3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/251082-regainers-relosing-get-off-again.html)

Ciao 01-21-2012 06:40 PM

i'm definitely in. (:

kuchick 01-21-2012 06:46 PM

I'm here, too - back up 15 pounds and never reached goal. Doesn't everyone seem to say that taking a break speeds up weight loss? - nope, hasn't happened. Doesn't help that my restart happened during my typical stall 2 weeks. My mindset sounds the same as many - lost a pound?, so what, I was here one year ago today and should have been done by now. I need to change that and get excited about losing again.

Anyone mind if I post my daily weigh-in here for my records? It helps me stay accountable to at least not regain more.

thistoo 01-21-2012 07:16 PM

This afternoon my sister (also my workout partner) brought me a book she'd made of some old pictures from when I'd gotten down to 150, along with some pictures from this Thanksgiving. Wow, I thought I was still *huge* the first time around, but I actually looked really good. It's certainly good incentive to keep going.

patchworkpenguin 01-21-2012 07:33 PM

Thistoo, I have a college of pictures on my sewing room wall of me at my highest and two of me at my 'goal'.

Michi, I agree that balance is important. I've tried many different plans/styles of weightloss but what works for others my body sneers at:(, I've discovered that for me my mindset is as important as what I'm actually doing. If I'm mentally in a bad place, feeling overwhelmed, deprived, and unhappy it doesn't matter how hard I try or what I do, I'm not going to lose anything, and if I somehow accidently lose something its just going to come right back. which seems to be my main problem I lose 5lbs then it comes right back.

Beverlyjoy, good to see you here

I have an NSV to report. I lost 10lbs over the past 1.5 months so I was able to buy a smaller sized jean today. 20->18w. Strangely enough my favorite jeans are 18m, which now fit also, proving that sizing is weird!

osaunt 01-21-2012 08:16 PM

Another regainer here ready to get back on the losing track. Last year I lost 40 lbs and was approaching onderland when I started to struggle. My weight loss stalled for a couple months, but I knew I had been straying from my plan and was grateful to be at least able to maintain my loss. Then I went on a three month binge that was truly frightening. I started justifying fast food because I was "tired", desserts multiple times a day because I was "stressed", stopped weighing myself, drinking soda etc. It just was just a major, extended pity party and to this day I'm not sure what triggered it. One thing I am grateful for is that I had given away all my larger sized clothing. It was pretty impossible to sustain my denial as my clothes became uncomfortably snug:( I finally braved the scale and I was up 16 pounds. *sigh* In the last couple months I've able stop the out of control binging and have lost three pounds. But I'm still struggling to find my way. Thank you ubergirl for starting this thread - we can do this!

Beverlyjoy 01-21-2012 08:27 PM

Hi Patchwork Penguin! Nice to see you too. Congrats on your weightloss and smaller pants!!!

Sounds like we have some folks here ready to get serious!

shadowclaw 01-21-2012 10:18 PM

Just wanted to drop by and share a bit of excitement...

I was picking out clothes for tomorrow when I noticed a pair of jeans hanging in my closest that I haven't fit into for years. They were my favorite jeans when I fit into them. They were only a little bit too small last time I remembered trying to squeeze into them, so I thought, what the heck? Well, I tried them on... and they fit perfectly! I also found a pair of black pants that I fit into when I started working at Pizza Hut, and considering I'm only 3 pounds above that weight, I decided to try those on, too. And guess what... they fit perfectly, too!

I'm so excited! I haven't been at this weight in over three years.

patchworkpenguin 01-21-2012 10:47 PM

I like to post my meals, exercise and thoughts on the day, so here goes...

Sat Jan 21
B= 2 c milk, vits, 2 slices homemade cinnamon bread french toast, syrup, 1 slice bacon, 1 mug coffee
L= 1/2 Commissary BBQ sand, beans, 1 deviled egg, few sips of Hubby's coffee
S= 5 Dove + 2 TB PB
D= 2 slices leftover homemade meatball pizza, 1 choc truffle
E= none {April didn't get her dog walk, it was raining}

Right= splitting BBQ with Hubby; spreading my meals thoughout the day

Regret= probably would have been just as happy with 1 slice toast; no exercise but I could have done a DVD.

Shadow, great job on fitting into your pants.

Underwater 01-22-2012 03:35 AM

I'm so happy you started this thread! in 2008, I went from 260 to 230. Went on vacation and stuffed my face and I guess just gave up at that point. To be honest, I don't really remember :(

Got on the scale Christmas Day and weighted in at 265. UGH... gained back all my hard work and another 5 lbs on top of it.

