3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/251082-regainers-relosing-get-off-again.html)

patchworkpenguin 01-22-2012 10:50 PM

Jan 22, Sun
B= 2 coffee, 1 c milk, vits
L= green salad, drizzle dressing, leftover chicken pasta
S= 1/2 apple
D= 1 wings + 1 leg roasted chicken plus veggies {onion, red potato, sweet potato, carrots, brussel sprouts};
S= 5 Dove + 1 TB PB
S= fudgepop
E= 60min cardio

Right = the first half of my day went well; exercised on rest day

Regret = the fudgepop; overeating at dinner

oOPeanutOo 01-22-2012 10:53 PM

This is me too! I put on about 22kg (almost 50lbs) over the course of the past year. I had made it down to my lowest weight ever (98kgs) and all of a sudden just gave in. I slowly started making the same unhealthy choices as before I started to lose weight to begin with. I kept trying to justify it to myself with "It's only 1 or 2 kg, I can take that off again". I did this every single week and suddenly it's not "just only", it's 22kgs!!! I'd like to say that I have an excuse or reason to putting the weight back on but when I think about it, I was just LAZY. Too lazy to count calories, too lazy to go for a walk, too lazy to even think about weight loss. I couldn't even face coming back onto 3FC as I had failed. What I should have realised sooner is that this is the exact place I need to be whether I'm having a good week or not. Hopefully this time around I can stick to it!

ubergirl 01-23-2012 09:24 AM

Hey guys,

Looking good!

Ok, so me, I actually had a bad weekend. Well, I should say, a bad Sunday. For some reason, I thought it would be bright to get up in the morning and bake an apple pancake for my family. It didn't turn out very well-- which is a reason for my family not to eat it-- guess who ended up scarfing down the whole thing.

So, I have a new thing I'm going to do.

I am going to FORCE myself to add up calories and weigh in after an off-plan day.

The first time I was losing the weight, I never had an off-plan day. I stayed on plan for weeks, months, more than an entire year, and the only time I had an occasional treat was planned.

But I've now realized that whether I stay on plan for a day, a week, or a year, there is likely to be another day where I totally screw up and eat way more than I planned. On those days, I HAVE to STOP, think about what I actually ate, and then get back on plan.

I've decided that THIS is the critical skill for me.

So, yesterday, I ate an entire apple pancake (a recipe that should have served 4)

I put it into my food log. I ate a healthy but relatively high calorie lunch, and I ate a healthy dinner.

Total: 2593.

Somehow I expected the grand total to be something like 5000 or 6000. Now granted, 2600 calories is more than I need. But still.

Today, I'm back at it.

patchy and Eliana... you guys are motivating me to be better about my gym routine. I LOVE exercising too, and yet somehow, I can still manage to drop it off my agenda.

thistoo 01-23-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Owner (Post 4183959)
Welcome to my world, but extend that to 6 MONTHS!!!

That's what happened to me when I regained all this weight. I hit a hardcore plateau and no matter what I did, I just could not get my weight lower than 150. Actually I only saw 150 once, and it was a glorious day, but after that it bounced around in the low 150s for awhile, no matter what I did, and eventually I got so frustrated I gave up.

Now I'm mostly mad at myself because even though I wasn't at my goal weight, I was so fit and strong, and I felt fantastic. Giving up just because I wasn't magically 120 pounds was stupid and immature and I hope a mistake I won't make twice. I felt like a failure for not reaching an arbitrary number on the scale, and that's a shame.

I'd love to get this excess weight off and look better again, sure, but this time I'm trying to focus on feeling better, because I know looking better goes along with it. I've only dropped two pounds so far, according to the scale, but I can surely feel a difference already in my strength and stamina.

Dawnberry 01-23-2012 09:41 AM

I am in. About a year and a half ago I went from 196 to 155. Now I am 180. Very depressing. You sit there thinking why did I do this to myself. The sad thing is when I lost it, I fear all the attention I got, because I was worried what would happen when/if I gained it back. ... and here I am

K9Owner 01-23-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thistoo (Post 4184414)
That's what happened to me when I regained all this weight. I hit a hardcore plateau and no matter what I did, I just could not get my weight lower than 150.

