3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/251082-regainers-relosing-get-off-again.html)

mahtha 02-10-2012 09:49 AM

Happy Friday, Everyone! :cp: This one has been a long time coming.

Congrats to all of us for a great week, even with the little hiccups we faced this week we're all still here posting/being accountable. That's HUGE!

Yesterday
2 coffee/lowfat milk
english muffin/butter spray
blackberries

salad
grilled chicken
craisins
lowfat ranch

strawberries
granola bar

salad/ O&V
grilled chicken
WINE!

I met a friend for dinner and drinks last night. I had 2 (big!) glasses of wine and passed on the yummy burgers and wonderful things with fries and fantastic homemade bread with butter and I chose to have another salad with chicken for dinner. It felt good. (Ok, maybe that was the wine talking) but I didn't struggle with my decision, I didn't feel deprived, I didn't wish I ordered something else when her food came, etc.

Today is jeans day in the office. I pulled my favorite pair out of the drawer and put them on. NO KNEE BENDS NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They already fit differently than they did 2 weeks ago - a nice reminder of what the goal really is here. This is SO worth it! :D

patchworkpenguin 02-10-2012 12:19 PM

iDream, I'm not sure I would agree with 'super crafty' but thank you;). I learned crochet first, then had to stop due to vision problems, then learned to knit. I had cataract surgery and regained enough vision to do both again. Are you on Ravelry? I've been looking for Sun Crystals for the past few weeks but can't find them in the stores I checked, are they still availible?

Mahtha, good job on the salad and jeans!

Caroline, I gotta dig out the Kong and give that a try!

Cheryl, nice of your Hubby to cook anyway. My hubby only cooks breakfasty things.

thistoo 02-10-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahtha (Post 4211315)
Happy Friday, Everyone! :cp: This one has been a long time coming.

Indeed. And yay for your jeans fitting better! I love that feeling. Clothing NSVs are my favorite.

time2lose, some of us post our food. Some of us (me!) are lazy! Actually I think my diet is just really boring. I live alone and cook everything on Sunday, so I just eat the same thing all week long for each meal. It helps keep me on plan, but it doesn't make for entertaining reading.

I do keep protein and vegetables in my freezer in case I don't plan enough meals for the whole week (which happens more often than I care to admit) but it's usually just turkey burgers and frozen green beans. Which is exactly what I had for lunch today.

mahtha 02-10-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDream (Post 4211262)
[Ooooh, I used to have baked (well, nuked) apples with cinnamon and Kashi

this is BRILLIANT! I made a batch of granola on Sunday and commented to DH that it would make a fantastic apple crisp topping. It's got too many calories for me to eat by the bowl, but I could justify a little sprinkle on a baked apple for a special treat. YUM-O!:dancer:

patchworkpenguin 02-10-2012 06:54 PM

I went to see the movie Joyful Noise with a group from my Bible study. It was good, I'm a sucker for a happy ending! The music was fabulous with a mix of styles and genres.

Made my usual pizza tonight

mahtha 02-11-2012 08:58 AM

Happy weekend, everyone! It's snowing here in New England - a beautiful morning to drink coffee and do the week's laundry. I hope everyone has a chance to relax, recharge, and savor the week of success.

Friday
2 coffee/lowfat milk
Banana

Salad/lite ranch
Berries

2 slices veggie sausage pizza
Salad/no dressing
1 small wine

I ate light early in the day because I planned for the pizza. I found myself hungry in the afternoon for the first time in weeks. I had a handful of green beans, contemplated popcorn, granola bars, and finally I just got myself another glass of water and waited it out. I didn't perish from starvation!

I feel like the little engine that could reminding myself I can do this. My thanks to all my chick sistahs for being along for the journey. I'm not sure I could do this alone.

Beverlyjoy 02-11-2012 09:29 AM

Hi relosers! I am back home- my stepmom is recovering well from her shoulder replacement. I went with my SIL to the visitation of a family who passed away. It was only an hour away from where my dear SM lives. It worked out well.

I am struggling with my food, though. I did a bend and twist while unloading the dishwasher. Ouch! Phooey. I can't take any nsaids because of surgery next week. I can take a muscle relaxer - that helps some. It's feeling some better each day.

I'll try again to make a plan.

We are going to our cousin's for dinner. They will have healthy foods available. Actually, they asked what they can fix that I can eat. That's really very nice.

