3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/251082-regainers-relosing-get-off-again.html)

konfyoozed 02-18-2012 03:31 PM

hey all, and welcome newbies!

today started with lasagna (1 very small piece!) and will end with me being around pizza. :o i'm hoping to avoid it, but i will do some serious walking this afternoon and allow myself one piece if it's just too tempting! i plan to have chicken wrap and some fresh veggies before we go, and some oatmeal when we get back (these fit nicely into my calories for the day) to keep me from eating 6 slices of pizza, but we shall see. if it's dominos, it will be easy... if it's papa johns, i might cave!

thistoo 02-19-2012 08:11 AM

Morning all. Welcome ceejay52 and Sactolady! We're always glad to have new relosers join in.

I had a lot of sodium at dinner last night (mmm...Spanish olives) and I'm up to 206.8 this morning. So it's lots of water for me today and a couple workouts this afternoon. So business as usual, then.

I am also planning to clean my house today, but first I have to make some breakfast and go to church. Have a great Sunday, everyone!

konfyoozed 02-19-2012 01:28 PM

hey everyone! i modified a dessert and made the calories drop by over 100 per serving :D subbing in light cream cheese and whipped topping, as well as sugar free pudding, this dessert goes from 325 calories down to 210! also from 16g of fat to 9. i think the carbs are reduced by a bit too.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/C...-Mint-Parfaits

so so yummy. :)

Beverlyjoy 02-19-2012 03:19 PM

Hi friends - yesterday I felt a little better than the day before. I am making slow progress - but, moving forward.

All the meds have made my tummy a little queezy. I have anti-nausea medicine which is helping. Today I am going to try to eat more healthful foods. Still they need to be lite-ish. No raw veggies yet - or spicy foods, or lots of fatty foods - or big meals. I was told to add these kind of foods slowly back into my daily plan. That's what I will do.

I am hoping that soon I won't need the heavy duty pain meds and can get by with tylenol. I am not rushing anything, however.

My dear little neighbor girls came over in their cheerleading outfits (5 & 7 years old) They did some cheers to 'cheer' me up. Loved it!

I need to weigh myself again at some point in time. I am not sure whether to wait or do it daily. My food has been off plan for a week.- but - I don't think it counts too much when I add in the surgery five days ago. I don't know quite what to do. I may wait until Wednesday... my official weigh in day. I do know, however, my main goal now is to be healing from my surgery. A couple of friends have reminded me my body has much to heal and readjust to. My head is usually spinning when it comes to food.

Welcome to the newest relosers to join in.

Thanks again, folks, for your wonderful support.

mahtha 02-19-2012 07:06 PM

Welcome CEEJAY & SACTOLADY! It's always nice to have new friends join the gang. BEVERLYJOY, It's so nice to hear you're feeling better. Don't worry about your food just yet, just go easy on your body.

The scale finally moved! By tomorrow I should be where I was last week on the old scale. What was I thinking swapping scales so close to the beginning of this? I feel like I wasted a whole week, but I do have to pat myself of the back that I stuck with it. It would have taken that little to discourage me in the past and thrown me totally off track.

Saturday
coffee/lowfat milk
english muffin
2 eggs
mushrooms

apple

beef stew
french bread
butter

Yesterday was the first time I've used all my points but the beef stew and crusty bread were worth it! Back to normal eating today.

I hope everyone has had a fabulous weekend!

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-19-2012 07:43 PM

BEVERLYJOY ~ it's a personal choice, but keep in mind that your body will hold water (swelling) after a surgery until it has healed a bit. I would give it a bit more time, then maybe start weighing weekly again as you were before; plus, with eating simpler foods, you may not gain anyways. ^Prayers^ continue ... :hug:

MANDY ~ I modified all our favorites dishes to make them healthier and lower the calories as much as possible.

CAROLINE ~ I love olives too, but they are salty indeed, so I have them only EOD or so. They say drinking water can wash the salt out of our systems for us. I don't put much salt in my cooking these days; I've cut way back subbing with herbs & spices, which has helped my water retention a lot.