Now I'm mostly mad at myself because even though I wasn't at my goal weight, I was so fit and strong, and I felt fantastic. Giving up just because I wasn't magically 120 pounds was stupid and immature and I hope a mistake I won't make twice. I felt like a failure for not reaching an arbitrary number on the scale, and that's a shame.

sure, but this time I'm trying to focus on feeling better, because I know looking better goes along with it.

I am AGGRESSIVELY trying to incorporate multiple things to break it. I thought I was making headway by doing a Spike Day and calorie cycling throughout the week, but then, I had to have a rest week b/c of a previous back injury. It seems like I find it, then something deters it!!

I promise, the 1st 2 times I lost these 20 lbs, I didn't have ALL of the tools I have now AND it was not nearly this hard. I didn't obsessively "count" everything AND I didn't wear a monitor to tell me how many cals I was burning. I also didn't journal food like I am now :spin:

I kinda stopped trying to get to goal (140) and just work on changing the way the fat looked, which is why I started BodyRock.tv in November. If I can't lose, I'll make it look nice ;)

ubergirl 01-23-2012 07:46 PM

A bad day, in general but an okay day for food. My hubby made this incredible asparagus with garlic and pepper for dinner. YUM.

Am depressed about some issues going on in my life and am actively thinking about strategies besides eating that will cheer me up.

Justwant2Bhealthy 01-23-2012 09:07 PM

KRYSTAL ~ that's a good strategy; focus on toning up and the other may just happen during the process. I am focusing on other NSV's too; that helped me get over many plateaus & stalls. I had long periods (months) where I didn't lose any weight, so I looked for other victories: inches, sizes, toning exercises, exercise minutes, good meals, good days, good snacks, recovery days, maintenance days, etc.

UBERGIRL ~ yes, deal with those stresses; get creative and find ways to get around them, get rid of them, get through them ... whatever you need to do, so that you don't eat becuz of them. There's an answer for everything. Nice of your DH to help with dinner; lucky girl. :D

patchworkpenguin 01-23-2012 11:28 PM

Mon Jan 23
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= leftover steak in a sandwich with spicy ranch dressing
S=1/2 apple
D= Baked potato smothered in 1/2 can turkey chili, added cheese
S= fudgepop
S= 1/2 apple + 1TB PB
E= 32min cardio/weights circuit + 50min stretch fusion {CS} workouts

After being sick for most of January I'm trying to get back into my regular exercise routine. I always workout to DVDs, but since some are obscure I list times not titles. One recent find is Classical Stretch, which I love, but feel is mis-named. This is a mix of bodyweight strength training + flexibility training that is reminicent of yoga. My 32min of circuit was supposed to be 45min so I conked out early, but did the stretch workouts later in the day.

Today was pretty much a regular Monday except I didn't bake bread today, because we have a stockpile in the freezer. :dizzy:

Right = didn't eat as much as I have in days past, exercised

Regret = actually had a pretty good day today.

konfyoozed 01-24-2012 12:26 AM

ooh can i join this group? i think i gained back 20+ of the 53ish pounds i'd lost...

before october (and starting with my birthday, a downward spiral of holiday binging which caused my weight to go up!) i'd gone from 300lbs down to between 246 and 247. this morning my scale said 270! i could kick myself.

it started with a splurgey birthday dinner and cake (in early october) then moved to halloween festivities, traveling, thanksgiving, a death in the family, even more traveling, christmas parties/festivities, more traveling, new years, a wedding, and MORE traveling... it was kinda difficult to keep myself in check! there was so much going on (for 3 weeks i ate dinner in a different place almost every night - and none of them mine), i just couldn't focus on losing or maintaining my weight. i had gotten down to a (tight) size 18 from a (loose) size 24, and now i'm sitting in my 20s again and my 18s seem to be a pipe dream.

here's to becoming a loser again!

thistoo 01-24-2012 06:46 AM

Welcome Mandy! Regaining is so disheartening, but at least we all know what to do to get things going back in the right direction again.

I had a moment last night when I was at the grocery store after work (starving, of course) when I nearly gave in and bought a frozen pizza for dinner. I don't even really like pizza, so I have no idea why it's one of my go-to binge foods. Thankfully I caught myself and got out of there with my cart full of chicken and fresh vegetables.