All I can think about is chocolate. Isn't that crazy? However, I have not eaten any chocolate. I need to PLAN for some.

I am so happy for folks doing well. If you are struggling. Hop back on your plan.

Thanks for your support.

dgramie 02-11-2012 09:38 AM

I so need this thread! I regained about 30lbs in the past 3 yrs. I need to get it back off plus more.

mahtha 02-11-2012 10:04 AM

Welcome dgramie! Lurk or jump right in, you'll notice we all post differently so join the gang however you're comfortable.

Beverlyjoy, so happy to hear your step-mom is doing well. Now take a little break from taking care of others and take care of you, wouldya? I hope your back is better with a little rest.

Penguin, your post made me smile. When my husband suggests seeing a movie I always ask if we could pick one from the happily ever after section. I get too emotionally involved in movies and find myself exhausted when they're over.

thistoo 02-11-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahtha (Post 4212313)
Happy weekend, everyone! It's snowing here in New England - a beautiful morning to drink coffee and do the week's laundry. I hope everyone has a chance to relax, recharge, and savor the week of success.

I had the exact same morning, mahtha! I woke up at the ungodly hour of 6:30 and figured since I was up I would do the laundry while I had my coffee. We're getting snow here as well, though it's just a dusting. Tennessee got a lot of snow last year, so I'm glad we've had a mild winter this year. Though I am not a Tennessean; originally I'm from your neck of the woods. My dad's from Fall River and I was raised in Swansea and then Rhode Island.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy (Post 4212331)
All I can think about is chocolate. Isn't that crazy? However, I have not eaten any chocolate. I need to PLAN for some.

Bev, I'm glad you made it through your trip and visitation safely. I hope your injury heals quickly! I have done the same to my back and it is no fun at all.

I'm with you on the chocolate fantasies. I'm 17 days into my 30-day challenge, though, and I just keep reminding myself that if I still want chocolate at the end of it, I will have a little and then get right back on board for another 30 days. I'm just PMSing, so I know it'll go away. At least the carb cravings aren't overwhelming like they usually are; that's been my downfall in the past.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgramie (Post 4212339)
I so need this thread! I regained about 30lbs in the past 3 yrs. I need to get it back off plus more.

Welcome, dgramie! This is a great thread. It's really helped keep me focused while I get back on the wagon.

time2lose 02-11-2012 10:06 AM

Beverly - I am glad that you got home safely and your stepmom is recovering well. Sorry you got hurt! It is amazing how we can twist something so easily.

Dgramie - I just joined this thread too and think it will be a great help.

Yesterday I had to roll with the flow but stayed within my calorie budget. Things got hectic at work and I ended up having Cheez-its for lunch. Not healthy but within my calorie limit. Then DH and I were going out for dinner and a movie. We planned on eating at Outback and I looked at their nutritional info online and knew exactly what to eat. When we arrived there was a hour 20 minute wait outside in the cold. Forget that! We ended up going to O'Charleys and I had to make educated guesses at what to eat. It worked out fine. I had saved calories for the night. I had one roll, a cup of potato soup, and 6oz sirloin steak. I had ordered broccoli with it but the broccoli turned out to be covered in cheese. I was pretty full at that point so I just left the broccoli. When I got home and looked up the nutritional info, I had eaten 670 calories. Since I had allowed 800, all was good.

Today will be a challenge because I am at home but I need to do lots of housework so I plan to keep my mind off of the food.

Vladadog 02-11-2012 10:59 AM

oh boy, I am really struggling the last couple days...

Wednesday morning at work i was exhausted and gave in to the siren call of some keebler cookies. That white flour/sugar combo is deadly but usually the next day I wander around my house craving any sweet stuff I can cram in my mouth but by the day after I'm fine. Not so much this week - I've gotten sleep, I haven't had sugar so I should be back on track. But I am ravenous. All I want to do is eat - anything, everything. I'm not hungry,not really. But that doesn't help make me not want to eat eat eat.

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-11-2012 02:03 PM

:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ welcome to the Newbies (dgramie) too! Well, we had the CINNAMON CHICKEN on Thursday night. I roasted ours in the oven with veggies on the side; the cinnamon & lemon gave it a nice aroma & a mild flavor that was quite enjoyable.

MAHTHA ~ yes, I love to nuke an apple with cinnamon, than sprinkle a little granola on top; 1-2 tbls have less cals than a whole serving, but tastes just as nice. I also like to sprinkle a little granola or fiber one on my yogurt (my favorite is lemon but it is so hard to get here).

