Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #181  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Man, I'm not sure I will be able to keep up with everyone, but I'm sure I will get to you know all better in time.

I haven't logged my food for today yet, but I'm about to do so now. I think I did pretty well for today. I'm still a little hungry but I probably won't eat anything else. I think my body is just still adjusting to not eating as much, so I need to just put up with a little hunger. I haven't done my workout, and probably won't. I ended up having to clean, make dinner, and work on some freelance projects so I didn't have a chance...and now it's kind of late and I feel tried. I might go to bed early tonight.

Last edited by rakel; 02-08-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #182  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Ugh, just did my calories and I am 500 over and I'm still so hungry.... Maybe I should just go to bed right now. Lol.

And it doesn't help that hubby is watching Take Home Chef while I am sitting here with him!

Last edited by rakel; 02-08-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #183  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Feb 8, Wed
B= 1 c cereal, 1/2 c milk, 1/2 banana
L=1/2 PB&J, baked chips
S= coffee, 5 Bliss
D= chili, 2 cornbread, 3 choc chip cookies {thanks, Mom!}
S= 1/2 graham cracker, 2 triscuit + cheese whiz, banana
E= 60min cardio

Every been hungry but you couldn't figure out what to eat? My last snack was like that. I tried a few things but ended up eating a banana. Embaressing but true the cheese whiz is made for humans but we buy it for the dog; we squirt it in one of her chewtoys, I think she was mad when I ate some, LOL.

Rakel, don't feel you have to address everyone each time. No one will get offended.

NewCreation, I agree, I felt like the only regainer until Uber posted her comments on regaining. I like that we've banded together to encourage each other.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #184  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
Embaressing but true the cheese whiz is made for humans but we buy it for the dog; we squirt it in one of her chewtoys, I think she was mad when I ate some, LOL.
We used to do the same for my mom's Cocker Spaniels. Squirt it into a Kong, freeze for a few hours, and it kept them busy for at least fifteen minutes! I never helped myself to any of their treat because we always had some gross flavor like bacon something-or-other, but if it had been the plain 'cheddar' or whatever I would have been tempted.

I actually made breakfast at home this morning (usually I pack breakfast and lunch and eat at work) and it was really delicious. I baked an egg in half an avocado. I'm sure I'll be hungry again by the time I get to work, but I have snacks packed to get me through the day.

My weight's the same as yesterday, which is better than bouncing up again, so that's fine with me. I rode the spin bike for an hour last night and then did some Pilates this morning. My shins are kind of sore, though I don't know what I did to them, so I'm trying not to overdo it with the cardio for a couple days. It would be nice to lose a little faster, but I've been through this before, of course, so at least I'm used to the frustration.

Last edited by thistoo; 02-09-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #185  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone!

Another OP day under my belt. I can do this!

2 coffee/lowfat milk
english muffin/butter spray

salad/grilled chicken/craisins/lowfat ranch
carrot sticks

flank steak
asparagus/bell peppers/mushrooms
rice

Week 1 I was completely anal about my food choices. Week 2 I've added being really careful about making sure I had all my water. Week 3 I'll add in exercise at least 3 days a week. Little by little I'll get my act together...

I've done WW before, but was finding the point counting confusing with all the program changes. I decided to move into the 21st century and follow the points plus program which, while counting carbs much higher, seems to allow much more flexibility. I'm trying to keep to daily points and only use weekies for special occasions - I'm curious to see how it all works for me.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Gooooood Morning ladies!!! I hope everyone had a great night sleep and is rarin' to go today! Lemme get to personals...

thistoo~ Ooh that cinnamon chicken sounds gooooooooood! I might have to buy some whole chickens the next time I hit Sam's! Isn't it funny that you're having to add calories into your diet? It sounds so counterproductive, but it's not. I love me a good sweet potato--Mmm! I could those bad boys plain just thrown on a grill or even baked in the oven. No salt, no spices, nothin'--I just love 'em that much! Which is super funny considering I loathed them growing up.

Cheryl~ Welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about your father. He'd definitely be proud of you for getting back on track to a heathier you and living life to it's fullest.

mahtha~ those WW meals can be pretty puny sometimes huh? I try to grab the ones with the most protein in them so that helps a little. Nothing like making your own lunch though--but man, popping something in the mircorwave is so much easier! LOL Great job on the planning for the weekend! I'm not there yet, but since we don't have much going on I doubt I'll be far from home. Way to stay strong too! I'd cave if I had cookies passing by me and yummy foods from Superbowl all around. You rock! Just read your last post--you sound like me! One thing at a time--get the food under control first, get water in next and then exercise! Whatever works right? Right!