MAHTHA ~ glad the scale is moving in the right direction again; yes, changing scales can set us back a bit. That happened to me once too.

Eating has been very good this week; the cravings have finally lessened, thankfully. Have been eating apples (.5 at at time) and a bit of cheez to help that. Also had tea, cocoa or ovaltine, and water to help cravings. I upped my breakfast a bit, and that may have helped too, I think.

Have a great week everyone ... :val3:

patchworkpenguin 02-20-2012 12:59 AM

Hubby's feeling better but is going to stay home from work tomorrow also. We managed a little fun shopping and went to the grocery store today.

Beverly, glad to hear you are feeling better. Try to take your recovery slowly and not rush yourself! The cheerleaders sound adorable.

thistoo 02-20-2012 09:47 AM

Morning all.

Penguin, glad to hear your husband's feeling better and that you were able to get out for some fresh air. I hope you're having as gorgeous a day on that side of the state as we're having over here. I think I'll go for a walk later, or maybe do a little yard work, if the ground isn't too muddy.

Back at 206 this morning, but TOM started a couple days early, so it's possible yesterday's water weight was the result of that. Before I gave up grains I would go up at least three pounds at the start of TOM and feel completely bloated and gross (it never helped that I always used the water weight gain as an excuse to eat my weight in pizza and M&Ms) so holding steady is a big step for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing a loss when it's finally over in eight days or so. :sigh: Sadly, my diet has done nothing to shorten my cycle at all.

time2lose 02-20-2012 10:47 AM

Did not check in this weekend because it was crazy busy. Welcome to the new posters.

BeverlyJoy - pleased to hear that your surgery went well!

I did fine staying on track over the week. I am a little frustrated because I have not seen the drop on the scale that I want but I have to remind myself that I often have weight swings because of fluid and other "stuff". If I stay on plan, the weight will drop!

mahtha 02-20-2012 10:54 AM

Happy Monday, everyone!

It's beautiful and sunny here and I wish it was a holiday for me so I could go out and play. :) Did my grocery shopping and prepped my go-to foods last night so I can grab salads/grilled chicken/veggies quickly. I have no excuses for slacking this week!

While the scale was kinder over the weekend, it shows I'm where I was a week ago. It's bumming me out that I didn't make any headway all week, but onward and downward. I have to keep reminding myself I didn't get here overnight...

MamaP 02-20-2012 01:28 PM

I know I haven't been posting, but I'm trying to stay focused. A lot of stress in my life right now, but I think I'm doing okay. As of today I am down 10 lbs from the first of the year . . . I have been sick so that has contributed some to the weight loss - hopefully I won't bounce back too far. It felt good to see the 30s again. Now my eyes are focused on the 20s . . . then on to the teens.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Beverlyjoy 02-20-2012 03:23 PM

Hi relosers/chickies -

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your continued support, good wishes, prayers, wisdom & kind thoughts in regards to my gallbladder & hernia surgeries last week. It means a great deal to me, for sure.

I am starting to get into a rhythm of sorts.. figuring out what I can eat and the best ways to heal and feel better. The literature says to start slowly adding 'regular' food back into your daily plan. Also - keep it very low fat at first. Frankly, these things all 'sound pretty familiar'. It's a work in progress. The main thing is to eat healthy food to heal well. I cannot do any exercise until I get the OK from the surgeon - makes sense.

mamap - so glad to hear of your weightloss... too bad some has been from being sick. Glad you posted.

cheryl - hang in there for the scale to show what you know what you deserve. It WILL in it's own time. Good to have those OP days.

mahtha - kudo's for getting your healthy foods available for the week!

thistoo - darn that TOM - at least you know how your body reacts. Hang in there.

pwpenguin - good to get to the store. Glad dh is feeling a bit better.

justwant2bhealthy - wonderful to have the cravings lessen somewhat... that's wonderful.