Vladadog ~ I have days like that too; sometimes I ate a carby thing, but sometimes not -- other times, I have found that I ate too little the day before or I am under my target for that day. And sometimes, there doesn't seem to be any rhymn or reason for it. So, I try a healthy snack, then some tea or water, then distraction to wait it out.

Someone here had a mantra that said something like ... I keep telling myself, "Hunger is not an emergency." ;)

I'm starting to believe that our body is trying to trick us or con us into eating something when we really don't need it. So, DON'T LISTEN TO IT!!! Be a warrior not a slave!

It's the same with my exercise/toning plan ~ I am committed to doing my best each day. Sometimes I get it all done, but sometimes, I only get part of it done. I consider it a victory, if I get even a little done each day. My goal plan for my eating is -- first, to make healthy choices each day; second, to eat smaller portions; third, to be under my calorie cap for the day.

Again, I am contented if I get most of that accomplished -- 90% is still a big victory for me ... :D

dgramie 02-12-2012 07:54 AM

Trying a new recipe today...chicken fajita in the crockpot. I will let you know how it turns out.

Beverlyjoy 02-12-2012 09:03 AM

Hi relosers! My back is feeling some better - grateful for that! I've made my food plan for today. (Have cooked lots of chicken for later in the week.) I will do my journal work and get back to doing what I know works/helps me having a sane relationship with food.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Thanks for your support.

mahtha 02-12-2012 10:52 AM

Good morning, Ladies! Stayed OP again yesterday with the exception of my water. I'm finding that much more difficult on the weekends. Last night was date night. We had a wonderful time, but the food was disappointing so it was easy not to overindulge. I almost ordered dessert because I was still a little hungry after dinner. My resolve got the best of me znd I had a cup of coffee instead. GO CHICKS!!

Saturday
2 coffee/ lowfat milk
1 egg
English muffin
Spinach
Banana

3 baked stuffed shrimp
Salad lowfat dressing
Steamed veggies
1 piece bread
1/2 pat butter
Wine

Vladadog 02-12-2012 12:55 PM

dgramie - let us know how the chicken fajita turns out. I'm always interested in easy crockpot food!

I had a huge (but healthy and totally on plan) dinner last night which seems to have reset my constant craving problem.

konfyoozed 02-12-2012 02:02 PM

good morning everyone! :) (well, afternoon at this point)

hope everyone is doing well! my cold finally decided to take a hike leaving only a little lingering congestion to contend with (not in my nose, more in my chest, but it's much much less). but just in case, i let hubby go to church by himself this morning so i didn't share the ick. he came home with a rotisserie chicken and a request to use the breasts for cuban chicken pizza (i got the recipe on here from someone) for dinner tonight. so i had the dark meat of the chicken (leg/thigh/tiny wing - like 2 bites) and a fruit cup for my 2pm meal (a little early) and we're having the cuban pizzas for dinner tonight. panko breaded baked pork chops are on the list for tomorrow night. and tuesday i'm taking the day off of calorie counting for my husband as a valentine's day gift. he gets home made lasagna, garlic cheddar biscuits (think red lobster), and a caramel apple upside down cake. i'll try to eat light during the day, and fill up on salad before. but i will sit down with my hubby on valentine's day and enjoy a romantic meal without being calorie police :)

though i'm sure my weigh in on wednesday will not be happy :o i'll deal with that when i deal with it. life doesn't need to be put on hold for weight loss!

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-12-2012 02:12 PM

Vladadog ~ When I say "I'm hungry" ... my DH always says "Well, EAT then!" :lol: So when I feel famished, I always check to see where I need to add a bit more to help that. So this AM, I did something similar -- I had a little more for my breakfast today (but I'm still on plan).

I had one egg + 2 slices of bacon + 1 wg tst + 1/2 cup leftover oatmeal w/wpp + a coffee. I had 2 canned apricots + a coffee when I first woke up. For lunch, I had a pita pizza + a cup of broth. I think we will have chicken pieces with roasted vegetables for dinner today -- that way I'll have some leftovers for the week coming as well.

BEVERLYJOY ~ glad your back is feeling better today!

dgramie ~ yes, let us know how it turns out!

