3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/251082-regainers-relosing-get-off-again.html)

thistoo 02-08-2012 09:09 AM

Dix, here's the secret to my cinnamon chicken:

Line the bottom of your crockpot with tin foil. Place one whole chicken in the crockpot. Pour a little lemon juice over the chicken (I don't measure anything, so I just squirt some juice in there straight from the bottle. You could also put cut fresh lemons in if you'd rather.) Sprinkle cinnamon and salt over the chicken skin.

Put the lid on, cook on low for about six hours. Your chicken will come out falling-off-the-bone tender, much like a grocery store rotisserie chicken. It's an adaptation of an old chicken recipe of my mom's, but the original involved a butter baste. Cooking in the crockpot retains the moisture without all the butter.

thistoo 02-08-2012 09:18 AM

Dix and Sandye, you're both absolutely right, my calories are too low some days and that's causing the problem for sure. I added sweet potatoes to breakfast this week to help push them up, and I'm trying to get almond butter in my snacks for more of a boost.

(This is the first time in my life I've had trouble getting in *more* calories. It's really weird!)

Anyway, I managed to push my intake up to about 1600 total yesterday, and this morning I was down a pound, so I absolutely think that's key. I've done calorie cycling before without much success, but I think that was because I usually used high calorie days as an excuse to eat a bunch of junk I shouldn't have at all.

This time around I'm restricted to whole foods, and it's more work to push my calories up. But between the almond butter, sweet potatoes, and the hard boiled eggs I've been using for snacks, I think I can do it.

Rakel and anyone else I missed yesterday, welcome! This is a great group and we're glad to have you. I know checking in daily has really helped keep me focused on losing again (for good this time!) Rakel, congratulations on catching the gain before it got out of hand. I wish I'd done the same.

time2lose 02-08-2012 09:54 AM

Hi everyone,

I hope that you don't mind if I join this thread. It seems perfect for me. I lost 100+ pounds over 2 years but regained 43 pounds in 2011. I was caring for my father who was fighting cancer. I know exactly what caused the weight gain. I could not keep my regular routine, was constantly on the road eating fast food, ate like my parents when I was at their home, had lots of high calorie food brought in by neighbors and church family, and lastly, really did some bad emotional eating.

My father passed away last week so I gave myself the week to feed my emotions. Now I am back on plan. Seeing the fragility of life makes me want to get the most out of life and that means being a healthy weight so that I can be as active as possible. During the past year, my father and I had many conversations about life in general and one way that I want to honor him is by living the fullest life possible. He told me so many times that a lifetime goes by quickly, so get the most out of life that you can.

I have started my old plan and I have to say that it feels good. I will probably have to adapt it, but this is a good place to start. I have today off of work so I am going to surf 3FC and make food plans for the next few days. I hurt my food on Sunday so I won't be able to exercise for a few days but that will be the next big plan.

While it is somewhat discouraging to have gained weight, I remind myself that I am not back to my highest weight. I was thrilled when I hit this weight when losing the original weight, so I am working to get back that enthusiasm and look forward to losing more weight.

mahtha 02-08-2012 09:56 AM

I feel so at home already, thanks for the warm welcome and comraderie.

Yesterday was OK. I had planned some snacks for the superbowl that I didn't end up making, so we had appetizers for dinner last night and I still managed to stay under my points for the day.

B coffee, english muffin/butter spray
L salad, grilled chicken, ff dressing
S berries, green beans
D steamed mussels, seafood stuffed mushrooms

My lunch plans for today just cancelled and I didn't pack a lunch so I may have to fall back on a WW meal for lunch. These always feel like a snack rather than a meal - good thing I have carrot sticks and green beans handy to munch on.