iDream 02-20-2012 03:52 PM

Just another quick post. Weekend was fun but a total bust. I ate badly and drank a little too. TOM was here and I just gave in. I didn't weigh this morning as I was up at 4:00 seeing my friends off and I've got a killer head cold. It's set up camp primarily in my right nostril and is driving me batty with congession and pain. :( Waah, poor me. I can't wait to get some sleep and get back to eating like a normal person--and exercising too, yeah, only four days of working out under my belt and I already miss it--yay! *sniff-sniff* man my nose--I just want to cut it off!! Argh!!!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! I'll have to catch up tomorrow when I don't have four kids distracting me. Until then, have a wonderful afternoon/evening! :)

Tohisha77 02-20-2012 08:49 PM

hey everyone,im a REGAINER :(
i am an emotional eater and suffer from depression/mood disorder and PMDD.:dizzy:

i was on effexor xr last year starting in APRIL and by JULY i lost 28 lbs!!!!!
that was one of the most incredible moments of my life.:carrot:
the meds literally CUT OFF THE DEMON inside of me that binged every 10 mins!
i worked out and ate like only twice a day!

but in AUGUST of 2011 ,i guess the meds stopped working and i had a 6 month setback!
i gained 16lbs.:mad:

BUT as of 2day,i am officially BACK AND READY 2 ROLL!!!:lifter:

Neutronx57 02-20-2012 08:56 PM

I tried for years to lose weight and keep it off!

The only thing I found was some common sense tips that worked.
Stay away from carbs.
Eat smaller portions.
Leave the sweets for someone else.

konfyoozed 02-20-2012 11:21 PM

mmm i eat carbs and sweets and still lose weight. :)

today i made an effort to attempt strength training. it was awesome. i could easily get addicted to it, especially the leg stuff. looking forward to trying some more new stuff soon. :)

thistoo 02-21-2012 06:43 AM

Mandy, great job on the strength training! I really makes a huge difference in how you look and feel as you lose the weight, and it doesn't hurt that building muscle helps your metabolism along. I complain about it every time, but I do it anyway because I know it's important.

Tohisha77, welcome, you're in the right place! We all know what it's like to regain and go through the frustration of having to take the weight back off again. You'll get there! We all will, as long as we stick to our plans.

iDream, sorry about your cold! I hope you're feeling better soon. Don't beat yourself up too much about the weekend; just get back on track and you'll be fine.

This morning I weighed in at 205.6. The fact that my weight went down on the second day of TOM is nothing short of a miracle. I can't explain it, but I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth! I won't change my ticker until I'm closer to 205 than 206, but wow, was I ever happy to see 205 on the scale this morning! I got on twice just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. :D

I don't imagine I'll hit onederland by the end of the month, but if I keep going at this rate I'll be pretty close. Just one more reason to stick with what I'm doing.

I did pick up some high quality dark chocolate on Saturday while I was out running errands, with the intention of having a celebratory wine-and-dark-chocolate snack next Saturday when my 30 days is up. The fact that it's been in my house this long and I haven't even thought about cheating and opening it is another miracle. In fact, I don't even care about the chocolate now that I'm not PMSing anymore.

Today is going to be crazy busy at work, so I should go get ready for that. Tomorrow I will spend partly in the dentist's chair, though, so if I can get through today the rest of the week will feel really short, at least.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

mahtha 02-21-2012 09:32 AM

Good morning, losers! Welcome Toshiba77 and Neutronx57:wave:
iDream, I hope your cold passes quickly.
thistoo, congrats on both the loss and the willpower to leave that chocolate alone!

Stayed OP again yesterday, though barely. I really need to be careful of my portion sizes when it comes to carbs. Fortunately I had plenty of points to spare for the extras, but I feel like I'm end-running the rules. Have to keep in mind that it's way better than it used to be, I'm not having carbs with every meal anymore!