SUE ~ isn't that the worst -- going out to eat and the meal is a flop. Good for you doing so well and resisting that dessert with a coffee instead, cuz you never know how much that dessert may have set you back (as a lot of restaurant desserts have mega-hidden calories). :)

MANDY ~ enjoy your romantic Valentine's dinner with your hubby! It will balance out over the week, I'm sure!

:bravo: LADIES ... have a great week! :val3:

mahtha 02-12-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy

[QUOTE
SUE ~ isn't that the worst -- going out to eat and the meal is a flop. Good for you doing so well and resisting that dessert with a coffee instead, cuz you never know how much that dessert may have set you back (as a lot of restaurant desserts have mega-hidden calories). :)

I was eyeing a chocolate lava cake, so I'm pretty sure it would have set me back a whole week's efforts. At one point I'd have said screw it, but I'm finding myself in a very different place right now. I'm not sure how long it will last so I'm going to milk it for all it's worth and be happy not to be struggling through each day. I know it's going to get harder as time goes on and progress slows down, I need to take advantage now.

thistoo 02-12-2012 04:25 PM

Good afternoon, everyone. I hope you've all had a great weekend.

I'm PMSing and I want to eat ALL THE FOOD right now. I'm doing my best to ignore it, because I know if I can keep my calories in check I'll see a good loss at the end of my cycle. The good news is that I'm not craving carbs for once. Mostly I just want protein. That's absolutely a first for me, so I'm calling it a victory.

Down to 209 on the nose this morning. I'm hoping to drop a little more before Wednesday's 'official' weigh-in. Right now I think I'm going to make some decaf and try to make it to dinner without eating anything else. I have a crockpot full of chicken thighs cooking away right now.

patchworkpenguin 02-12-2012 11:15 PM

Hubby and I watched Forks over Knives over the weekend and after some talk,;) , made the decision to give the Plant Strong way of eating a try. This is majority veggies but with some meat, eggs, dairy etc.

Fri, Feb 10
Brunch = 2 Chili's Phillycheasesteak sliders
D= 1/2 veggie pizza
S= ice cream?
E= none

Sat Feb 11
B= coffee, 1 egg/veggie fritatta, 1/2 pancake, maple syrurp
S= ice cream
L= 1/2 Panara Thai chicken salad
D= 1/2 potato/onion/rosemary tart
S= baked apple {yum-o}
E=none

Sun Feb 2
B= 1/2 coffee, 1 bread/apricot jam
L=1 c lentil, mush, garlic soup, 2 c salad {carrots, craisins, olives, dressing}
D=1 openface black bean burger {good taste, weird texture}, chips/salsa
S= 4 Triscuit, herb brie, kalamata olive
S= strawberries, banana, whipped cream
E=none

TOM is about to start and I feel like I'm still PMSing from last week.

Caroline, my body is so weird, I never get a whoosh after TOM:(

Mahtha, I like happy movies too. I don't want to be more depressed/upset than when I started!

Beverly, glad things are better with you.

thistoo 02-13-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin (Post 4213996)
Caroline, my body is so weird, I never get a whoosh after TOM:(

A 'whoosh' for me is usually a pound, maybe two on a really good week, so I feel your pain.

This morning I woke up to discover that I'd managed to leave the fridge ajar overnight. So much for all that chicken I cooked yesterday! I'll swing by the grocery store on the way home to pick up some more, but I'm mad at myself for wasting the food. You'd think I'd remember by now that the fridge doesn't always catch on its own. Usually I've at least had some wine to blame it on when that happens.

At 209 again this morning. I feel like I ate a lot yesterday, so I was expecting a bounce up, but at least that didn't happen.

I hope everyone has a good Monday. I have a feeling mine is going to be long.

mahtha 02-13-2012 09:11 AM

Good morning, everyone! Happy Monday :)
The weekend went by far too quickly but overall I made good choices. We had a lazy day yesterday so we brunched instead of breakfast and lunch.

Down 4 lbs this morning for the weekly weigh in. That' 11 in 2 weeks, I'll take it! I planned a couple of splurges over the weekend that I never used so my weekly WW points went untouched all week. I can do this for another week. (then another week, then another week...)

Sunday
2 eggs
veggies
english muffin/butter
2 coffee/lowfat milk

1 c pasta
veggies
shrimp
bread
1 c peach sorbet

time2lose 02-13-2012 09:49 AM

Good Morning, everyone!
I have been on plan for a week now. After a year of fluctuating on and off plan, I feel good about staying on plan this long. The sugar cravings are much better. I am feeling confident about my ability to stay on plan. I just keep reminding myself that I stayed on plan for 2 years before my life was tilted and I fell off.

iDream 02-13-2012 10:00 AM

Good morning ladies!!! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!!!

