3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I was bad today (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/252895-i-bad-today.html)

SmallSteps 02-14-2012 10:03 PM

I was bad today

I had a cupcake and 2 cookies :o

KittyKatFan 02-14-2012 10:13 PM

Don't feel too bad about it. It happens. Calorie-wise, the damage isn't too bad. The important thing is to put it behind you and keep moving forward. Don't let one small slip-up cause you to have self-sabotaging thoughts that make you spiral out of control.

You are doing well. Keep it up:)

TiffNeedsChange 02-14-2012 10:17 PM

Me too, I had some chocolates I was given for V-day but didn't go too far overboard :) We all deserve a treat on Valentines! :hug:

VioletBee 02-14-2012 10:24 PM

I had a couple of V-Day chocolates today, and I did feel a bit guilty about it. What I feel really bad about, being a calorie counter, is that I had jumbo fries and a cheeseburger last night. :( But I have to tell myself to keep trying, keep going. A cookie or two isn't too bad. :)

konfyoozed 02-14-2012 10:40 PM

i had a big fat piece of apple caramel cake. and lasagna. and garlic butter biscuits. i think between the lasagna, the cake, and the biscuits i had almost my daily allotment of calories. i'm thinking that i will still see a loss next week, because i won't be doing this every day. moderation is the key. if you don't allow for some 'slips' then you'll feel deprived and crash and burn. at least, that's what happens to me. so every month i sit down and plan out 3-4 days when hubby takes away my phone so i can't count every little calorie.

don't stress it too much, even if they were crazy calorie laden, they probably still wouldn't put you too far over where you need to be. you'll keep going and just next time say no to the sweet treats, or have only one. life goes on. one of my favorite quotes: "even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward."

carter 02-14-2012 11:07 PM

You weren't "bad" - you just ate off plan. It's not a moral failing, or a sin, or a crime! As others have said, don't fret about it, just get right back on your plan with your next eating opportunity. :)

124chicksinger 02-15-2012 12:35 AM

Think about the damage you would have done had you not been on your program to begin with...and realize that the bits you had weren't so bad and you won't be doing that again for a while. Congrats on your progress thus far. You got this!

Ramra 02-15-2012 10:38 AM

Don't feel bad, it happens to everyone!!

I was on my best behavior yesterday, until my boyfriend stepped outside for a smoke and left me alone with a box of chocolate! I picked it up and read the nutrition lable on the bottom. Then I decided it was too sugary, and put it back down. Two minutes later, I picked it up again and ate 2 pieces of chocolate! :P

baker23 02-15-2012 12:21 PM

Its ok. It was valenties day and in the big scheme of things you didn't really do any damage ^_^...Yesterday I received a box of chocolates. They had 9 pieces. An hour later the 9 pieces were gone...Somehow I still weighed in at 187.6 0.o so don't worry :)

mammasita 02-15-2012 12:26 PM

Definitely not terrible to eat some nom noms every now and then. Yesterday my BF and I had 2 bottles of sparkling pink moscato (before everyone gasps LOL, 1 bottle pours 2 glasses).

No guilt here.

astrophe 02-15-2012 12:48 PM

Don't make food emotional. You were not "bad" to eat cookies or cupcake. You may have eaten off plan, but today you can be on plan.

Just like you are in the car, you are not in the car. You aren't "bad" for being in or out of the car, right?

And.... WERE you off plan? Or did they fit in? Merely eating a treat is not a "bad" thing.

If they took you off plan, what did you learn? Was it because you didn't have a meal prepared and the snackies were easier? Maybe the solution is to keep some fast frozen meals handy?

Instead of focusing on calling yourself bad names, focus on what you learn from the experience.

A.

Blueberries 02-15-2012 01:16 PM

Like others, I disagree with your terminology. You made a bad decision, but don't make it about your value. You are not "bad" or "good" based on your food choices.

SmallSteps 02-15-2012 06:22 PM

I actually did stay in my calorie intake for the day and did have a loss on the scale this morning, I was pleasantly surprised.

astrophe 02-15-2012 06:26 PM

Alright then. So what did you learn from the experience? :)

A.

fyreflie24 02-15-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carter (Post 4216490)
You weren't "bad" - you just ate off plan. It's not a moral failing, or a sin, or a crime! As others have said, don't fret about it, just get right back on your plan with your next eating opportunity. :)

THIS THIS THIS THIS!!! :)