3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/251082-regainers-relosing-get-off-again.html)

SMSDREAMER2007 03-14-2012 12:39 PM

Heather - Your welcome!

Beaverlyjoy- Only 3 lbs! that's great! You will get that off in NO time.

Findingfrawn
- I would bump up to 1500 first and see how you do, I find if I add too many calories in at once even if I am upping the exercise then I plateau...go figure!

Mahtha - Thank you for the welcome! Here in oregon, we walk whether its rain or not;) Its the oregonian way! hehe GL on seeing a loss this week!

thistoo- Wow fasting....I would never be able to survive a whole day without food. More power to you! Ive always wanted to try it but by night I am soooo hungry I binge :\

Penguin
- 80?? wow *jealous* We've had rain/wind storms all this month :/ Its supposed to be spring here but NOPE. Even had a little snow yesterday :/

Slashni- Yay! wtg for day 3 OP! you can keep it up!

Scale today said 244 which means all the water weight from my beach trip and 2 binges is gone! :carrot::carrot: Now to get these last 5 lbs of the 240's off me and get into the 230's WAHOOO I hope I make it this month! Ive been in the 240's since september :\ Even made it back into the 250's and saw 260 once in jan YIKES! Thankfully that was all water weight and disappeared pretty quickly. I NEVER want to see 250 or 260 EVER again!

thistoo 03-14-2012 01:16 PM

SMSDreamer, I do 24 hour fasts, but I go from dinner to dinner, so I never go a whole day without eating. For instance, I ate dinner last night, and tonight when I get home from work I will break my fast with dinner. I'm not saying it's always easy, but for me it's easier to not go an entire day without food. I have a friend who does that, but I'm not sure I could handle it.

I can't say it's helping my weight loss (I think it's the reason I keep bouncing, actually) but it helps me with some digestive issues I have (IBS-type symptoms) so it's worth it for that alone. I just started three weeks ago, but I'm doing two 24-hour fasts a week and so far so good.

Sue, a little role reversal is probably good for both of us! I can't imagine what it must be like to be the one to prop everyone up all the time, so I'm happy to pitch in and help do it here so you don't feel like you have to. :D

Diane, claiming I have patience is another thing that would make everyone I know fall out of their chair! Thanks, though. I am trying a lot harder to have patience with myself this time around. I think that was my downfall last time, so it's a battle I have to win.

Okay, back to work. All this spring weather is making it hard to focus on my job, but I only have one and a half more work days before vacation, so I better try.

SMSDREAMER2007 03-14-2012 01:47 PM

thistoo- Jealous! Its rainy and dreary here!

konfyoozed 03-14-2012 03:04 PM

okay ya'll. today was supposed to be my weigh in day, and i forgot to do it then ate breakfast and chugged a bottle of water.

meh. just as well. it's TOM and he had his way with me yesterday, dragging me to the fridge every 5 minutes to see if there was something new, and when there wasn't grabbing whatever was available. i snacked on carrots, and green pepper strips, and string cheese, and my husband's doritos, and the dark chocolate kisses we keep on the coffee table (normally easy to resist because i only like dark chocolate when i'm craving chocolate). i made scrambled egg whites at midnight because i was absolutely starving... my meals were mostly low cal or healthy choices BUT I ATE SO MUCH... i didn't even log cause it was so mindless i couldn't remember what i ate after i ate it.

so probably good that i missed the scale today.

gah. one more day of TOM and then i can be normal again! hopefully we can get to the gym tonight. the last two nights i've just been miserable and exhausted.

still need to get some lifting gloves....

have a good day all. i'll try to stop being a downer soon!

heathermichigan 03-14-2012 08:43 PM

Another day, another bounce up in weight. 1.2 pounds. Boooo. But I will not be frustrated. I should just skip weighing myself until I'm better and back to working out, but I want to keep the schedule so that it becomes a habit. I am never going to avoid the scale again--good or bad, I want to be aware of my weight forever. Otherwise...that's how the regain happens me thinks! :p

SMSDREAMER2007 03-14-2012 08:57 PM

Tonight....My family bought pizza...one of my BIG downfalls. Every time they do I say I am not going to have ANY...and i end up binging :\ Today I said I was not going to have any..and ate about 1-2 to 3/4 a piece (Don't know for sure because it was papa murphy's so we cut it ourselves...I can't help but feeling guilty for having the half of a slice but feel good that it was only 1/2 a slice

heathermichigan 03-14-2012 09:23 PM

I know how you feel. Pizza and french fries are two foods that I sometimes can't completely resist, but when I eat it, I just want more. So if you can stick with just a half a piece or so, good for you! Try not to feel guilty :)

Muggles 03-14-2012 09:49 PM

Even 1 piece sounds like good control. Far better than the 1/2 pizza that I likely would have eaten!