Does anyone else feel like they are working especially hard to get back to where they were? The last time I lost this weight it look 10 weeks to lose almost 20 lbs. I think about 18 or so. So far I've lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks and hoping it will be 13 or 14 lbs in 4 weeks since I weigh tomorrow!

I started college in 2002 somewhere between 210 & 220 lbs. Went on a crazy diet and got to about 190 before meeting a great guy and packing on the pounds when I was with him. So really, this is my 3rd attempt to get to a normal weight.

I'm not expecting to ever be a skinny girl, but if I could get to 175, I know I'd look and feel great and can reevaluate my long term goal then :)

thistoo 01-22-2012 09:18 AM

Underwater, I've only lost two pounds in two weeks so far. It's definitely coming off more slowly this time (which, considering how slowly it came off the first time, is just depressing.)

Maybe once I back in the swing of things it'll start to move a little faster, but I'm pretty much resigned to the slow creep of weight loss this time around. Losing is better than regaining more, however slow.

Eliana 01-22-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thistoo (Post 4182589)

Like Eliana, I'd hoped I could get a woosh of 5-10 pounds at the beginning, but alas, it was not to be. I'm one pound down after about two weeks back on plan, and I've really kicked my workouts back into high gear, so things are starting to shift already. I need to really clean up my diet in order to see the weight move, though, and that's proving to be the tricky part for me. I'm considering doing Whole 30 just to jump-start things.

This is how I feel. I'm back to feeling like I've put in an awful lot of effort for very little return. Going from a Christmas diet of fudge, chocolates, cakes, and worst of all, all the licks and spoonfuls that come with making the above mentioned treats, to a diet of heavy veggies, fruits and protein and eliminating sweets completely seems like it ought to produce a little weight loss. Add to that heavier morning workouts AND an added one hour walk in the evenings, and I'd like to know where my Biggest Loser losses are! :D

What is Whole 30? I'm curious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuchick (Post 4182709)
I'm here, too - back up 15 pounds and never reached goal. Doesn't everyone seem to say that taking a break speeds up weight loss? - nope, hasn't happened. Doesn't help that my restart happened during my typical stall 2 weeks. My mindset sounds the same as many - lost a pound?, so what, I was here one year ago today and should have been done by now. I need to change that and get excited about losing again.

Anyone mind if I post my daily weigh-in here for my records? It helps me stay accountable to at least not regain more.

I've always told people who came back with a regain that they were lucky because all they had to do was get back on plan and the weight should just fly off. But here's a whole thread of us telling me that nope, that hasn't worked for us. And yes, my weight loss seems to have started with that dreaded two week stall as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater (Post 4183034)
I

Does anyone else feel like they are working especially hard to get back to where they were? The last time I lost this weight it look 10 weeks to lose almost 20 lbs. I think about 18 or so. So far I've lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks and hoping it will be 13 or 14 lbs in 4 weeks since I weigh tomorrow!

Yes, I feel like I work out especially hard to get back to where I was. This time I pray to make 145 stick! I'm going to try not to get stuck on the fact that 145 is the very top of my healthy range. I was a size 4 at that weight! It's not the number, it's the size. In my previous attempt I had joined this 100 pound club, so that meant I had to lose 100 pounds, right? 90 made it so I shouldn't be part of this club. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Eliana 01-22-2012 12:11 PM

Oh, but on a positive note!! :D

My weight is finally starting to move. I dropped two pounds overnight into yesterday morning. My body decided to let go of the water it had been holding onto.

HealthyMeWannabe 01-22-2012 12:37 PM

Oh, count me in. I've never hit my goal weight, or even come close for that matter. But a couple of years ago I lost 40 pounds and was well on my way to getting there. Then, it seemed like overnight I lost all motivation and gained it all back plus some. It was not what I wanted at all. But I'm back in the mindset and ready to get this weight off!

thistoo 01-22-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliana (Post 4183351)
What is Whole 30? I'm curious.

It's pretty much like Primal Blueprint, I hear. Basically it's 30 days of only whole foods. You're supposed to cut out all grains, dairy, and legumes. They allow green beans even though they're technically legumes, because they're mostly pod, but peanuts and peanut butter are off limits.

Coffee is okay, but it has to be black. Also off limits are sweeteners of any kind, even artificial, and alcohol. So basically you're eating protein and vegetables, minus corn (grain) and white potatoes (since they have no nutritional value.) I'm not sure if I can do it and still get in 1400 calories a day, but you can have other nuts and nut butters, so that's something.

If I try it out I'll let you know how it goes. I can't start until after Wednesday because I have all-day training at work and I won't be able to control everything that day.

Vivian27 01-22-2012 01:58 PM

I'm definitely in!! Thanks for this thread I definitely need to check in every so often. I've done well but it is difficult to motivate myself at times. I'm not alone and that makes me feel less crappy.