today was a big day for me

• Hi,

Today was the day of my last visit to the doctor who was treating me for postpartum depression. I am so happy to say I am off medication and feel really good about it. It's been a long haul to get here-I was diagnosed with postpartum depression when Matthew was five weeks old, and he's now three and a half. Depression can be living ****, and I''m so glad to be feeling so much better.

I know there are some people here on medication, and I just want you to know I understand what you're going through, and to let you know you can get better .

Sherry
  • that sounds wonderful sherry!

i am weening myself off of celexa (with dr.'s permission). i thought i had it to where i was totally off of it, but i had a few breakdowns, so i am now taking it twice a week. then i'll go to once a week... etc. i can't wait to be au naturel. =)
  • That's great news!!! Yahhh!
  • Congratulations Sherry, depression can be such a dehilabating thing making it hard to enjoy day to day life. Good luck with the future. I was on depression meds for years but now have been off it all for over two years and life just gets better and better.

Kitty
  • Congrats, Sherry!!
  • That is great Sherry. I'm glad to hear that you are doing so much better.
  • That's incredible Sherry. Congratulations!

Angi