Cheryl
~ sounds like you were Wonder Woman this weekend! How you ony had ONE of those crazy yummy rolls is beyond me! They're sooooo good! WTG!!! I have decided not to log my food this time around. Last time I wrote down every single thing I put into my mouth and I got too OCD about it. This time I'm just trying to stick to under 300 cals for my meals (I might up my cals to under 400 for dinner) and under 200 for snacks. At the very most that puts me at...lemme do the math...um...wow, 1400? No...I eat more than that...hmm...maybe I should start writing it down again. :lol:

Mahtha~ Another Wonder Woman in our midst! WTG on the healthy food choices! I get weak when I'm eating with friends. Congrats on the NSV too! Pretty soon those jeans will be too big for you! :) I lol'ed at "I didn't perish from starvation" :lol: Love it! Congrats on your loss!! :carrot: You're off to a fantastic start!! Yeah!

Penguin~ I'm not sure if they're still available to tell you the truth...I haven't bought them in a long time. I have to run to the store today so I'll check and see if they're still there. Of course I'm going to Meijer--do you those where you are? I haven't checked for them elsewhere. I saw a trailer for Forks over Knives--where did you find the video? I'm quite interested in ditching the American diet--not sure if I can get hubs on board, but it's worth a shot!

BeverlyJoy~ Glad to hear your stepmom is recovering well! Ouch! I hope you're feeling better now! It's amazing how one wrong turn or twist can hurt so bad huh? I hate chocolate cravings! I've tried eating/drinking healthy substitutes (chocolate miranges, ff chocolate milk) when the craving is too much and it still doesn't help--nothing compares to eating actual chocolate.

dgramie~ Welcome!! Glad you found us! I'm fairly new too--but that doesn't stop me from runnin' my mouth a lot. :D These ladies are great! Do let us know how that recipe went--it sounds yummy!

Vladadog~ I hate feeling hungry for no reason! Ugh! I tend to do that when I'm pms'ing or hitting a bout of depression/anxiety. I just wander around the house in an effort to avoid the kitchen and then I end up there anyway. I've actually had to say out loud, "You're not hungry!!! Close the pantry/fridge/cabinet.", my kids look at me like I'm crazy. Glad you cured your craving issue!!! :carrot:

JustWant2~ Oooh, lemon is my all time favorite yogurt! It's getting harder and harder to find. :( I need to adopt the same mindset in terms of 90% being good enough. I tend to get pissy with myself if I mess up and it can very quickly turn into self loathing and giving up. It's tough to remember that it didn't take a day or two to get back to where I am, so it's going to take a while to get it off and I'm going to stumble--and that's okay--I just need to remember to get back up and give myself credit for what I've done right. :)

Mandy~ glad your cold decided to give up and leave! :) Mmm, your Valentine's dinner sounds delish! Enjoy it! One meal is not going to ruin your efforts! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you had a little loss afterwards! Some suggest that our bodies need a rest day to remind it that it's not being starved to death and that it's okay to let go of some weight. :) Have a few bites of lasagna and a biscut for me k? Mmm, those things are yum-o!!

thistoo~ LOL Do you read Hyperbole and a Half by chance? Your 'EAT ALL THE FOOD' reminded me of her. :) I'm right there with ya on the PMS front. Dang TOM! I'm not craving anything thankfully, but I'm grumpy and mean and that's worse for everyone I live with. :( Bummer about the fridge! Ours does the same thing. Thankfully when it's been left open all night it still retains the cold so we've been lucky.

Well, I had a great diet weekend! I stayed OP the whole time and NO nighttime binges!! I had a LunaBar on Saturday night and a FiberOne bar last night--that's all! Can you even believe it? :lol: I could have used a bit more water over the weekend, yesterday mostly, but I did well otherwise. Spent the entire weekend cleaning. We have company coming from out of town on Thursday to spend the weekend and we need the house ready. It's going to be crazy with five extra people in the house! 11 people, 7 of them kids...just call the looney bin now! :dizzy: I'm totally looking forward to it though, it's been years since we've seen these friends. I am a little worried about staying OP though...