You had a huge temptation in front of you and you kept your control. WTG!

Muggles 03-14-2012 09:51 PM

Working on my PT so that I can get back to exercising. I'm embarrassed at how weak my body is :( Just doing some basic stretches and I am exhausted and sweaty :(

My son is going to be home sick tomorrow. I'm planning on taking him with to PT if he is feeling well enough. I cannot let his illness be my excuse again (not contagious, he has a chronic illness).

SMSDREAMER2007 03-14-2012 10:15 PM

Thanks ya'll! II can resist take out pizza...Its the home baked I can't (Because not only do you smell it after it's baked but you also smell it while it's cooking and they bout THREE family sized pizza's that's a total of almost 2 hours of smelling warm pizza) Torture or what?

Muggles 03-14-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMSDREAMER2007 (Post 4254049)
Thanks ya'll! II can resist take out pizza...Its the home baked I can't (Because not only do you smell it after it's baked but you also smell it while it's cooking and they bout THREE family sized pizza's that's a total of almost 2 hours of smelling warm pizza) Torture or what?

I don't like homebaked pizza but that smell...you are so right about the smell...in the past it would tempt me to order a take-out pizza! I finally had to make a rule that pizza is a once a month treat. We were getting it once a week!

SMSDREAMER2007 03-15-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muggles (Post 4254103)
I don't like homebaked pizza but that smell...you are so right about the smell...in the past it would tempt me to order a take-out pizza! I finally had to make a rule that pizza is a once a month treat. We were getting it once a week!

I don't like it either that much and ordering take- out was not an option...they get it about once or twice a week:\ Normally I can leave, etc when they get pizza but I had so much homework that that wasn't really an option with the time that our library closed :\

Steelslady 03-15-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMSDREAMER2007 (Post 4253959)
Tonight....My family bought pizza...one of my BIG downfalls. Every time they do I say I am not going to have ANY...and i end up binging :\ Today I said I was not going to have any..and ate about 1-2 to 3/4 a piece (Don't know for sure because it was papa murphy's so we cut it ourselves...I can't help but feeling guilty for having the half of a slice but feel good that it was only 1/2 a slice

Instead of not allowing yourself to have it, why not just work it into your diet? Depriving yourself will only make you want it more.

SMSDREAMER2007 03-15-2012 01:54 AM

Because If I work some into my diet I will overeat. Plus, if I do eat it, My sodium will be WAAYYY out of whack which isn't good for me. Even today, I had the half of a piece and it was SSSOOOOOO hard to stop. I'm still sitting here wanting it :\ And I didnt have the leeway in sodium or calories to have the pizza.

patchworkpenguin 03-15-2012 02:41 AM

Our electricity was off for several hours tonight. I went to bed early but now I'm up with a headache and can't sleep. Always something. At least the power came back on! :D

I did about 25min of kickboxing, I followed this with 25min of an active stretching DVD which started with a kick series {which I had just ended with on the kicboxing dvd:dizzy:} then we went into lunges, then arms.

thistoo 03-15-2012 06:56 AM

I can't work pizza into my calories either. It's just a slippery slope for me. Plus, all the carbs and wheat make me gain even if I stay within my calories, so it's off my list of approved foods. Good for you for keeping your portion under control! We all know what a triumph that is.

Muggles, I hope you're feeling better soon. Don't be embarrassed that you feel weak. Just think of it as a starting point. You have nowhere to go but up, and you'll be surprised at how fast you gain your strength back.

I'm at 200.4 this morning. I don't have time to obsess about that half a pound, though, because I have a meeting first thing. I hate meetings! Today's my last work day for over a week, though, so I can't complain. I have lots of stuff to take care of before I leave town, though, so it's going to be a busy day. That makes it easier to stick to my diet, at least!