I went home and made an Egg Beater scramble with spinach, bell peppers and onions and it was a lot better than pizza. I did have a glass of wine, but it was my first alcohol in over a week, and after Wednesday I will be giving it up for at least 30 days, so I don't feel that bad about it.

This morning I got up and rode the spin bike for 30 minutes, and I'll do strength training (P90X) with my sister after work. I'm still only two pounds down, but I'm not going to let slow loss derail me. TOM is lurking, I think, so that might be exacerbating the situation with the scale.

Have a great day, everyone! We can do this.

patchworkpenguin 01-24-2012 11:27 AM

I weighed this morning, and considering what I ate over TOM, I'm happy to say I didn't gain anything.

Today I get to clean house, I'm so excited, don't I sound excited??? :dizzy:

Mandy, welcome, glad to have you join us.

patchworkpenguin 01-24-2012 02:53 PM

RANT~

I guess what drives me crazy is that I feel like I"m doing everything right. I exercise 4-5 days a week, I haven't had sweet tea or cokes in years, I don't sit around eating chips, choc, or anything like I used to, I try not to emotionally eat or eat mindlessly, I feel like I should have lost this weight already. I've made all these lifestyle changes, had all the right medical tests, but I still can't seem to lose weight and its very frusterating! What is going on? I weigh exactly what I did last year at this time!!!! I've gone up and down a bit but here I am again...

duckyyellowfeet 01-24-2012 08:29 PM

They started a Biggest Loser at my school. Besides having to weigh in with the nurse every week (urgh! And clearly I hafta be wearing clothes for this nonsense!) I'm actually really excited, which is a first for this journey.

I'm (secretly) really hoping to win. I'm the youngest on staff who is participating. Hopefully this is the motivation I need to start getting some exercise into my life again.

konfyoozed 01-24-2012 08:33 PM

good luck to you ducky!! be sure to let us know how it's going... and make sure to post your successes AND your not-so-much successes so we can cheer you on and keep you motivated :D

penguin, i hope you can find your groove soon! :( plateaus are the worst. mine lasted 3 months, and then i GAINED. good for you for keeping at it even though it doesn't seem to be working.

caroline - i totally understand the frozen pizza thing. whenever i'm having a lot of stress issues, i crave cheese! i want it on everything. angry or sad, i want sweets. but stress makes me want cheese. good for you for skipping the sodium/calorie fest and eating something healthier!

thistoo 01-24-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin (Post 4186613)
RANT~

I guess what drives me crazy is that I feel like I"m doing everything right. I exercise 4-5 days a week, I haven't had sweet tea or cokes in years, I don't sit around eating chips, choc, or anything like I used to, I try not to emotionally eat or eat mindlessly, I feel like I should have lost this weight already. I've made all these lifestyle changes, had all the right medical tests, but I still can't seem to lose weight and its very frusterating! What is going on? I weigh exactly what I did last year at this time!!!! I've gone up and down a bit but here I am again...

I feel your pain. I wish I had some suggestions for you, but I haven't figured it out yet either. It's definitely harder for some people than others, and that's just our bad luck, it seems. I'm cutting out grains in the hope that maybe that's causing my problems, but I'm trying not to count on it. I feel like I've tried everything and the weight just won't budge, though I know I've done it before, so I should be able to do it again.

Gaining it back is even worse, though, as you know, so hang in there.

patchworkpenguin 01-24-2012 11:05 PM

Tues, Jan 24
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= 2 c salad greens, extra carrots, drizzle dressing, leftover chicken pasta
S= few spoonfuls choc ice cream, 1/2 apple
S= 1/2 c dry cereal
D= homemade chicken and veggie stirfry with brown rice
S= 2 pumpkin/chocolate muffins
E= 45min cardio + 25min stretch fusion

Right = has a few spoonfuls of ice cream but wasn't enjoying it so I threw the rest out and had an apple instead {was that really me?}, exercised

Regret= I made the muffins but was only supposed to have ONE!

I agreed to give a devotional Thursday morning in front of 300+ people. Public speaking is not my thing; I am naturally shy, and I spent 8 years of my childhood in speech therapy for stuttering. {yay for forums!} I gave the devotional in front of a smaller group of women, then was asked to give it again. Naturally, I was flattered and agreed, but the closer the date gets the harder I have to work to not be nervous!