We have a really busy weekend coming up so I'm trying to plan, plan, plan so I can stay OP. Have already scoured restaurant menus and planned my dinners so I don't blow it. Damn, this can be a lot of work, but so much easier with a group of like-minded friends.:D

mahtha 02-08-2012 10:11 AM

Welcome, Cheryl! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. How courageous of you to give yourself a little time and get back OP - I would have seen that as an excuse to slide for quite some time. Hurrah for you!

konfyoozed 02-08-2012 02:26 PM

hey everyone! (p.s. for those that struggle with my ID - i should probably change it but i've been here for almost a year - my name is mandy. feel free to use it, it's much easier :)

today was weigh in day, and much to my surprise, i was down 3.1 pounds! :o i didn't expect it to happen because of the way my weekend worked out, but i guess working out twice a day before and after has helped a lot.

3 pounds down, 74 to go. and.... 35 weeks to do it. 8 months to lose 74 pounds. it'll be tough, but i can do it. 2.1 pounds per week. 9-10lbs per month. a little aggressive, but i SO WANT onederland by my birthday. i couldn't think of a better gift than weighing in on my birthday and seeing 199.9 (unless i see lower...) i haven't seen a 1 in front of my weight since there was a 1 in front of the year.

angelsgirl1983 02-08-2012 02:42 PM

Hey Everyone! I am new to 3 Fat chicks, but really want to see the end result be successful so a friend said to log onto a site for support and comradeship! So here I am!

I am aiming for a May wedding of a close friend and want to knock the socks off of people when they see me. Just really struggling with major sugar cravings and have a snack machine calling my name all day long! ARGH! I'm doing the point plus from weight watchers but i don't attend meetings. Just wondering if anyone has a carb craving blocker remedy?

konfyoozed 02-08-2012 03:05 PM

i don't really have a carb blocker remedy for you, but i found that avoiding the snack machine became really easy if i either carried no cash/change or kept my wallet in the car (or a locker if your job has those) or otherwise made it impossible to buy a snack :)

patchworkpenguin 02-08-2012 03:42 PM

Hubby texted me that his Dad has been taken to the hospital for pain in his arm/shoulder, they think he might have had another stroke, but we haven't heard anything definate. Crave your prayers and well wishes.

Mom had a bone density test and is fine, I've been having fun with 'my mom is dense' jokes. :dizzy:

Mandy, great job with the 3 lbs.

Angel'sgirl, welcome glad to have you join us.

Mahtha, hope your busy weekend goes as planned.

Cheryl, sorry about the loss of your Dad. Good job giving yourself time to grieve then getting back on plan.

Caroline, I hear you on the high calorie days to eat junk. Sounds like something I would do ;)

iDream, I wonder about the subs also. Seems that they would be a lot more accepted and widespread but I've had a hard time finding them. Several of us at Bible study use this same 'starter' but I seem to be the only one interested in making changes, but I"m not the only one watching my weight either.

Rakel, good job on stopping after two months! I kept up my denial for a lot longer!

mahtha 02-08-2012 03:50 PM

Congratulations, Mandy! :carrot: What a great reminder to stick with it even when you've *not exactly* been OP! You could easily have thrown up your hands and planned to start again next week. Congratulations to you! I'm looking at an August birthday goal of -50 pounds, let's cheer and nudge and push and pull each other over those finish lines.

Welcome, angelsgirl1983. I don't have a carb blocker hint for you either. Carbs are my downfall. I plan/allot points for double portions of pasta or rice or potatoes when I know they're on the menu. As far as chips and things like that go, I find it much easier to say no than to have a "normal" portion. I could easily eat a bag of chips/Doritos/Cheeze-Its/etc in one sitting. The key for me is not to start.

I keep carrots, raw green beans, pea pods, etc. handy so I do have something crunchy when I need it. As a last resort I'll make SmartPop popcorn, but I do it knowing I'll eat the whole bag...

