exercise in the cold!!

• here is a question for you ladies who deal with cold and snow during the winter...

what do you do to exercise?

i have considered getting a treadmill for running kept me fit back in leaner days. i have several wonderful workout tapes including:

the new york city ballet workout
    tae bo advanced
    yoga for losing weight
    pilates for losing weight

how do you get outside into the fresh air and workout though, if you do? i would love some ideas that could get me out of the house!!!

thanks!!
  • Missy..
    I live in Green Bay, WI - where it is currently -4 outside. I just joined a gym last week - that should help.
    I also have a treadmill at home.
    At the gym I do yoga too.

The key for me is on those nice days - (these days that's any thing above 30) we take advantage of these days. We go outside! Skate, shovel.. anything!

Don't use winter as an excuse - it doesn't have to be.
  • how much was your treadmill? i am thinking about buying one... and you are right... i do use the cold as an excuse. i really need to stop!!!

thank you!!
  • I walk every time I work out in the -4. I think the key there is just to bundle up and keep moving, it makes me feel alive walking outside in the cold.

Miss Chris
  • i love hiking with the dog, and she loves it even more. unfortunately, i've managed to developed cold-induced asthma, so my ability to be out in the cold [below 25 F] is really limited.

so, i joined a gym. the poor dog!! they won't let her in.
  • Well, I confess with our record breaking cold AND snowfall here in the Boston area, I haven't been exercising .... unless you count shovelling and snow-person building.

In my leaner, pre-kid days, I relied on a health club ... and a bit of cross country skiing --- but that can't be done near my house ...
  • Last night I danced for a good hour @ a bar w/my friends. (No drinks, just boogied)
  • Hey Steph..
    shovelling the snow is exercise!!!

btw, my treadmill was $400 (you can get ones cheaper and more expensive)
    I put it on my sears card and it's due June 1st. I have it almost saved up for

My Y membership is a bit more pricey - $38/month. It is really good for me in so many "mental" ways - but that's a whole other thread.

Jiffy - you're too darn funny!

Dana