I'm torn between working toward some specific goals (5% by 3/1 , 10% by 5/1, 50 lbs by 8/23) and just staying OP and letting my body do its thing. I'm really trying to look at this a lifestyle change so it doesn't really matter when I hit certain marks as long I'm moving in the right direction, right? What has been your experience? Do goals with specific timetables motivate you or are you more successsful without looking at the calendar and scale all the time? Does not having a very specific goal allow you to wander too much? I'm curious to hear your take on this.

Have a great day, everyone!

thistoo 02-21-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahtha (Post 4224402)
What has been your experience? Do goals with specific timetables motivate you or are you more successsful without looking at the calendar and scale all the time?

In the past I've always let deadline-oriented challenges stop me in my tracks. As soon as I set one and said, "Okay, I'm going to do it this time", I stalled. I don't know if it was the result of psychology or the fact that in the past I've never been that good at sticking to my diet. Probably both.

Yet I still made those challenges to myself because having something to work toward really does help me stay focused. In order to lose weight it kind of has to be my hobby; I get obsessed to the exclusion of most other things, which is maybe not that healthy, but it's what works for me. So I have always challenged myself even though in the back of my mind was a voice telling me I was just going to choke again.

Anyway, in the past I've always failed, but this time I'm cautiously optimistic. I haven't stated it aloud until now, but my private challenges are 180 by May 9th, and 165 by my birthday at the end of July. If I'm not right on target that's cool, but now that I've finally (finally!) worked out what works for me, I'm confident that I can at least come close.

Reach for the moon and you'll at least hit the stars, right?

konfyoozed 02-21-2012 02:23 PM

good afternoon ladies!

i mentioned i did a little weight training yesterday... not much, 30 minutes doing various things trying to get a feel for what exercises worked what muscles and such... but lordy! my arms and upper chest are sore today! (i will admit i love free weights)... i think i need to just do a circuit on the all-in-one machine they have in the gym on a regular basis. i think i'm crazy but i like the soreness, it makes me feel like i've done something! (and i'm prepared for the bump on the scale that might happen due to the water retained in healing muscles).

patchworkpenguin 02-21-2012 04:39 PM

We watched Dolphin Tale last night which was just adorable. I did cardio yesterday and cardio/UB today along with cleaning house. I'm not sick yet, knock on pre-fab, while Hubby is back at work today.

Mahtha, goals and deadlines tend to freak me out. I get crazy about not meeting goals, give up, then when I don't meet them I'm depressed. :dizzy:

iDream, hope you are feeling better.

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-21-2012 06:12 PM

MAHTHA ~ I like to have mini-goals & bigger goals, but I don't put a time-line on them; like others have said that might discourage me, so I just work towards them and enjoy them when they come. The exception to this is my exercise and toning regime -- I can plan to do them daily and have no problem with that. If I do them all, that's great, but I don't get upset if they get interrupted one day. I can do them any time of day, so if I miss in the AM, I just do them before bed that same night. If I miss a day, I just continue on the next day.

MANDY ~ It is recommended to put rest days in between the weight sessions; at least EOD (every other day), and others say you should do the heavier muscle-building weights only 1-2 times a week (unless you are targeting different muscle groups, i.e. legs verses arms/shoulders). I have been doing my free hand-weights 3 days a week (M-W-F), mostly for toning though. There is an ongoing debate about the value of toning hand-weights verses heavier muscle-building weights, and how often we should do each. Maybe you could get some advice from a trainer at the gym.

We had shepherd's pie with lots of veggies for dinner last night (more veggies than meat); and tonight we are having roasted chicken pieces with lots of veggies. Boy, it smells nice in here. DH picked me up some fruit & veggies to tide me over for the week. :D

:welcome: to our NEWBIES ~ TOHISHA & NEUTRON ... glad you joined us over here!

Gotta go have dinner; it's ready -- by for now ... :val3:

konfyoozed 02-21-2012 06:32 PM

i have no trainer at the gym... i'm sort of winging it :) i know not to do strength training every day, i planned on doing it 2 times per week until my body adjusts to it then maybe moving it to 3x per week. and probably not even in the gym, i'll probably use some of my DVDs that focus on toning.

our 'gym' is a small L shaped room containing 2 elliptical machines, 2 treadmills, a stationary bike, some floor mats, a couple squat bars, a bench press station, and an all-in-one machine. that's it. literally. there is no staff.

thistoo 02-22-2012 06:32 AM

Penguin, I'm scared to watch Dolphin Tale. I mean, I know it's going to make me cry, but animal movies are the worst for pulling at my heartstrings. Good to hear that you enjoyed it!