A HUGE tray of gorgeous cookies just went by my office from a caterer trying to get our business. On the heels of all the Superbowl leftovers brought in to the office over the last few days it's been one long food fest here. I had a good week last week so I keep reminding myself that thin feels better than the temporary sugar buzz from any cookie. (OK, that and I'm saving points for real pizza on Friday night:D)

mahtha 02-08-2012 03:54 PM

patchworkpenguin, I was still typing when you posted. Hoping that your FIL is OK. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

thistoo 02-08-2012 05:53 PM

My prayers are with you and yours, Penguin.

Sue, there's always carb- and sugar-laden junk in my office too. There's no escaping it! Since I've given up grains it's a lot easier for me to pass it by without a thought, but giving in too many times is partly responsible for my huge regain, so I feel your pain. Especially those caterer cookies. YUM.

patchworkpenguin 02-08-2012 07:45 PM

FIL was sent home from the hospital not long ago. As it turned out a new-to-him Dr cut his arthritis meds to see if he really needed them or if they were causing another problem, but apparently FIL doesn't function well without them, which accounts for the pain in his arm/shoulder. At any rate, he's on his way home and it wasn't anything worse like another stroke. Thanks for the prayers. :hug:

ANewCreation 02-08-2012 08:29 PM

Hello and thanks for the encouraging words! I have been on plan for the last three days and I'm feeling very encouraged!

I am aiming for 1660 calories a day. That's what my fitness pal says it will take to lose 1# a week. It's a start ;)

I've been busy with my new grand daughter and her big brothers (hence forth referred to as my bonus boys, who I also adore). Being busy seems to keep away the munchies! I've also taken up crocheting in the evenings to keep me away from the munchies while I watch a couple of hours of tv.

Watching my simple carb intake was what worked for me before and that's pretty much what I'm doing now. I've always been a person who prefers whole foods so it isn't too hard. Yet I need a sweet at the end of the day so I've restricted myself to the one sweet I love more than anything else: chocolate! I allow myself 9 hershey kisses in the evening. Plus one small glass of red wine. That comes in at 335 calories. Yes, a large chunk, but since I'm not snacking during the day, it's working for me. But, should it cause me to stumble I'm not above eliminating it. Got to do whatever it takes, right?

Calories for the past three days:
Day 1: 1585
Day 2: 1710
Day 3: 1268

Besides chasing around a 3 year old (one of my bonus boys), I also swim 3 times a week at the Y. I love swimming and it's probably the one thing that has kept me from putting on all the weight I'd originally lost! My bonus boy loves the water too and some days I bring him with me and chase him around in the water. Fun way to burn some calories!!!

Forgive me for not addressing each of, especially the newbies! I'm way behind! I had no idea this thread was so active, but I'm not complaining-- I love seeing so many of you here. I wouldn't wish a backslide on anyone but it does my heart good to know I'm not alone in this.

Thanks again!

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-08-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Just wondering if anyone has a carb craving blocker remedy?
Hmmm ... I wish I did -- I'd bottle it, sell it, and become a gazillionaire!!! :lol:

Last night, I had a bowl of bran flakes for my evening snack (1 cup with skim milk & AS), and that got me through the night. It was an old trick I used many years ago when I was hungry or under in my calories. Now they do have carbs in them, but here's some other tricks I use ...

... a slice of cheese or cube of cheddar; leftover lean meat; hot tea; soup broth (chicken is my favorite); jello; mocha coffee, low sugar hot chocolate, yogurt and/or fruit. I also have 100 calorie bags of microwave popcorn in my cubby for emergency cravings (that's my sub for the junkies).

:welcome: to our newest returnees, TIMETOLOSE & ANGELSGIRL -- the most important thing is that you came back, and you are on the right track once again. :D

MANDY ~ congrats on the 3 lbs; that just goes to show us that it's all about averages; a fluff here and there can disappear over the week.

Eatiing went well today, but I felt hungry all day; turns out I was low on my calories yesterday even with the cereal in the evening. I am aiming for 1600-1800 calories these days; and 2000 is a maintenance day for me. I still have room for a snack tonight; so I'm OK. Will have some tea with that too.