3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   warning-whine enclosed! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/25177-warning-whine-enclosed.html)

suzie76 02-25-2003 07:29 PM

warning-whine enclosed!

Hi,
Anyone else here know how it feels to be the friend who remembers EVERYONE else's birthday...and then when it's yours, you are forgotten? Today is my birthday, and almost all of my friends forgot, and I mean people I've known fifteen to twenty years. I'm trying not to let it bother me, but it hurts me. My husband calls me the Hallmark queen-I always remember to send cards or call my friends...even one of my own sisters forgot.

Okay, that's my whine for the day. Getting hugs and hearing "I love you so much, mommy" from my son cheered me up...and American Idol is on soon, so that's always fun to watch. I did take today off work, met some friends for lunch and went shopping. (got a beautiful blouse on sale at Kohls) My sweet husband bought me a dozen roses, and gave me a gift certificate to the British amazon website (I am a book buying addict, I really need a twelve step program-I love tons of authors from England/Ireland who aren't published here). So I really shouldn't complain. I'm very lucky.

Take care,
Sherry

gonzostar 02-25-2003 07:36 PM

i am so sorry, sherry! i am the remembering type too.

yes, just have fun with the people around you that are the most important. =)

KittyMilk 02-25-2003 07:43 PM

:gift: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERRY!! :balloons:
How young? I'm glad you had a good day even if some ppl forgot.
Me I drop a stack of hints even my dh can't ignore! Something along the lines of "hey it's my birthday next week" usually does the trick :D

Kitty

jiffypop 02-25-2003 07:54 PM

happy birthday!!!!!!! glad you had a good one, in spite of those other people in your life. well, they still have some time, since i'm sure you're willing to keep the presents coming for another month or so!!!

enjoy the roses!

Raelynn 02-25-2003 08:31 PM

Happy Birthday :) I hope you have an awesome day :)

Step 02-25-2003 10:38 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Don't be too hard on your friends ... they'll probably remember tomorrow!

Jennelle 02-25-2003 11:31 PM

Yes, it sucks to be forgotten. I'm glad you had a good birthday in spite of it! :D

glynne 02-25-2003 11:33 PM

Happy Birthday to you!

Sounds like some nice things happened today even if some people forgot. Try to hang onto the memory of those thihgs.

Take care ~ glynne (Gayle)

KimPet 02-25-2003 11:41 PM

:balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

iT'S ok TO WHINE SOMETIMES!!

:balloons: :balloons: :balloons:

SuchAPrettyFace 02-26-2003 01:02 AM

I hope your birthday turned out to be wonderful, Sherry.

suzie76 02-26-2003 07:14 AM

Thank you all so much!!! You are all so sweet! I really appreciate it.

It was my 34th birthday...and damn, do I want to reach goal before my 35th birthday!!!

Hugs,
Sherry

Charbar 02-26-2003 07:48 AM

Happy Birthday Sherry :hat:

Birthdays are "me" days.. and everyone should treat you royal on your birthday :)

Sandi 02-26-2003 08:38 AM

Happy Birthday!!!! :hb:

Hope you had a great day!!! I know what you mean...my best friend forgot to call me on my special day last year. Almost killed me not to call her on it...but then again, I forgot my mom last year.

Sounds like you had a special day anyway!!! :)

nettie34 02-26-2003 08:46 AM

:hb: Happy (late) Birthday! Whine away, it was your special day!

Jo 02-26-2003 09:29 AM

Happy belated birthday! I'm glad you had a pretty good day, even though some of your friends forgot. My younger brother is notorious for forgetting birthdays; this year, I wrapped up a box of birthday cards with a list of all our family birthdays enclosed and gave it to him as a New Year's gift :D