My weight is up this morning, which is no surprise, thanks, TOM. Also I gorged myself on fruit last night. My parents send a box of Honeybell oranges every year, and apparently they had a bumper crop this year so last night I got home from work to find a second box on my doorstep. I'd just stopped at the grocery store and picked up some strawberries, so I had an evening snack of a Honeybell and some strawberries. It was delicious and I'm not sorry!

My weight will go back down over the next few days, so it's fine. Plus now I have a fridge full of delicious fruit that tastes like sunshine. And I have an entire bag of organic Pink Lady apples. I will try to pace myself on the fruit so it doesn't interfere with my weight loss, but I really do love those oranges.

Funny thing is, I've never even been a big fruit person! It's amazing what cutting out all sweeteners will do to your taste buds and your appetite.

Dentist this afternoon, so I'm only working half a day. I'll be spending my afternoon getting a crown put in and a couple fillings replaced, though, so all things considered, I think I'd rather be at work! Not really. At least I can fit in a decent workout this afternoon before I have to meet my sister for Ash Wednesday service.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone! I wish I could share some of these oranges with you all. There are tons of them.

dgramie 02-22-2012 07:54 AM

Glad to report I am focused on getting this weight back off along with some more. I started back with daily exercise yesterday morning before I started my home daycare routine. I felt good all day long and even dragged out my minitramp and jumped for a bit last night.
Today we exercised before 6am and I will jump tonight. I took my measurements and about cried. I knew my hips and thighs had gotten big but seeing the numbers sure hurt! Time to work it back off!!!

LadyNASDAQ 02-22-2012 09:28 AM

My weight shot up to an all time high of 300.5 lbs.! I knew I had better do something so I did, an 1800 calorie Plan and also started to use some Slim Fast products in there.
Today my efforts are noticeably paying off. I see 6 lbs. down, a very happy me is very apparent and I see that I can lose very well without any of that hysterical hunger.
I have heard so many times my Dr. say PLEASE find a diet that works so you don't get sick later. Ok, I can tell you that this is more than livable because of the hunger factor. Very happy with myself but I can see that I have to tune out temptation, use a daily meal planner and stick to it. I am very encouraged but most of all I feel like if I could just continue I can absolutely get this weight off. It has been numerous attempts and numerous diets for me to find what works.

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-22-2012 11:13 AM

:welcome3: LadyNASDAQ ~ sounds like you have a good plan there; and congrats on your initial success -- 6 lbs is great!

MANDY ~ Your gym is smaller than the one I used to go to; it had a large walking track around the perimeter and my sessions (2-3 times a week) were varied each day. I started off going M-W-Sat but later only went 2 days a week (Wed/Sat). First, I had to walk around the track once, before and after my routine; that was upped to 3 times each as time went on.

I can't remember the exact routines but they involved riding a stationary bike, situps (on an elevated ramp; increasing to the top level eventually), a thigh master, leg & calf press, bench press & lateral pull machine, and heavy weight-lifting bench. I did try the treadmill once, but it wasn't part of my routine. I did a stretch & toning floor regime a few times at the beginning once a week. Since I was already very flexible that was dropped for more toning & muscle-building.

So, I would do walking, situps, biking, bench press & lateral pulls, thigh master, and walking again. Then the next time, I would do walking, situps, biking, heavy weights, leg & calf presses, thigh master, and more walking. Later on, I had to quicken my walking speed to burn more energy as well. I lost lots of inches & built muscle on this regime. I had my own personal lady trainer, and there was a Master trainer who made up our programs and gave advice. I enjoyed going there and the program was successful.