Okay, I'll end with my weekly WI results:

Start 2/6~ 236.4
2/13~ 232.4

Have a fantastic day ladies!!!

DixC Chix 02-13-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Vladadog ---- oh boy, I am really struggling the last couple days...

Wednesday morning at work i was exhausted and gave in to the siren call of some keebler cookies. That white flour/sugar combo is deadly but usually the next day I wander around my house craving any sweet stuff I can cram in my mouth but by the day after I'm fine. Not so much this week - I've gotten sleep, I haven't had sugar so I should be back on track. But I am ravenous. All I want to do is eat - anything, everything. I'm not hungry,not really. But that doesn't help make me not want to eat eat eat.
Boy does this resonate with me. I spent too many days making poor choices but I feel renewed enough to start again.

weigh-in 218.5
B: coffee, yogurt, egg+egg sub, pumpkin, clementines
L: WW tortilla rollups with turkey, LC cheese spread, bell pepper, spinach, banana
D: meatloaf with shredded zucchini, carrots, beans, blueberries
E: yoga, salsa dancing

patchworkpenguin 02-13-2012 11:36 AM

iDream, We got Forks over Knives from Netflix, then passed it on to my parents so they can watch it. We don't have Meijers but I think they are owned by Krogers, which we do have. Krogers had a 'no cal sugar sub" but I couldn't tell if that was Truvia-like or not. Theres one more store I could check for Sun Chrystals. We are still eating meat/dairy, just smaller portions, and having veggie meals more often. I had to google the difference between vegan and vegetarian, neither really fits as far as I can tell, which is why I like the term Plant Strong.

Caroline, I hear about women who have 3+lb whooshs and I get so jealous. I usually don't gain or lose during TOM, but sometimes gain. I assume its the choc I'm eating so I don't kill/maim anything or anyone around me. April keeps asking to go outside a lot!

Mahtha, yay for lazy days.

konfyoozed 02-13-2012 01:58 PM

i <3 hyperbole and a half. :D (it was my reference for my wii telling me to weigh in on ALL THE DAYS!) i know the question wasn't addressed to me, but i wanted to throw it out there. my fav is the spider one.

anyway, lots of fruits and veggies on the schedule for today. i'm gonna keep things way light today in light of the crazy food situation that's happening tomorrow night. so when my body is all OMG WHERE IS MY FOOD?! tomorrow morning after 1200 cals today i can be HERE IT IS and stuff it full of lasagna and make it happy. :D hoping the 2 days will average out to where my calories are supposed to be (1700-1800). tomorrow is a double workout day, hopefully i won't be too full after dinner to hit the elliptical. :o

mahtha 02-13-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

k0nfyo0zed;4214669]it was my reference for my wii telling me to weigh in on ALL THE DAYS
Mandy, my daughter was using the wii last night and when she powered it up it told her she had gained 3 pounds and needed to pass up seconds next time around! I was amused because of your story, but horrified that this THING would be so judgemental.

While it was scolding her and flashing her weight onscreen, I realized she weighs almost exactly my target weight. HOLY CRAP that's a vision I'm having a really hard time coming to grips with. She's a size 6/8 and while a little pear-shaped just like Mom, heads always turn when she enters a room. Is that really what my target looks like? (Can I have the glossy hair and perfect skin, too? :devil:)

thistoo 02-13-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDream (Post 4214338)
thistoo~ LOL Do you read Hyperbole and a Half by chance? Your 'EAT ALL THE FOOD' reminded me of her. :)

I love my Eat Alot!

No, I don't read it regularly, but I am familiar with it. It's just that I spend way too much time on Livejournal (or I used to, anyway) and ALL THE THINGS has entered the common vernacular there.

Today I had hard boiled eggs and a banana for lunch. I'm not punishing myself for the fridge fiasco; that's just what I had that I could still eat safely. Payday is Friday and I didn't really want to spend $12 on an expensive salad downtown. It's Knoxville! You'd think we were New York with the prices they charge in the restaurants around here.

Penguin, I get jealous of people with big whooshes too. It's not fair! Though since I've given up carbs altogether I actually manage to lose during TOM, which is unheard of for me, so I'll take what I can get.

konfyoozed 02-13-2012 02:45 PM

mmm boiled eggs. i LOVE hard boiled egg whites. i just recently bought 'eggies' so i could buy a jug of egg whites and just boil that part. they are awesome for 10 bucks, but are a bit of a pain to clean. the good news is, they are top rack safe in the dishwasher so it's just a matter of taking them apart and putting them away again. it's like a puzzle trying to get your eggs boiled!

iDream 02-13-2012 03:00 PM

Just had to pop in super quick to say...