Have a great Thursday, everyone.

kmac1196 03-15-2012 07:56 AM

Morning ladies! I seem to be losing .2 lbs per day. It's good but I want more!!!! Especially in comparison to the effort I put in. Oh, well. My daughters bday today..she chose to go to a chinese buffet for lunch....thankfully, it has a grill with fresh veggies, chicken, and beef so that will be my choice! Lots of veggies!!!

Hunger is still non existant. Which is good. I set my phone to make sure I eat every 3 hours. Going to NY in April for a couple days with the kids and dh. A bit nervous about food choices! I'll have to make a plan.

mahtha 03-15-2012 09:32 AM

SMSDREAMER2007, Congrats on the pizza victory! Pizza is one on my downfalls as well. I try not to have it often and really have to plan for it - it can never be one of those spur of the moment things. I have a working lunch meeting today. At 5 last night I got an email announching we'd be having pizza for lunch . I had to respond "none for me, thanks" because I just can't work it in today so if you have any of that will power left, wouldja send a little my way?

Muggles, many of us got back to exercising very slowly. Don't be hard on yourself, you're doing something REALLY good. It all takes time...

kmac1196, Congrats on the .2/day, that's a great pace.

thistoo, Cheering you on to Onederland, I know it's something you've been working really hard toward. :cheer2:

patchworkpenguin, Was your power outage weather related? We had a crazy wind and hail storm the night before last - I can't believe we never lost power. Glad to hear it's back.. now on to fixing that headache...

heathermichigan, I feel your pain. My weight seems to be crazy inconsistent. It's up when it *should be* down and vice-versa. I keep telling myself if I keep doing the right things it'll all come together, but I'm not a very patient person so this is getting old fast.

I'm going to have a tough time getting exercise in today so it'll have to be tonight before dinner. It's getting easier every day and I'm determined not to slack off and have to start again.

I hope everyone has a fantastic, OP day!

findingfawn 03-15-2012 09:35 AM

Morning ladies!

Hmm trying to remember what I just read.. the PIZZA DISCUSSION... we have a local shop, the guy who owns it is a friend of hubby's and the pizza there is amazing. He makes some of the craziest yet most delicious concoctions ever. We have convinced them to make us a "diet" pizza. He uses a med size ball of dough, turns it into an extra large size pizza.. I wish it was wheat but oh well, he then tops it with some sauce and lots of bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, and a tiny bit of cheese. A slice is enough to fill us, and it's not as horrible as a thick crust pizza loaded with cheese and meats. It's not the best choice but it is a nice treat once in a while.

Today I tried a new WATP video. I have been doing a few 3 mile workouts, and well I have the Abs series and never had the belt so I ordered the 3mi Walk Away Your Waisteline.. I thought no problem I will get through it like the other 3 mile ones. NO WAY!!! That one is way more intense than any of the others I have done! It moves sooo fast!!! I was dying! Just before the 2 mile marker I knew I was toast! I cooled myself down and stretched. It will be a while before I can do that one! On a sad side note, the belt is too small for me :( I ended up rigging it to fit with some extra velcro :( I'll get there though, I'm working hard and before I know it that belt will be fitting my big ol' belly!

Hope everyone has a great day!

heathermichigan 03-15-2012 10:30 AM

Thanks mahtha.
I have gotten extremely frustrated the last week and a half. The weight just sort of stopped coming off overall. I'll lose, but then gain it back, over and over, day after day. Down a pound, up a half a pound, down a half a pound, up a pound, etc. etc. I'm getting close to calling my nutritionist and seeing if I should shake up what I'm eating a little--eat differently or less or more or something. Exercising more, longer, or harder isn't possible so it's gotta be the food. I drink plenty of water, almost never drink anything else. Don't add salt or eat the processed things that have salt. Not the right time of the month for it to be happening.
But I'm stubborn, too, so I keep doing what I'm doing and don't cheat. I can't exercise this week (still feeling pretty awful and had a lot going on at work that I couldn't miss, so I'm sort of exhausted from that too) so I'm trying to remember that those 5-6 per week/~500 calories burned workouts add up and will help me along once I workout again. But still....I normally lose 2-2 1/2 lbs a week. I'd be happy with 1 1/2 a week.
Anyway.....this is a longggggggggg journey and I am trying hard to just keep it up. If something has to change, it has to change and I'll change it. I am not giving up until I'm at my goal, so that's just how it is. ;)

mahtha 03-15-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heathermichigan (Post 4254530)
I have gotten extremely frustrated the last week and a half. The weight just sort of stopped coming off overall. I'll lose, but then gain it back, over and over, day after day. Down a pound, up a half a pound, down a half a pound, up a pound, etc. etc.