Ducky, I hope you win your BL contest.

Thistoo, thanks for the pep talk:D. With so many people on the forum losing {and in some cases doing a lot less work than I am}, its nice knowing that I"m not the only one.

thistoo 01-25-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin (Post 4187239)
With so many people on the forum losing {and in some cases doing a lot less work than I am}, its nice knowing that I"m not the only one.

I have been there so many times, I promise. I've been there with the muffins too, which is why I can't have any of that stuff in my house anymore. I can't even keep *flour* in my house or I will make something with it and sabotage myself. Still, one extra muffin is not ALL the muffins. You're doing great!

Beverlyjoy 01-25-2012 06:49 AM

Good morning relosers! I am happy to say I am officially down one more pound since I started my relosing journey of 230 down to 205. (I restarted last November) I am so grateful for the willingness to keep trying.

I am really aiming to change my 'mind set' about living with food and finding food sanity. It can't just be about the scale for me anymore. (mind you.. I think the scale is important!) But, I really want to work on addressing things that cause me to go off my plan... dealing with stress, emotions, fatigue, cravings, false hunger (wanting to eat more - even though I've just had a meal, etc) and things like that. It's always a journey for sure.

You are doing GREAT!! Carry on, relosers!

Beverlyjoy 01-25-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thistoo (Post 4187460)
I have been there so many times, I promise. I've been there with the muffins too, which is why I can't have any of that stuff in my house anymore. I can't even keep *flour* in my house or I will make something with it and sabotage myself. Still, one extra muffin is not ALL the muffins. You're doing great!

I agree, thistoo!!! I think there needs to be a 'safe haven' from all the food temptations of our world. For me, it's home. It should be the place that isn't so 'hard' - facing many temptations. Dh knows he has to keep certain things out of the house. Of course, he doesn't always adhere to that - but, sometimes I just say: "It would be so helpful to me if you didn't bring M&M's home from the store." This helps...at least for a while.

HealthyMeWannabe 01-25-2012 11:48 AM

Morning everyone! My scale is definitely moving in the right direction. I honestly am looking forward to Friday morning's weigh in to see where I am for the week.

Eliana 01-25-2012 12:58 PM

Healthyme, glad to hear it.

It's been rough getting the scale moving in the right direction for me but I think I finally got it going. This week I have worked out in some fashion 6 days. Most days I did my "regular" workout and most days I additionally walked three miles. Saturday I actually ran/walked 13 miles on the treadmill. That's half a marathon!

For all this, I lost three pounds. :D I'll take it.

I can't wait to see what next week brings, but I'm not sure I can keep up the intensity. It's just until March...that I will be working at it this intensely, that is. I really ought to get a whoosh here soon in addition to those three pounds because my muscles are sore, I was totally stressed out by a dentist appt. yesterday AND it's TOM. So really, I'm quite surprised to have lost at all!

Justwant2Bhealthy 01-25-2012 09:28 PM

YES, there are days (again & again) that we will be doing everything "right" -- keeping on plan, and the scale still gets stubborn. I try to look for the long-term and other victories; I am so happy to have a perfectly OP day, or week.

I had to ask my DH to not bring home the junkies too; and he is helping with that quite well now. When I make something now, I make sure it isn't something that I will binge on. I make DH muffins 1-2 times a month; the kind he likes, that is. I make low-calorie high-fiber ones for myself and put them in the freezer. If I want one, I have to take it out and nuke it. The stuff that causes me a problem, doesn't come in the house now; over time, I got better at this -- it did take a while.

Like last Halloween; I didn't buy any treats at all. Well, guess what? I didn't have any either ... dah! DH and I talked about this last night; we have decided not to do the candy stuff anymore. The kids out there get enuff from the other folks, their families, and the parties. Now I am working on my plan for Christmas next year: each year, less & less ... :D

Glad to see everyone doing so well; keep it up ladies -- you're doin' GREAT!!!

patchworkpenguin 01-25-2012 10:24 PM

Jan 25, Wed
b= 2 c milk, vits, 1 c cereal, 1/2 banana, 1/2 c milk
L= 1/2 pbj, 1/2 apple
S= 1/2 banana, 1 c milk
D= leftover roasted chicken breast, veggies, fudgepop
S= 2 c cereal, 1/2 c milk
E= 40min cardio