Mandy~ (thanks! That is easier! ) Woo hoo on the loss!!! Congrats! I love seeing the numbers drop when I least expect is! WTG!

angelsgirl
~ Welcome! No magic carb craving blocker solution from me--I struggle with the same problem.

Penguin~ so glad to hear your fil is okay! How scary that must have been.

ANewCreation~ I'm a crocheter too, although I'm all thumbs at it lately for some reason. That's a good idea to keep your hands busy at night. Perhaps I should pick up my quilting to keep mine busy!

JustWant2B~ I'd buy that bottle! Congrats on a great OP day!

rakel~ Don't worry about not posting personals--it's just one of my weird OCD things that I feel like I have to do. I've have issues...To help you feel less hungry perhaps you should up your protein intake? Switch out the snacks or meals that have more carbs and add in protein. That always helps me feel less hungry. This adjustment period stinks.

So...I ate again last night--but it was rice cakes! LOL I'm making progress! HAHA! I didn't eat a whole lot yesterday so I still think I was well within my calories, but man do I need to stop doing that! I'm thining that ANewCreation is onto something--I need something to keep my hands busy at night and if I can be productive at the same time, all the better! I've got a quilt I'm working on so I'll get back to working on that.

I need to set up some mini-goals out in the open so I can be called on it if need be...

Goal 1. Go to bed at 10:00 and be asleep by 10:30 at the latest.
Goal 2. Get ALL of my water in each day (at least 64oz)
Goal 3. Start working out on Monday

Okay, there, I've written it down. Now to just do it! I really need to work out, but man am I dreading it. For one thing--I'm just plain not feelin' it. I'll be honest, the thought of working out right now makes me cringe. Another thing, I am a 'first thing in the morning' type exerciser. If I wait until after the kids go to school, I tend not to do it. Lastly, my feet. Oh my poor feet. I have issues with foot splaying and joints rubbing and even had surgery last summer on my left foot to break the bone and move it over--it helped and that foot feels better, but the other still hurts. I used to run and I actully enjoyed it. Now I'm scared to even try. Plus, my shoulder still hurts!

Wah, wah, wah...I'll stop whining now. Anyway, here's to another OP day! Get out there and have a fantastic day, be good to yourselves and Drink Your Water!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #187  
Sue

Exclamation What scale are you using?

I broke my digital bathroom scale (or more accurately it died of lonliness over the past couple of years) and am using an analog one but it's obviously not very precise. What are you using? Would you recommend it?

Last edited by mahtha; 02-09-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #188  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i weigh in on my wii fit. it yells at me every time because i only get on once a week and it's all EVERY DAY BISH! WE WEIGH ALL THE DAYS! and i'm all "screw you scale i'll step on when i'm good and ready, so hold your horses til wednesday" then my cats look at me like i'm crazy because i'm talking to the television.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Mandy you're crackin' me up! LOL That's exactly something I would do--yell at the Wii Miis on the screen!

I have a Taylor CalMax digital scale. It's a couple of years old and I got it at Target I think. It's been a good scale and still on the orginal battery so that makes it even better.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #190  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Well, funny thing that you ladies were talking about Cinnamon Chicken today, cuz I came in to post about just that. Maybe it could work as that "Carb Craving Blocker" we were talking about too ...

TIP OF THE WEEK ~ I was reading a devotion about CINNAMON this week and was reminded about an article I read once -- that in China, researchers found that Cinnamon is a natural appetite suppressant. I had some on my Oatmeal with a few raisins for breakfast. I remember that years ago, I used to chew SF Cinnamon gum a lot. I think I may try that again ...

So, besides the Chicken (which I will try), you can put it on cereal, on cinnamon toast & french toast, with apples baked or nuked, or chew SF Cinnamon Gum. Sometimes, I put it in my pasta sauce too -- it adds a nice punch to the flavor; and I often put it in my homemade fiber muffins. Of course, it's yummy in pumpkin & sweet potatoes too. You may be able to get Cinnamon Herbal Tea as well.

MAHTHA ~ I used to have a digital; but I dropped it once and it never weighed the same twice, so DH went out and bought me a nice big analog one -- and I have had no problem since.