This has been my life for the last FIVE weeks. I MUST be doing something wrong, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what. I'm anal about counting my points, (WW) and I've cut way back on my carbs. I'm drinking my water, I'm exercising... My body must just be in shock and has no idea what to do!:yikes:

I keep hoping once something happens it'll be worth the wait. I'm not a very patient person...

heathermichigan 03-15-2012 10:44 AM

Ugh, mahtha. I did WW before my wedding years ago, and I lost 10 pounds over a number of weeks and then just slowly started gaining it all back. I wasn't cheating, I was exercising plenty, and the leader told me to just keep at it. I was like um.....no thanks. I don't want to actively GAIN weight while following a particular diet. And that was that for me and WW.
Then I tried South Beach, which worked but I wanted to strangle someone (anyone) on a regular basis. I like my fruit ;) And then Nutrisystem, which was okay for awhile but I started hating the food and would actually get sick from it. This specialized, personalized nutritionist thing is the only thing that works for me.

thistoo 03-15-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heathermichigan (Post 4254548)
Ugh, mahtha. I did WW before my wedding years ago, and I lost 10 pounds over a number of weeks and then just slowly started gaining it all back. I wasn't cheating, I was exercising plenty, and the leader told me to just keep at it. I was like um.....no thanks. I don't want to actively GAIN weight while following a particular diet. And that was that for me and WW.
Then I tried South Beach, which worked but I wanted to strangle someone (anyone) on a regular basis. I like my fruit ;) And then Nutrisystem, which was okay for awhile but I started hating the food and would actually get sick from it. This specialized, personalized nutritionist thing is the only thing that works for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahtha (Post 4254539)
This has been my life for the last FIVE weeks. I MUST be doing something wrong, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what. I'm anal about counting my points, (WW) and I've cut way back on my carbs. I'm drinking my water, I'm exercising... My body must just be in shock and has no idea what to do!:yikes:

You guys should consider reading Wheat Belly. It's about a year old, so if your library doesn't have it, ask if they can get it through interlibrary loan (guess what I do for a living?) I know the 'no grains' thing is not for everyone, and I swear I'm not a disciple, but it's amazing the things gluten does to our body, and the things they put wheat in.

Kristen, I'm going to NYC in May with a couple friends, and I have planned the heck out of our trip to make sure there are healthy/wheat-free options available for me. Traveling messes with my already fragile digestive system, so I need to know where I can get a giant salad that's not swimming in dressing no matter where I am. Depending on where you're staying, there are some good options that won't break the calorie budget.

heathermichigan 03-15-2012 11:03 AM

I've thought about avoiding wheat, and do try to eat only a little wheat and more rice, fruit, etc. for my carbs, but as a vegetarian, it is hard to avoid wheat and meat AND be on a diet when I'm not at home.

thistoo 03-15-2012 11:36 AM

Sorry, I didn't realize you were vegetarian. I understand that challenge; I was a vegetarian myself for about a decade, but when I started trying to lose weight and I kept hitting walls I realized that there was no way I could do it and avoid meat at the same time. Carbs just love my hips too much.

So now I try to eat organic/humanely/local as often as possible, though it's sometimes a challenge to stretch my budget that far. I still have a hard time with it sometimes, but for me it was a choice between being at a healthy weight and staying meat-free, unfortunately.

Slashnl 03-15-2012 12:30 PM

My goodness, this thread moves so fast. Ha! Lots of activity here!

I totally overslept this morning and I didn't get to go to Body Pump. I guess it is ok. I was feeling really tired and sore last night. I think I'll go take a walk at lunch.

Gotta run, but wanted to say a quick hi!

Beverlyjoy 03-15-2012 12:36 PM

Hi Relosers!
Yesterday was mostly healthy. I did some gardenning. What was I thinking?? (I wasn't) It made my hernia surgery ache. I panicked and ate extra. Today it feels OK. I must remind my self to be more careful.