Right = Had a big breakfast so I wouldn't be tempted by the snack table at Bible study; did my exercise even when I could have blown it off

Regret= should have picked the fudgepop or the cereal not both

We had to take April to the vet. Good news, she's very healthy for her age {10?}, and she's lost 15lbs over the past year.

thistoo 01-26-2012 09:33 AM

Yesterday was not a perfect day for me, diet-wise. I had to go to a full day of training for work and I gave myself permission to up my calories a little because I knew I wouldn't be completely in control of my food. I packed healthy snacks, though, and chose a reasonable lunch. There was an unplanned post-training dinner excursion with a friend, but I stuck to salad with grilled chicken.

Considering my TOM started yesterday I was fighting off some major chocolate cravings, but I successfully managed to ignore them. Cutting out carbs makes that a lot easier for me.

Today is day one of my Whole 30 challenge, which is basically a really strict paleo diet for 30 days to cleanse my system. I have been eating that way more or less all week, but today's my 'official' start with black coffee and cutting out all dairy and sneaky added sugars. I feel a lot better when I eat this way and have way more energy, so I'm hopeful it will reflect on the scale as well.

As of yesterday morning I was down three pounds, though of course I am up three this morning thanks to TOM. I feel fantastic, though, and usually I am doubled over in pain on the first couple days, so I'm calling it a win.

I hope everyone else is having a good week! Mine has been hectic, but I feel like I can handle it without the aid of an entire bag of M&Ms, and I haven't been able to say that for a long time.

patchworkpenguin 01-26-2012 02:16 PM

The devotional went well; I didn't fall flat on my face trying to get to the podium, babble too much, or sneeze repeatedly but I'm glad its over! I got a lot of compliments, and my dad got a cd/recording which we listened to afterwards. My parents took me to GiGi's cupcakes after lunch :love:

Thistoo, glad to hear you are feeling so much better this week.

Eliana 01-26-2012 02:26 PM

Thistoo, it sounds like your body really likes that way of eating. Perhaps there's an intolerance there somewhere? Gluten perhaps?

Patchwork, I'm so glad it went well for you!

And I must ask...where is our Uber, she who started this thread? I'm keeping tabs on you, Uber!

VickieLou 01-26-2012 02:49 PM

I got down to 207 in 2009. But regained back into the 240's! I have to figure out what's causing me to overeat. I know right know it's stress eating. I belong to a gym and I'm slowly easing back into working out again.
I have been struggling to get back on plan. But need to do a better job of planning meals. Good Luck, Everyone! I just need to remind myself Summer will be here soon. I plan to be in Onderland by June 1st.

kuchick 01-26-2012 03:05 PM

Just checking in - down 1 pound and actually saw 155 (.9) but still seems like so much more when that 6 finally became a 5! 45 minutes on the elliptical every day, but really working on getting the calories dropped more. Running at 1450 a day. Need to get cravings under control though - first need to get DH to stop getting donuts on the weekend. He's got this idiot idea that I should be able to eat one, but even the calories from that is too high for how low my calories need to be and the rest of the day is spent on damage control from the ridiculous carb cravings that that one donut causes. It's just not worth it! How is it that a trip to buy gas ends up in donuts? Oh well, those donuts aren't even good - so next time I won't waste the calories on it. If I'm going to eat a donut, it'd better be gourmet!

thistoo 01-26-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliana (Post 4190257)
Thistoo, it sounds like your body really likes that way of eating. Perhaps there's an intolerance there somewhere? Gluten perhaps?

There's definitely something to it. Whether it's gluten or general carb intolerance or whatever, I feel a lot better eating this way, so I'm willing to make the commitment to a lifestyle of low carb. I don't think I was ready the last time I tried; I spent too much time relying on 'legal' versions of trigger foods, but this 30 day challenge doesn't allow me to do that, so I think it's the right choice.

