vanity sizing

• Went shopping a few weeks ago for some next size down jeans to inspire me and found some cute ones at Rue 21 (I think that's what it was called) in a style that I would NEVER have thought I could wear "before".

I was a too comfortable 18 and thought I'd get a 16...well they only carried up to 13/14s so I took a chance and got them and found some 16's elsewhere. The weight has just been dropping off just lately and the 16's were starting to show my drawers so I tried on the 13/14's this morning and they totally fit! I could button them before but I had enough muffin top to open a coffee shop so they've been hanging in the closet waiting on me.

I thought, "Wait, I've got another pair of 14's in there...they should fit too."

They don't. I could lay down and button them, but obviously I'd be right back in the coffee shop business.

For a moment I felt defeated about it, but then I thought, "Ok, so I'm not actually a 14 yet, but jeans that didn't fit well a month ago fit terrifically now. Who gives a crap what the tag says?!".

All that to say I've got some seriously cute, if mis-sized, jeans to strut my stuff in now.
  • AWESOME!!! at least you got some new jeans The whole vanity sizing thing drives me crazy too. But at least your noticing what's fitting and what's getting loose! That's great!