Well, I already have all my morning work done for today. I woke up early as it's getting lighter earlier each day now. I have been going to bed a bit earlier lately too; that is helping not to snack too much at night as well. Have a great day everyone ... :val3:

shadowclaw 02-22-2012 03:02 PM

Haven't checked in a while.

Last week, I started heading to the gym and started using the treadmill on a really high incline for 30 minutes. It's a great workout and is easy on the joints. Last week, I hit the gym 4 days, and I'm aiming to continue that this week. Unfortunately, I gained two pounds, despite the exercise. I was thinking maybe I miscounted my calories somehow, but even if I did, there's no way I ate enough to gain 2 pounds. Perhaps I'm just experiencing water retention in my muscles, or perhaps I even gained some muscle from all the uphill walking.

Yesterday was also a terrible day for my diet. Occasionally, I go over by maybe 100 calories (which still leaves me with a calorie deficeit), but yesterday I went over by 1700! We went out for dinner with my brother and then to a concert, and while it didn't seem like I ate that much, I later found out that I sure did eat a lot of calories. The sandwich alone had over 1100 calories :devil:

But today it's back to being good and I'm really going to crack down on my diet and try to increase my exercise if I can find time. I really want to be in the 250s by spring break when I go on my trip to Belize, and that's in the neighborhood of 20 days away!

konfyoozed 02-22-2012 03:13 PM

shadowclaw we are so in the same boat. similiar height, start weight, goal weight, current weight.... :)

mahtha 02-22-2012 04:50 PM

Justwant2Bhealthy, Mandy, thistoo and dgramie IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! I finished my salad at my desk and instead of running an errand I WENT FOR A WALK!

I've been really good about food and water, but have done no excercise at all.
Until today. And tomorrow.

You chicks rock :running: (and I still need bell peppers and cat litter :)

shadowclaw 02-22-2012 08:19 PM

konfyoozed - you are right! I wonder if we wear the same pants size. Right now I'm stuck somewhere between and 22 and a 24. Depends on the brand.

konfyoozed 02-22-2012 09:43 PM

i'm between a 20 and 22 right now. 22s are loose and 20s are uncomfortably tight. my weight is pretty much evenly distributed though, it's not just in my belly hips and thighs. tops i'm still in a 3x though i can fit into a 2x if i'm not scared to show my muffin top :P

patchworkpenguin 02-22-2012 11:38 PM

Still on track with my eating, more or less. I did 30min LB and 30min cardio. :D

Caroline I've hear of the Honeybells but never had one. I'm not a big fan of tearjerkers either.

thistoo 02-23-2012 08:29 AM

I'm having a weird morning. Mostly I'm worn out and just not feeling it today. Luckily I don't have the energy to do much other than stick with my plan, because my food for the day is already laid out so I don't have to think about it. Tomorrow's my last day of being super-strict, technically, so maybe that's it. I suspect the real culprit is TOM, however.

I'm still holding onto some water weight and I had some cramps this morning (though nowhere near the crippling level of pain that used to force me to call in sick) and I keep thinking about how far I have to go just to get where I was and it's seriously bumming me out. I need to distract myself from thinking about weight loss for awhile or I'll drive myself crazy, but I know I can't stop posting here or I'll go off the rails as soon as this detox is over and then my thirty days will have been for nothing.

Anyway, weird headspace. I will attempt to snap myself out of it! In the meantime I hope everyone else is having a much smoother morning.

dgramie 02-23-2012 10:24 AM

feels like spring here,,,going to get out and enjoy it before it changes. We are going to be 30 degrees cooler tomorrow.

mahtha 02-23-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thistoo (Post 4227308)
I'm having a weird morning. Mostly I'm worn out and just not feeling it today.

:hug:thistoo, You're entitled to slow down sometimes. These life changes can take a lot out of us. All the prep and the planning are real work. Don't get discouraged, just take it easy and reflect on how far you've come. Baby steps. Put on some favorite tunes, get lost in a book, think about the beach and sand between your toes...