Penguin, I'm glad the devotional went well! Good for you for powering through the fear.

konfyoozed 01-26-2012 05:27 PM

i keep reading that lack of sleep has a negative effect on weight loss. if that's true, then i'm in trouble. the last month i've been up later and later each night because when i try to lay down and go to sleep my brain won't shut off no matter how tired i am. last night i went in at about 2am. couldn't sleep. got up and read an entire book and was still wide awake when my husband got up at 7:30. tried to sleep a bit when he ran out for a little while... exhausted... i climbed in bed, got comfy, and did nothing but think about how complicated taxes are gonna be because we got married and moved to a different state. so i got out of bed when he got home and hung out with him for an hour or so while he ate breakfast. then went back in, so tired i was light headed, at around 10am, didn't even come close to falling asleep until after 11am. didn't sleep solid at all, woke up at least 3 times and looked at the clock. got out of bed at 4pm feeling like i'd been drugged. and my fingers are so swollen they hurt.

RANT RANT RANT.

okay, i'm done with that. sorry. :(

Eliana 01-26-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuchick (Post 4190320)
Just checking in - down 1 pound and actually saw 155 (.9) but still seems like so much more when that 6 finally became a 5! 45 minutes on the elliptical every day, but really working on getting the calories dropped more. Running at 1450 a day. Need to get cravings under control though - first need to get DH to stop getting donuts on the weekend. He's got this idiot idea that I should be able to eat one, but even the calories from that is too high for how low my calories need to be and the rest of the day is spent on damage control from the ridiculous carb cravings that that one donut causes. It's just not worth it! How is it that a trip to buy gas ends up in donuts? Oh well, those donuts aren't even good - so next time I won't waste the calories on it. If I'm going to eat a donut, it'd better be gourmet!

I've had similar trouble at work. We had "breakfast buddies" where members of the staff bring breakfast on payday Fridays. I thought I could indulge just a little with minor harm, but like you said, fighting the cravings the rest of the day was so very not worth it. It's not about the donut, it's about what happens later in the day. If I indulge it MUST be after dinner, period.

patchworkpenguin 01-27-2012 12:07 AM

Thursday, Jan 26
B=2.5 c milk, vits, 1/2 banana, 1 c cereal
L= Chick-fil-a 1/2 grilled chicken wrap, 1/2 choc mint cupcake
S= 1/2 c salsa, 1/2 c tortilla chips? crumbs from bottom of bag
D= 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1 french toast, syrup, coffee
S= 1/2 cupcake
E= none

I took a nap this afternoon. I was watching TV and kept falling asleep upright so I obviously needed it. I kept waking up last night thinking I was late for my devotional!

Thistoo, once I got past the horror of being strung up to a mike and in front of all those people I kind of enjoyed myself. :D

Mandy, I've read that about lack of sleep also. Neither my Mom nor I sleep well and we have similar problems so I'm wondering if there isn't something genetic about it also.

Kuchick, I used to work in a bakery, so now I can't stand the smell of donuts anymore. I agree if I'm going to waste calories on something sweet it better be something really great!

Vickielou, since you belong to a gym, hopefully you can get into the habit of working out your stress instead of eating. I have to admit most times eating is easier, this is something I struggle with also.

squiddle 01-27-2012 04:35 AM

Hi, just joining in here as a regainer. I lost 45lbs in 2005 but gained it back in 2007 and kept it on since (due to series of unfortunate events. im confident i can lose and maintain!)

I started at 273 and I am now at 264! a reasonable goal for me is 190 as I'm 6'0 tall. Glad to be here!

Justwant2Bhealthy 01-27-2012 03:23 PM

PENGUIN ~ I'm amazed that you can eat just 1/2 a cupcake. I'm not a big sweets fan, so donuts aren't a problem for me. My issue would be my favorite cookie; so they don't exist in my home ... ;) Congrats on doing so well at the devotional presentation; sent some prayers up for you about that!

Like others here, I just had to accept that there are certain trigger foods that set me off on a carb binge and that's that. If I see something is a problem for me, that one gets scrapped. I can make healthy muffins and eat only one; I put a tsp of peanut butter on each half for protein to balance that out. Yesterday, I put some whey protein powder in them, so I could skip the PB ... :D

MANDY ~ Since I went into menopause, I have issues with sleep -- I have a busy mind too. :lol: I find if I am chilled I can't sleep either, so I've been piling on the blankets, but then I get too :hot: and have to throw them off ... :dizzy:

My eating has been going well this week; I ate a bit more carbs trying to keep myself warm, but I still stayed well within my calorie amounts each day. Yahoo ... yahoo ... yahoo!!! :)

kuchick 01-27-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliana (Post 4190646)
I've had similar trouble at work. We had "breakfast buddies" where members of the staff bring breakfast on payday Fridays. I thought I could indulge just a little with minor harm, but like you said, fighting the cravings the rest of the day was so very not worth it. It's not about the donut, it's about what happens later in the day. If I indulge it MUST be after dinner, period.

