whopping 3 mins. Not 30 - three. I guess it's a start and better than nothing.

I know it will get better, but just feels a bit lame now.

• Congrats on your loss thus far!!

Dont be discouraged, because YES it is a start and its something. Try to increase your time by a minute every day. You'll be at 30 minutes in NO time.

Good luck!
  • You got this! I know, I get frustrated too with my endurance etc but keep at it! I barely cycled 5 miles the first time I got back on my bike and I recently completed a pretty challenging 50k... You got this!
  • I remember when I first started working out...I walked a whole 8 minutes on the treadmill and thought I was gonna have a heart attack! You'll build up your endurance and it'll get much easier. Good job on starting exercising!! Keep it up.
  • The point is, is that you got on the bike! Who cares how long you lasted!??! You will get stronger with time. We will look forward to your progress!!

My current peeve is the treadmill. It kills my shins, so I am working up by 1 minute at a time.
  • It is very true to be happy you got on the bike in the first place. If you are trying to increase time. I would try not using any resistance and then build up the resistance little by little so that you are comfortable.
  • You got on the BIKE! That is what counts!!

You will build up stamina over time!!

Keep it up
  • When I first started working out I fell off the treadmill. Huge thud. Everyone came running. THE WORST. I used it as my "it can only get better" moment - my goal became staying on the treadmill...
  • 1- You got on the bike!
    2- 3 minutes is half of 6 minutes, 6 minutes is half of 12 minutes and so on!
    3- You can do this!
    4- is the number of minutes you can go for next time
  • I began exercising with a teenie-tiny 5 minutes on a treadmill.

5 minutes. Not 50. Not even 10. I celebrated like I'd finished a marathon.

In the beginning, in my mind, it is not quite as important how much or how long we move... it is THAT we move. It is that we keep moving. 3 minutes a day. 5 minutes a day. 10 minutes a few times a week. As long as we turn it into a habit, we can then build on that habit for the long haul.

Way to go! Keep doing that 3 minutes! It all starts from there.
  • I posted a similar topic a couple of days ago so I can definately relate. I don't have much stamina either but if we stick with it, it can only get better, right?

Good luck!
  • "No matter how slow you go, you're still doing laps around someone on the couch!"

I love that quote. Keeps me going!
  • Vex, just keep moving. You will be able to increase your time.

Everyone has to start from somewhere.

strngsrvrbird, have you tried an elliptical? The treadmill bothers my ankles, but I don't have a problem with the elliptical-except for my muscles burning...LOL!
  • The elliptical would probably be a better way to go, not sure why I haven't tried it yet! Within a couple minutes of the treadmill, my shins are in pain (and not a good workout type of pain). I think I'll try the elliptical at the gym tonight!!
  • When I first got on the bike (not long ago) I felt like I was going to die! I started at 5 then wnt down to 3 then back to 5 and now I'm up to 10 mins. The bike is really old like 6 yrs. So I'm goimg to try to save up and get an elliptical I saw on a walmart ad this sunday. I feel that would be better for me and my weight. But keep going on that bike! I promise it gets better day by day!