Today I went to the store and got lots of healthy foods. I am trying foods a little more spicy. My goal is to be able to eat a friend's recipe for Pumpkin Soup. I've been thinking about making it a long time.. but - I think I am getting closer to being able to eat it.

Yesterday - I logged/measured/planned my food (until I ate extra in the evening) Drank lots of water. Did my exercises. I had no seconds. All in all it was a descent 'start again' day.

Today I am off to a good start.

As always, thanks for your support, kindness & wisdom.

SMSDREAMER2007 03-15-2012 05:42 PM

Penguin- Glad you got your electricity back on!

Thistoo- Ditto, That is EXACTLY why I couldn't. Soo close to onederland! You can do it I know it! Good luck on all your meetings, etc. today!

Mahtha- Here is some extra willpower for you! :dust::dust::dust: BTW I did weight watchers when I was younger and I find that most people have the same problem you are having. They stop losing unless they lower points even more. The thing that I don't like about the new weight watchers is that it isn't based on caloric nutrients like the old version was. I heard a lot of people are NOT losing on this program. Maybe look into doing an old version of WW or cutting even lower on starches??

finding - That sounds yummy!

Heather- I HATE that. That's how I was for soooo many months around the 240's UGH. annoying....

Slahnl - Lucky for getting the extra sleep! your body probably needed it! Good idea doing a walk at lunch, it will be worth it!

Beverly- Bea careful! No more hospital visits for you! Over eating once in a while is ok, just eat less today, you will do fine! Congrats o getting back on the wagon!

Today is gonna be a looooonnngg day. My ballroom final was today, I used to take ballroom dance at my school as my exercise but after today no more ballroom :( I can't fit it into my schedule. Saddness. I know I will pass the class but I am stressing about my math final next week. YIKES! I pray I pass this class, I just can't bare to retake ANOTHER math class...ugh. I have an orientation tonight to volunteer for oregon partnership (our suicide prevention/vets services hotlines) Excited to start that and get some practicum to add to my CV for when I am eventually ready to apply to grad school :D Oh and down to 243.8 this AM YAY!!! officially back to the weight I was at when I fell off the wagon the day before thanksgiving. No more relosing WOOT! time to go past my lowest adult weight and into goal!

konfyoozed 03-15-2012 05:56 PM

evening ya'll!! :)

i've had a crazy cleaning day, and hubby's been working on school stuff and studying for midterms all day. so i'm rewarding us with a favorite household dish... baked rotini :) (nothing fancy, just pasta with tomato sauce and cheese)... with a side of cheese puffs and a garden salad. if i follow my plan, (for me - 1 serving of the rotini, 3 puffs, and a big salad with 2tbsp of light ranch) i can keep dinner to around 700 calories (which is fine, i still have about 1300 left!) and still have room for a snack after my workout. yay!

I WILL GO TO THE GYM TONIGHT!

heathermichigan 03-15-2012 08:27 PM

thistoo--no problem! :) I definitely don't expect people to know I'm a veggie unless I tell them.
I try to be realistic for my lifestyle and not try something that I won't be able to follow through with MOST of the time while I'm out in the real world. I was even vegan for awhile, but I realized I couldn't do that and have a social life ;) Too hard to travel and eat out and eat at other people's houses, even bringing my own food when I could.
Anyway...I have to be cautious of the carbs in many veggie protein options. So I have to count stuff like lentils as a carb and a protein, which gets complicated sometimes. I eat things like greek yogurt a lot and cottage cheese and tofu that are more pure protein and not half and half.

Off topic: I would pay someone a large amount of money right now to have some garlicky breadsticks without any calories or causing issues to my weight loss journey. Sigh. A girl can dream....:dizzy:

dgramie 03-16-2012 09:11 AM

Help ladies...Im having a hard time staying motivated!! I do great for a few days and then eat off for a few days. I have to get going!! I need this extra weight off!!

Slashnl 03-16-2012 10:57 AM

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning... not an official weigh in, that will be on Monday. But I was just curious. And... nothing moved. Maybe my scale is stuck. :) Oh well, we'll see what happens Monday morning.

dgramie: I hear ya! But you've done so well, try to keep in the game. I am not good at having good inspirations for keeping motivated, but just try to make it not optional. Just something you do... eating right and staying on track. I hope it comes back to you!

konfyoozed 03-16-2012 11:53 AM

new thread is here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ml#post4255933

since we went way over 500 posts!