I regularly indulge after dinner and am fine, and tonight I have the calories for a treat, but am not really hungry. I know I'm just sad that one of my kids is gone on his first sleep-over at a friend's and I want pity ice cream. I think I'll go get a glass of water and see how I feel in an hour. Shopping and lunch out for a "girl's day" with my 5yo DD tomorrow ought to cheer me up! My favorite lunch from Applebees has been moved to the under 550 cal menu. Nice to control calories, but they just made the portion smaller while leaving the price the same, and now I don't get leftovers to take home :(

WildThings 01-28-2012 10:40 AM

I'm still here, and still moving in the right direction for re-losing. I have been on reading some, but was sick all last weekend and it's been a very busy week so haven't been able to post. I haven't been too sick or busy to stay on plan though.

Headed out to run/walk in a few minutes!

patchworkpenguin 01-28-2012 10:44 AM

Friday, Jan 27
B= 1/2 banana, 1 c cereal, 1/2 c milk
L= 1/2 Chickfila grilled wrap, dressing
D= 1/2homemade BBQ Chicken pizza
S= pumpkin/choc muffin
E= 40min cardio

I outdid myself of the pizza this week! I usually just pull the stuff out fo the freezer, slap it on the par-baked crust and stick it back in the over. Yesterday I thawed out the peppers/onions ahead of time, sauteed them in a pan with a little truffle oil, added the leftover roasted chicken, while I parbaked the crust. Topped the crust with flaxseed, jar sauce, freshly grated colby cheese, the pepper mix, drizzled a little BBQ sauce on top and baked. I used a tube of refridgerated rolled crust but it came out very thin and crispy.

2Bheatlthy, We had also bought a cupcake for Hubby, but he was at work, so I didn't want to eat the whole thing at once, then sit there while he ate his later, feeling deprived. Thus the split. I like making sweets for an 'event', I can control the 'mindless' eating if I know I have to have enough to take the cookies someplace. Thanks for your prayers!

Squiddle, welcome, glad to have you join us!

Kuchick, aww, a first sleepover!:D I do better if I wait until after dinner for a indulgent snack also; knowing I can have something good later, keeps me on track!

Vladadog 01-28-2012 11:49 AM

Where did I go wrong?

I'm doing pretty good back eating healthy and losing weight - down 6 pounds so far - but I'm trying to figure out how I went off the rails.

I know I hit 100 pounds down and a plateau at the same time. Then I went on a week vacation with friends where I didn't stay on plan at all. That put me up 10 pounds. After that I went back to eating healthy but the 10 pounds didn't go away and slowly I started eating more junk food.

And then it took me 6 months to get serious again.

But why did I go back to eating junk food? And why did I wait so long to go back to healthy eating. Even if I'm not losing weight I feel so much better when I am eating whole foods and not pigging out on sugar.

thistoo 01-28-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladadog (Post 4192765)
But why did I go back to eating junk food? And why did I wait so long to go back to healthy eating. Even if I'm not losing weight I feel so much better when I am eating whole foods and not pigging out on sugar.

I honestly think sugar is a physical addiction. Once we get it back in our systems it is really hard to break the cycle. I have a huge problem with carbs and sugar of any variety, and the minute I start letting grains creep back into my diet it's SO hard to control myself.

I love eating oatmeal for breakfast and it's so healthy, but even though it's good for me, it triggers carb cravings. So I just can't have it at all.

I think sugar does the same thing to us. Once we let it creep back in, our brains get sort of fogged and our bodies crave another hit, and breaking the pattern of addiction takes a tremendous effort. Good for you for making the break! If it's any comfort at all, I am right there with you. I just have to accept that I can never go back to eating 'like a normal person', not if I want to keep the weight off permanently this time.