I WORKED OUT!!! :carrot:

Finally! It was horrific and a total train wreck, but I did it! I jumped, did core, pushups...oh it was ugly, but I hung in there until it was over and it can only get better from here. It left me scratching my head as to how I used to be able to do all of that stuff before and then I remembered...oh yeah! I was nearly 100 lbs lighter and had been working out for months!!! Duh! LOL

Anyway, just had to share, I'll be back for personals again tomorrow! :)
Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!!! :D

konfyoozed 02-13-2012 03:10 PM

YAY FOR WORKOUTS!

also, yay for your sigline reminding me to drink my water :P it's been sitting here all day and i haven't had much. i've just been vegging at the computer and need to get off my buns do some housework and exercise. :)

thistoo 02-13-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0nfyo0zed (Post 4214733)
mmm boiled eggs. i LOVE hard boiled egg whites.

I think the best part about being low carb is that I have full permission to eat the yolks too. That's my favorite part!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDream (Post 4214746)

Woo hoo iDream! It's painful getting back into it, I know. I have a date with Sean T. later, and he's going to hurt me, but I'll think of your success and power through. :D

mahtha 02-13-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

patchworkpenguin 02-13-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Finally! It was horrific and a total train wreck, but I did it! I jumped, did core, pushups...oh it was ugly, but I hung in there until it was over and it can only get better from here. It left me scratching my head as to how I used to be able to do all of that stuff before and then I remembered...oh yeah! I was nearly 100 lbs lighter and had been working out for months!!! Duh! LOL

Good job! I workout to DVD's, and sometimes I get frusterated with the instructers, half my size who have probably never been overweight in there lives, telling me I need to work harder and I can hold the plank a few more mintues because its only my bodyweight! I like to visualize them with a 50+lb weight on there back/hips, and see how they feel?!

Mandy, I keep looking at those Eggies but never shell out the money. I'm afraid I would lose patience trying to get the egg out and they would end up squished, from my beating on them!

Weather is weird today, sleet then sun, repeat!

konfyoozed 02-13-2012 03:40 PM

they aren't so bad... the eggs tend to slide right out and if they don't, a little squeezing of the cup gets it to work. the downside is, you can't use cooking spray, you have to use the solid non-stick stuff, and the only thing i have is crisco, so i don't know if that cooks into the egg. i tend to have to wash off the residue so i'm assuming not. or at least not much.

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-13-2012 09:26 PM

CHERYL ~ congrats for staying on plan for a week ... that's a NSV in my books! I laughed when you said, "you're life tilted and you fell off" becuz at first, I thought you said, "my world tilted, and I fell off" ... and we're so glad you are still here with us ... ;)

IDREAM ~ congrats for getting that exercising in; I did an eccentric arm yoga a while back, and thought my arms were going to fall off -- but hey, I survived to tell about it ... :lol:

I wonder why lemon yogurt is so hard to find, when so many people tell me that they love it like I do. Hey, YOPLAIT ... just make some more so we can have some too, OK!!! :D

The eating has been good: last night I fell asleep early -- woke up hungry, but I'm OK now. Friday, we had Veggie-Mushroom Soup for dinner, as I had an upset tummy: turns out it was some hot pepperettes I had for a snack. Saturday, we had thin crust pizza & salad. We had roasted chicken pieces & veggies Sunday; and tonight was steak & onions & veggies with barley/rice combo for dinner. Maybe we'll have fish tomorrow night ... sounds good.\

Have a great week everyone ... :val3:

patchworkpenguin 02-13-2012 09:49 PM

Mon Feb 13
B= banana, 1c milk, vits, 1 c cereal
L= 2 slices veggie pizza, chips and salsa
D= Tomato & Lentil soup, few triscuits
S= ice cream, banana
E= 60min cardio

I've been cooking vegatarian meals since Sun night. Hubby came home today, looked in the soup pot, and sheepishly asked 'Can we have meat tomorrow?" Poor Hubby, I think he thought we were never going to eat meat again, LOL, I did offer to defrost some chicken strips or meatballs for him, but after he tasted the soup he was okay. Yay!

Mandy, can't use cooking spray? that's something to consider, I guess I could use butter???