Just back from my lunchtime walk. Yesterday I MADE myself go. Today I was looking forward to it. There's snow and rain in the forecast for tomorrow so a lunchtime walk is looking unlikely/unsafe. I'll have to come up with a plan B.

I hope everyone has a great afternoon.

konfyoozed 02-23-2012 02:12 PM

mahtha - is there a mall or a shopping center near by? walk around inside and window shop!

dgramie - it's sunny and warm and beautiful here too, but it's gonna be warm and stormy tomorrow. so looking forward to the end of plant sex season already. i'm such a winter girl lol.

didn't workout yesterday. had junk for dinner (well, subway, chips and ice cream... my sandwich was loaded with veggies!). and you know, i feel better for it. it was within my calories, i made sure of it. and today it's back to healthy eats. :)

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-23-2012 02:39 PM

CAROLINE ~ we all have off days; sometimes, the smallest thing can set it off. Yesterday, started out really well, then I got into a silly mental funk in the afternoon -- I was able to climb out of it by using strategies of distraction: posting, reading & singing & napping. I just keep on trying til I find whatever works. I was fine by evening again. I like MAHTHA's ideas too: daydreaming or visualizing is a technique I use sometimes too.

Today is a bright new :sunny: day; did my sweeping (whizzing, I call it) & vacuuming today. Made some soup for lunch out of leftovers and tonight for dinner, I am making Chicken Stew from some leftover chicken breasts I baked on Tuesday. Yesterday, was pasta night: we had whole grain spagetti with a chunky veggie, meat & tomato sauce. I made enuff for two meals and put the other servings in the freezer in special microwave containers I have.

I think I have had those honeywell oranges a long time ago; Dh picked me up some seedless large oranges this week, but I'm not sure what kind they are though. I keep bananas, oranges, and two kinds of apples in the house; plus some peaches, pears, and pineapple in the pantry for the odd times I run out of the fresh. I have blueberries & rhubarb in the freezer; and I pick up fresh strawberries when they are a decent price.

dgramie & Shadow ~ Glad you both popped by anyways; even once a week is better than not at all. I find coming here helps distract me from the mindless munchies, and encourages me to keep going, esp when I get in a funk about how slow my progress is or when someone ticks me off ... ;)

I'm an emotional-response eater and got upset with my DH this week -- and yes, I ate: had some chz on toast ... right away I realized what I had done, so put strategies in place to save the day. I still managed to stick within my plan and didn't go over my calories for the day. I try for 1600-1800, but my maintenance cap is 2000. I stayed around 1800, so I was happy for that. This is a big NSV for me ... :D

It's a battle ladies, so we have to pull out all the arsenal we can to beat the stressors that come our way each day. And then, just keep on marching ... :)

patchworkpenguin 02-23-2012 02:51 PM

After being very discouraged because I feel I've been working so hard but no change, I finally saw a lb drop! :dance: Just the thing to perk me up and keep me motivated. About Time!

2BHealthy, sometimes I feel like just when I have something conquered some other problem pops up, and it starts again. sigh.

Mahtha, I'm going to take your advice to Caroline, too.

Caroline, hang in there! Hope you feel better!

mahtha 02-23-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin (Post 4227977)
Mahtha, I'm going to take your advice to Caroline, too.

Maybe I should too! :D I'm one of those people who runs at 100 miles per hour. I have multiple lists running in my head at all times, we're constantly entertaining some combination of the kids' roommates, etc., I'm always trying to plan special meals when the kids are home on break - which happens to be three totally different schedules (and I always send them back with meals for a month!) I try to be sure the one still at home gets some special time as she's off to college in the fall as well. There is the added challenge of DH's schedule where he travels about 50% of the time, and then there is my my job which rarely seems to have any downtime.

Some days I am just tired, but I feel so damn guilty not running at at least 98! I think we need to start a "what nice thing did you do for yourself today?" thread.

I went for a walk alone with my headphones and left my phone at my desk. Interestingly enough, the world did not fall off its axis while I was gone.