SANDEY ~ I do most of my exercises in the AM; when I first wake up -- I do 30 minutes of stretches, toning & flex exercises. I do hand-weights 3 x times a week (M/W/F); and more toning/flex before bed (about 5-10 minutes). I do walking most days (and walk extra when I go shopping purposely taking the long route); and spread my housechores out over the week, doing something each day, and rest one day (usually Sunday). I'll even wash windows or walls just to get some exercise in, but usually I have no problem finding something to do.

Have a great day everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-09-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #191  
Sue

thanks, Ladies! Mandy, I yell at my scale too, but for VERY different reasons

Justwant2Bhealthy, I read a suggestion today on one of the WW boards about a late night snack of a apple slices sprinkled with spenda and cinnamon and popped into the microwave as a special treat. Holy cow that made my mouth water, I can only imagine how good a faux apple pie would be right now
Old 02-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #192  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

mahtha - I have EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale (http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Preci...8821911&sr=8-1) and have been very pleased with it.

thistoo - I am trying that cinnamon chicken this weekend. It sounds so good.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Mandy, I don't think that I could handle the Wii fit fussing at me!

I am getting back into the swing of things. My weight has dropped 5 pounds this week, but I am sure it is because I have lost fluid. I always have edema after long car trips. My eating plan even feels good to me. I can't exercise yet because I stubbed my toe (and fell) on Sunday. I am limping around and don't think that I should start walking until my food feels better.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #193  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

the wii fit yells at me, and my fitness games yell at me too. i had one say "well there you are! i thought i was never going to see you again!"
Old 02-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #194  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I have a Tanita digital scale. I've replaced the batteries a couple times over the past five years (once when a houseguest flooded my bathroom floor and shorted it out, and once after I shut it in a closet for a year and pretended it didn't exist) but it's still as reliable as ever. Unfortunately.

I have a solution to carb cravings, but it's not something most people want to hear. Since I've stopped eating grains and dairy I haven't craved carbs once. And considering what a carb monster I am, that's practically a miracle. But again, it's not for everyone.

My shins hurt SO MUCH WORSE after a full day at work! I have no idea what I did to them. Tonight was supposed to be lower body strength training, but I'm taking an off day instead and I'll do lower body tomorrow if my shins are better. I'm icing them now. It's really not convenient.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Wow!! Everyone - This thread goes so fast that I have trouble just getting something posted that doesn't disappear with the dang OOPS key!! Urggggg!! I like to read about your day/plans/menu etc. Please keep posting. Please don't feel obligated to do personal notes.

iDream - taxes were what I expected. My sympathies for your future endeavor on them. Maybe send Dad out with the kids (movie??) for some quiet time. I had a similar foot surgery - they removed the bone from my 'wee-wee-wee all the way home' toe so it wouldn't rub the one next to it. 100% relief.

thistoo - I have cinnamon chicken in my slo-cooker RIGHT NOW!!!

JW2BH - I use way more cinnamon than any recipe calls for. I love it. I shake it on toast with just a hint of Truvia.

Cheryl - so good to see you back. I'm very sorry for your loss. Hugs to you for surviving the prior stressful months without gaining it all back. I agree it feels good to get "back in the saddle again".

Angelsgirl - welcome!! I agree with Mandy on not having the money available for the vending machines. The brought in office goodies however, are another story and good luck with resisting. My main thing is to not get soooo hungry. I don't care if I go over on points/cals as long as its on-plan food like fruit and nuts and cheese sticks, etc. instead of M&Ms and chips. You CAN do it!!

mahtha - I do WW P+ too and I am always stunned when I measure out a 'serving' - it looks like a snack!!! I like to use the daily points and occasionally dip into the weekly but I refuse to use the activity points.

Mandy - congrats on the loss! I yell at my scale too. Its sooo fickle. I'm back up 2# today!

Penguin - close call with FIL but glad everything is getting figured out.

All the DOG lovers - yes, yes, yes on Cheese Whiz in the busy bones. I also got a fairly long soup bone and jammed it with Lammy Whammies and my girl dug it like crazy.

Today, I had a manicure then went shopping at Walmart and Costco for the food for my church's Homeless Ministry distribution on Saturday. Our sack lunches contain a ham and cheese sandwich, pickle, fresh fruit, fresh veggies, sweet and salty snacks, a couple piece of hard candy, water and napkin. I buy the pickles/fruit/veg/snacks in bulk and then break them down into snack bags. Takes me hours and hours to prep for 100 lunches.

weigh-in: 215#!!!

B: coffee, egg+egg sub, banana
L: tortillas with tuna salad with onion and celery, clementines
D: cinnamon chicken, broccoli, baked sweet onions, blueberries
E: circuit
Closed Thread